Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Collaborative and warm frame from Israeli police

Hello guys,

Here is an example of a collaborative and warm frame while enforcing authority and law. The two frames are Privacy vs Authority. Guess who wins?

Lol, funny how the music changed when he showed up and turned from confrontational, to compliant within the law -that was key-, and then giving orders also within the law.

And in the end, the power move:

Thank you very much, I have happily served and answered your questions

😀

What I really wonder though, is if the minibus would have gone through with a more friendly attitude.

I think chances are that they might have.

This is what the "film and fight back police" crowd doesn't seem to get: 98% of police encounters are going, or can be, resolved quickly and smoothly. The moment you start with the confrontational attitude, if the police has the power to annoy you, you are inviting retortion.

That started right away:

Officer: Where are you going? (a standard question at a border control)
Citizen: Why are you asking? I request you don't ask where we are going

Israel seems quite a police state, and the police/military might have more power compared to other countries.

Stef has reacted to this post.
Stef
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Agreed. That guy is a badass. The kind of leader I want to follow: integrity, strength, humanity, competence. It’s not that complicated but it’s very difficult.

That is also the thing. They were lucky not to be fined or kept for a longer time by a more ego-sensitive or more corrupt officer.

2 easy mindsets to go through life more smoothly

1. Don’t be a d##k

2. People are people

If they would have treated these soldiers like people (with feelings, goals, fears, limitations, etc. ) instead of enemies, they would have gone for win-win.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from John Freeman on February 17, 2021, 12:48 pm

If they would have treated these soldiers like people (with feelings, goals, fears, limitations, etc. ) instead of enemies, they would have gone for win-win.

Yep, perfectly said.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...