Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dating apps: super swipes and super likes

Hello everyone,

In my experience, I have less success with super swipes (Bumble) and super likes (Tinder) than normal swipes.

I don’t know if that’s just me or if there is a psychological principle behind it.

If there is such, here is my hypothesis.

In seduction university there is the idea that as men in dating we start with a deficit in power (AKA choice in this case).

I agree with this idea.

It might be that when you super like a woman you dig deeper down yourself in the power differential.

Your experience? Thoughts?

Yes, that makes sense.

The odds of being noticed are higher, but you incur the costs of chasing harder, which generally decreases your value/power and general appeal.

Which one wins out, depends on a case by case.

For example, if one happens to be very much her type, then the super like probably is higher odds simply because you have higher odds of reaching her.
Even higher odds if, say, she's looking for a relationship and his bio hints that he's doing the same. Then the super like can be the equivalent of a stronger courtship, which many women looking for a relationship enjoy.

Another element to keep in mind when teasing out general principles with a more scientific approach is that the women you super like have higher odds of also being more in demand, so we probably can't make a comparison with normal likes since the target population may be different.

All in all, I don't think I can generalize on the effectiveness of the super likes/swipes based on general principles since both the downside of chasing harder and the advantage of being noticed can make a difference.

When it comes to personal experience, I also don't have a strong opinion.

In Tinder, at least once I met (and ended up with) a girl I super-liked.
I remember that one because she commented on it in person. I don't remember any other, so that may have very likely been the only one.
However, I don't have a good idea about the stats to reach any conclusions.

Sucks but sometimes the more honest thing you can do is just to avoid any conclusion and end with "more data is needed".

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks! I agree with you I'm also on the fence with this one. I don't have a strong opinion.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Yeah, makes sense.

Personally I may use it if I see someone and think one of these:

• I think we'd get along real well
  • We're similar
  • She'd like me

And sometimes:

• She must receive lots of likes
  • Uses the app rarely

In which cases grabbing attention has higher odds of making up for the costs of the extra chase.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

It seems to me that it’s the best strategy. Otherwise if it’s a case of « wow this girl is out of my league I’ll get noticed » then it’s already a chasing mindset.

I’ll do like you.

Thanks!

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Processing...