Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hi! Looking forward to form win-win interactions.

Hi, I'm Tam. I am a frequent reader of The Power Moves and the forum.

The site helped me a lot in improving my power awareness and relationships with people. Discovered it a few months ago and was completely blown away by the resources here, especially about power dynamics and case studies ( both from the article and the forum ). They allowed me to reflect and get through some of the darkest times in my life.

So a big thank you to Lucio and all folks of the forum!

A little bit about me: In the past, my identity revolved around being "the best student in the class".(fragile ego) At first it was fine, but then I realized the distance between me and my classmates. My head also screamed Lonely = Power at that time. (later I learnt that it's a High Power, Low Warm approach)

My culture promote "good" people and "good" actions. So we got a mix: "Good" + "Best student" + Low self-esteem. In the end, I isolated myself to "protect" people from the ugly me. You can say I intentionally provoked others to distance myself. I'm too terrible to be someone's friend.

Eventually, I broke down at some point. That's when I learn to become the better: more assertive, standing up for myself and self-love.

At the moment, I am happy to say I outgrew those events. They taught me many things and caught my interests in assertiveness, building relationships and self-development in general.

I just bought PU last week as a new milestone for my journey in self-development. The material exceeds my expectations so far!

I'm so excited about the chance to share and form win-win interactions in the forum. Looking forward to learn and contribute with other people!

Lucio Buffalmano, Ali Scarlett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli ScarlettKavalierBelAlanFW

Hello Tam, and great to have you here!

Thank you for sharing your story, and glad to hear that you're already underway on your upward journey.

It also seems from your post that you've got much self-awareness, plus the courage to look and analyze yourself and the past -a truly great combo-.

Ali Scarlett and Tam Nguyen have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettTam Nguyen
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Hi Lucio, and thank you for the kind words!

And yes, I'm also happy that I've improved many of my social interactions since I got into self-development. (TPM played a significant role in it)

Still, I'm a beginner at power dynamics and have much room to develop.

So feel free to correct me in the future - as you said, I love self-evaluation and learning-.

Lucio Buffalmano and underdogexceptional have reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmanounderdogexceptional

Tam, great reading your story. Excited to progress together.

Lucio Buffalmano and Tam Nguyen have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoTam Nguyen
Processing...