Please or Register to create posts and topics.

(Solved) Login issues

I am having a lot of trouble logging in.

The login process is not easy or smooth for me.

I am having lots of trouble finding the login area to enter a username and password.

Furthermore, I very frequently get logged out when I don't want to be, and then I have to repeat the process to log back in.

Either I'm doing something very wrong, or the login process needs to be revamped.

I keep getting bounced to the page that is for those that have yet to pay/enroll yet.

How can I bypass all of this, or better yet, just say logged in on my devices?

Please advise.  Thank you.

Hey SS,

Where are you trying to login that you get sent to the checkout page?

The login form popups when you press the yellow "join" button in the upper right corner.
Or at the bottom of the homepage there is a "login" link.

Adding a better footer and possibly adding it on every single page is in the "tweaks" roadmap.

How often do the logouts happen?

Timed logouts are a safety feature of WordPress, but I get it that it can be annoying.
I might be looking into removing it for users who are not admins.

Posting on The Appropriate Forum Section

Finally, I have noticed that your latest threads were all opened in the private section of "Power University" alumni.

That's the section only and specifically for PU-related topics and questions, and strictly personal questions with personally identifiable information.
I had to move all those threads each time.

So I'm asking you to please take care of posting the threads in the appropriate section :).

Social_Strategist#1 has reacted to this post.
Social_Strategist#1
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I apologize for not posting this inquiry in the right section of the forum.

I will take greater care with that in the future.  It is not always immediately apparent to me which section I should post an inquiry in. However, I will take greater care with this in general, and before I post in the private section in particular.

As for the login issues, perhaps I'm missing something.  However, the only way I can reliably find to log in is to hit the button to join like I am a brand new first time customer.  Then I find a login screen that requests my username and password.  Then I end up on a "control panel" type of screen that appears to be from WordPress and has little if anything to do with the site content.

I do realize that no one else seems to be having an issue with this so perhaps I'm missing something.  But from my standpoint, the login process could be a lot easier and smoother.

I understand that the time logouts are a safety feature of WordPress.  Furthermore, the content is extremely valuable and I understand that you need to protect it.  That said, I do find the timed logouts to be extremely annoying.  IF anything can be done about this, I would very much appreciate it.

The above login / log out issues are the ONLY things I don't like about Power Moves / Power University -- however, the quality of the content makes the "struggle" I have with logging in and logging out to be well worth it.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Have you tried:

1. Checking the "remember me" (or something like that) checkmark below the password field. That should push it to two weeks without logging out
  2. Saving the user/pass combination in your browser. That should make it much easier and faster to log back in as the fields will be populated automatically

If anyone else has this issue, please let me know.

In any case, I added it to my list of things to talk about with my developer, so I might extend the period of automated log-outs.

And for the thread-placement, thanks, I appreciate it! 🙂

Log-in period doubled now to 30 days.

Edit: extended it even further now.
But you have to click "remember me" to make it work.

Processing...