Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shaving Your Head Is Attractive

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on February 14, 2021, 9:22 pm

Well, I finally reviewed it:

• Shaved heads are attractive: men with shaved heads were rated more attractive compared to men with thinning hair, and they were rated as more, assertive, masculine, and strong, compared to men with a full head of hair (Mannes, 2012)

I also read this article about shaved heads:
The Power Cut: Men With Shaved Heads Look More Dominant

In this article, it says shaved heads are more attractive because

• You signify that you are a man of action
  • A shaved head may also signal that a man is confident enough to give up his hair.
    Because a full head of hair is valued in our culture,
    the choice to voluntarily shave suggests that the person is secure enough not to need that trait.

My friend told me that shaving your head is a technique to get a job in investment banking.
People think that you are more experienced.

That book does a generally poor job at teasing out information from researches.

Also from the "con" section of that book -which I'm going to edit now and also mention in that bullet point-:

The author says that men with shaved head were more attractive.

But when I researched the study, it said that men with shaved heads were seen as (significantly) more dominant, and stronger, but not more attractive.
Men with shaved heads were more attractive compared to thinning hair, but not to a head full of hair.

So stronger, higher power, more mannish... But not more attractive.

Still, definitely not necessarily a handicap also when it comes to attraction, and I can speak from personal experience that several women said they preferred, or even strongly preferred shaved -of course, I probably met fewer women who instead preferred or strongly preferred heads full of hair, but it's definitely not the handicap that some men make it out to be.
Also because once she perceives you're "more" and higher power than her, than what's "attractive" often follows suit.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks for sharing this point further and your personal experience.

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on February 15, 2021, 2:27 am

So stronger, higher power, more mannish... But not more attractive.

I think this is a key point.
The red pill often conflates between being more mannish and becoming more attractive.

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on February 15, 2021, 2:27 am

Still, definitely not necessarily a handicap also when it comes to attraction, and I can speak from personal experience that several women said they preferred, or even strongly preferred shaved -of course, I probably met fewer women who instead preferred or strongly preferred heads full of hair, but it's definitely not the handicap that some men make it out to be.
Also because once she perceives you're "more" and higher power than her, than what's "attractive" often follows suit.

I find that there are many ways to look good with your current features.
After getting the basics of looking good, like what Lucio says, power dynamics and leadership seem to be most important in getting results.

The red pill often conflates between being more mannish and becoming more attractive.

Very true, great observation.

There is term in the dictionary of power called "threshold effect".
Some traits for "masculinity" become less attractive to women above a certain threshold, albeit they can still work to garner respect from other men.
So some men think, mistakenly, that because it works with other men, it also works with women. But that's not the case -or at least, not nearly as consistently-.

The same is true for attractive feminine qualities, albeit probably the threshold is higher.
So for example the woman who sends out "protect me" signals is attractive, but if overdone, then she looks inept and that's not attractive.

Stef has reacted to this post.
Stef

some men look more attractive with a shaved head, like 1% of males,

some women may look ok with a shaved head, like 0.0001% of them, and it can be exciting just because of variety and ambiguity (e.g. latent homoeroticism).

I made up those numbers, it is just my general impression, and yes more manly is not always more attractive, there is a trade off, after a point more manly becomes more ugly and like a monster ( a very dominant yet ugly one), so you start lossing attraction points on the pure looks domain, there should be a sweet spot. (as always , at least on the individual level, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some small percentage of woman may have fantasies about having sex with monsters, aliens, people with deformities, and stuff like that)

some guys have a nice mixture of masculine + feminine features, this faces are very polarizing, some people love them other find them ugly or confusing.

more feminine on the other hand is always more pretty, and femine looking men can also be very attractive for women, men, homosexual men and lesbian women alike, but there are social consequences ( usually bad) or penalty points for being gender deviant ( dude looks like a lady).

I think Lucio mention that in some of his post about attractivenes, looks and social status, etc.

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Yep, great post Stef, also accounting for the exceptions that (almost 🙂 ) always exist.

One more element here is "habit" and mental representation.

So unless you are one of those men who gets sick at the idea of balding, once you shave for a while, it becomes "you", and if you had to see yourself with hair, chances are you'd think "what the f*ck is that".
I think that if I'd get a full head of hair now, I'd probably still shave it -and coincidences of life, I contemplated a hair transplant just these last few weeks, even had a visit, but then dropped it because I didn't care enough to make it worth it. I'm considering tricopigmentation though, and might do that one as it's easier and temporary-.

I think that if I'd get a full head of hair now, I'd probably still shave it

I think your profile picture on the forum looks quite powerful.
It adds to the credibility of the posts.
Not sure how it will look with hair.

But it may be a personal bias.
I have mental associations of powerful people with shaved heads like Jeff Bezos, Steve Ballmer and Marc Andreessen.
I had a powerful, bald mentor a few years back.

an example of a guy with overal strong masculine facial features  plus a very feminine eye area (Cillian Murphy).

Image result for natalie portman bald

Natalie Portman: it works (yet she is prettier with long hair in my opinion)

On the other hand, another pretty lady, Nicole kidman yet i think that look does not work for her.

Image result for nicole kidman bald

Jason Staham (the poster boy for attractive looking bald men with fake pothoshoped hair)

Image result for jason staham with hair

balding I think full shaved looks better as in the right, the same for people who do not have a symmetric or full beard.

Image result for jason statham bald

this guy looks better on medium hair lenght cause with short hair he looks to boyish (with long hair to feminine), dont know how he would look with a bald head

hair length and attractiveness

so there is a lot to consider

there is a nice article about hair lenght and male attractivnes at girls chase ( https://www.girlschase.com/content/hair-length-and-male-attractiveness)

Image result for BALD WOMEN

SHE PULL OFF THE BALD LOOK! 9.5/10 in my opinion.

I think women need top tier model facial features to look good bald, and a small nose, small ears, cause withouth hair all of these looks bigger.

in her case the strong eyebrows and other masculine things and her compact mid-face also helps her to look relatively good bald.

I know this post was about men, yet I think it is worth analysing estethics in both sexes.

Image result for BALD cara delevigne