Forum Moving

We’re transitioning to Discord.
Power University alumni, link here.
👉 Use Google to search this forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New PU sales page 3.0 (feedback?)

I'm calling this latest sales page 3.0 because:

So, my only note here for now is this:

When I first saw that headset on Lucio's head, I thought to myself, "Lucio looks like tech support."

And now, a few months later, I still have that same feeling.

It creates mixed signals for me since tech support reps are considered low-power but here's a guy who's "supposed to be" (and positioned themself as) high-power.

Also, it feels inauthentic. I don't think Lucio wears that on coaching calls. (And I'm saying that without having seen him on coaching calls, but the headset feels like an attempt to oversell how helpful his customer service is.)

Does anyone else share the same feeling?

Lucio Buffalmano, John Freeman and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoJohn FreemanPower Duck

Awesome, awesome feedback Ali, thank you so much!

I agree with you, it feels very "customer support".

And since I wouldn't be wearing that for a call indeed, also not very genuine.

Not sure I can prioritize it right now to change, but I'd like doing so in the future because I agree with you.

If anyone has any further thoughts on this, happy to read!

John Freeman and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
John FreemanPower Duck
Book a call. Offer now only valid for Power University alumni during checkout

I view it the same way as Ali. Better without the headset.

Lucio Buffalmano, J Les and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoJ LesPower Duck

A few short thoughts:

Why Nobody Fixed Self-Help Before

The sales page is long, so I didn't go into reading it expecting everything on it to be valuable to me. (Most sales pages aren't value-giving and I think most people go into reading sales pages feeling this way.)

So, when I saw the headline, "Why Nobody Fixed Self-Help Before," I immediately assumed I was going to get a (filler) backstory on some of the history of self-help. (I.e. The sales page has gone from possibly value-neutral to value-taking now because it feels more time-wasting to get through.)

Then, I read the information underneath that header and thought, "But, hang on, this copy is actually great, and the info there is indeed useful."

So, why is it that the headline feels like it's about to go into the history of the self-help industry?

Well, rather than framing the headline as "why," it should probably be framed with the personal relevance technique of saying "you."

For example:

Current Copy: Why Nobody Fixed Self-Help Before

New Copy: It Makes Sense Self-Help Is Failing You

Now, the flow of the page looks like this:

• Has Self-Help Fallen Short For You So Far?: they think to themself "yes"
  • It Makes Sense Self-Help Is Failing You: now you underline that you're giving value here (with advice) about why they're wasting their time with self-help
  • This Could Be You: now we move into the solution to their challenge (and what it could look like for them on the other side of it)

And moving into the solution section:

Everything You Need to Gain Status, Respect, Admiration… And Win At Life — Guaranteed.

I'd adjust it to this:

Everything You Need to Gain Status, Respect, and Admiration… *And* Win At Life — Guaranteed.

There's a term in psychology called the charm of three which basically states that less than three feels unpersuasive because it's underselling and more than three feels unpersuasive because it's overselling.

Right now, the current copy frames it as four benefits (i.e. overselling).

So, by adding that "and" between "respect" and "admiration," we frame it as only three benefits, and then frame the second "and" as adding a bonus benefit (which I think is more persuasive).

And a random thought here further down:

It’s A Shortcut To Becoming A Higher-Value Man

I think one of the original goals of TPM's first sales pages was convincing readers that PU is for women too.

So, perhaps changing this wording would be better for meeting that goal:

It’s A Shortcut To Becoming Higher-Value

But, since TPM is refocusing on the niche of "nice guys" maybe that also means excluding "nice girls."

So, I'd be happy to hear more about TPM's move to niche down to better tailor my suggestions moving forward.

Lucio Buffalmano and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoPower Duck

BOOOM!

Awesome, awesome analysis Ali, thank you!

I took it all over with slight modification of adding "Why It Makes Sense Self-Help Is Failing You".

As for the "high-value man", yes you're right, it's part of the niching down, so keeping the spotlight on men all across the various sub-avatars (good men, ambitious men, too nice guys, etc. Some may say even that is even too much and it should be just one of them. But it was difficult enough to target men only 🙂 ).

Ali Scarlett and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettPower Duck

Feed-back on the current landing page:

Better in all respects in my opinion. I saw the changes and I’m aware you guys are experimenting : “effective” and “confident” sounds better than “assertive” to me (as you put it) Suggestion: “confident and effective life winner” or the other way around.

Other suggestion: a text just below that would go like:

With this course you’ll learn how to go from:

• Submissive to dominant.
  • Beta to alpha
  • Passive aggressive to assertive
  • Manipulated to impervious to manipulation
  • Socially clueless to social strategist
  • Chasing to being chased
  • Doormat to being respected
  • Low status to high status

Cheers

Lucio Buffalmano and Kavalier have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKavalier

NICE!

Thank you so much John, very useful feedback!

Some important changes indeed, and going in the direction of the homepage being more of a landing page / presentation of PU -with still the most important values/beliefs of TPM-.

Right now it's still more ideation/personal reflection and best practices from some good resources I found, then later on to hopefully come up with a few version to be properly put to the test.

And agree with you on that confident VS assertive.
I did reflect on that "assertive" VS "confident", and confident just was a better fit.
Confidence is more important, doesn't require assertiveness, and assertiveness isn't even always the most effective approach. So it wouldn't even reflect reality/what PU then teaches.

John Freeman, Kavalier and Power Duck have reacted to this post.
John FreemanKavalierPower Duck

Side note: It’s inspiring to me to see your team always improving TPM on all aspects.

Processing...
Scroll to Top