Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Communication to close work matters as an external advisor, to encourage the client to come with future matters while avoiding chasing work

Hi guys,

this is a request for feedback.

I am slowly tweaking a "closing email" for work matters with clients, and have recently started sending variations of this when a matter is closed.

Here it is in its last iteration (of course details may vary):

Me: Dear. ...,

with the transmission of this receipt, I believe we can consider closed the dispute started by ....

Nothing is due for these last activities that are covered by the fees already received.

It was a pleasure for me to be able to assist you in this matter, and I will be happy if I may be of further assistance for any other matter, now or in future.

With my kindest regards,

Bel

Do you think it flies, or am I making serious mistakes here (eg being too submissive, chasing work openly, subcommunicating something undesirable, etc.)?

As an example, the source I got this from said "It was a honor and a pleasure for me to be able to assist...", probably to avoid the yellow level judge frame, but I felt it was too strong.

Lucio Buffalmano and John Freeman have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoJohn Freeman

Overall good.

But tweak this, too disempowering in this line:

and I will be happy if I may be of further assistance for any other matter, now or in future

Basically, all of it.

Even this:

• for any other matter: nah, you want to portray that you don't take any shit coming your way. You want to retain the agency of deciding what to help with

Consider a problem-solver type of wording:

And happy to help you solve any issue that may arise in the future.

And a small detail, but this line:

Nothing is due for these last activities that are covered by the fees already received.

It focuses on what you get, which can be fair, but at least I'd get it in the positive:

The fees already received already cover everything.

Plus, if it went well, I'd totally use that.

Something like:

Glad I could assist you solve this issue.

Thread expand on that winner's vibe.

John Freeman, Transitioned and Bel have reacted to this post.
John FreemanTransitionedBel
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thank you so much Lucio.

This is awesome feedback that I'll implement immediately. So here it is:

Me: Dear. ...,

with this, I believe we can consider this matter closed.

The fees already received cover everything including these last activities.

Glad I could assist you positively closing this matter, and happy to help you solve any issue that may arise in the future.

With my kindest regards,

Bel

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Yeah, I think it's much better now.

And it's also briefer, which is an important plus.

Bel has reacted to this post.
Bel
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...