Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Carlos Ortega Intro

Hello everyone,

I'm honored to be a part of this community which I respect so much due to the value it has provided me. My online name is Carlos Ortega (formerly 2531902); my real name is Jose Ortiz. I am a recent college graduate and am taking a few gap years before medical school. I was in a fraternity in college - an environment that naturally attracts plenty of high dark triad people. Hence, I got PU to help me navigate the testosterone packed environment I resided and to deal with dark triad individuals (ex. the president of the frat) as well as other envious/jealous people (guy friends who like my gf) who try to one up, dominate, and play power games. Looking back I was a "nice guy" when it came to dealing with more dark triad individuals, then pivoted to too "low warmth" and it started costing me relationships. Now, I found a better balance of adding more warmth and calibrating. Having been in that environment for years, I have seen a lot of the stuff talked about in PU but never really read between the lines and thought about what it meant.

Like most people I started by reading Robert Greene's books 48 laws.., 33 strategies.., etc. which albeit gave me a good mindset didn't really help me in my day to day as much, and I made a lot of social mistakes trying to apply these laws such as becoming way to quiet (to say less than necessary) and trying to seek too much attention (court attention at all cost). For me, PU has been unbeatable in its practicality of power dynamics and learning how to be an overall high quality value-adding individual. The information is so good sometimes I laugh out loud - the self-defense section on going meta (the analogy of leaving them naked cracked me up).

Learning PU has definitely transformed my life. I have more respect, status, and power as well as confidence and self esteem. Power awareness coupled with having been meditating and working out consistently for years has allowed me to navigate the world more effectively and assertively. I'm looking forward to becoming a value adding member of this forum, cheers.

Lucio Buffalmano, Ali Scarlett and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli ScarlettJohn FreemanJackZathrianMats GBelRobertoPower Duck

Hello Carlos and welcome.

Like you I found Robert Green books interesting but difficult to use in real life.

Lucio Buffalmano, Carlosortega and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoCarlosortegaBelPower Duck

Greetings and welcome Carlos good to meet you. I'm actually starting college myself very soon and I was wondering if you had a social insight or something you wish you knew going into college Freshmen year that you realized later

Lucio Buffalmano and Carlosortega have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoCarlosortega

Welcome here Jose / Carlos! (will use the nickname going forward unless you tell me you prefer the actual name)

Thank you for sharing your background story and thoughts, very interesting to read.

I agree with you that fraternities tend to attract high dark triads, and in general dominant and high-power men with more of an "unrestricted" sexual orientation (ie., multiple partners without commitment. And of course I'm saying in a descriptive way and without any judgment, Also because it's not like I did much different for most of my life).

Quote from Carlosortega on September 7, 2023, 6:51 pm

Like most people I started by reading Robert Greene's books 48 laws.., 33 strategies.., etc. which albeit gave me a good mindset didn't really help me in my day to day as much, and I made a lot of social mistakes trying to apply these laws such as becoming way to quiet (to say less than necessary) and trying to seek too much attention (court attention at all cost). For me, PU has been unbeatable in its practicality of power dynamics and learning how to be an overall high quality value-adding individual. The information is so good sometimes I laugh out loud - the self-defense section on going meta (the analogy of leaving them naked cracked me up).

Yeah, I think that's a common downside of those books and I've seen it tripping many many guys in a similar fashion.

It can be eye-opening as a first "awakening" to the general power dynamics layer of socialization, but can easily mislead when it comes to applying things.

P.S.:
Funny enough, I just recorded a brief short video some days ago on the "say less than necessary law" (so easy to trip up, also because in many situations and in most newly forming groups, extroverts who talk more usually gain a lot more status than the taciturn ones).

Quote from Carlosortega on September 7, 2023, 6:51 pm

Learning PU has definitely transformed my life. I have more respect, status, and power as well as confidence and self esteem. Power awareness coupled with having been meditating and working out consistently for years has allowed me to navigate the world more effectively and assertively. I'm looking forward to becoming a value adding member of this forum, cheers.

Rock on man, so happy to read that.

Welcome again and looking forward to reading more from you!

John Freeman, Carlosortega and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
John FreemanCarlosortegaBelRobertoPower Duck
Check the forum guidelines for effective communication.
---
(Book a call) for personalized & private feedback

Welcome Carlos! And thanks for the note on the voice.

Lucio Buffalmano, Carlosortega and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoCarlosortegaPower Duck

Thank you everyone for the replies!

To reply to your question Zathrian:

There's so much to it but I'll say PU will help you a lot so you're already ahead of where I was. Do the inner work—take care of yourself (mentally, physically, etc) and you'll be able to apply PU much better. Definitely network and be the kind of person that initiates stuff. That's it, if you have a more specific question let me know.

Power Duck has reacted to this post.
Power Duck
Quote from Carlosortega on September 8, 2023, 2:09 am

Thank you everyone for the replies!

To reply to your question Zathrian:

There's so much to it but I'll say PU will help you a lot so you're already ahead of where I was. Do the inner work—take care of yourself (mentally, physically, etc) and you'll be able to apply PU much better. Definitely network and be the kind of person that initiates stuff. That's it, if you have a more specific question let me know.

Do you have instagram or a contact I can reach out to? I think it'd be productive and fun for two power aware people at our age to be in touch

Power Duck

Hello Carlos,

welcome here!

Power Duck

Sure my insta is [joseortizz12] anyone is welcome to follow me and I'll follow them back.

Power Duck
Processing...
Scroll to Top