Welcome to The Power Moves, the best resource available on power dynamics.
Why learning about power?
Learning power dynamics is not only or necessarily about projecting power, but about fairness, preventing abuse and developing and maintaining healthy, win-win relationships.
And if you are a driven man, there is no way around here:
If you want to reach your potential, you need to learn power dynamics.
What Do You Need Help With?
Power dynamics apply to all areas of life and socialization.
#1. Social Skills / Social Power
Learning social skills is learning power dynamics
People who are good with people learn to read and act on power cues. Anything else is only teaching you to be a clown or a people’s pleaser.
- A social power overview in 7 minutes
- Law of social exchange (to get, you must give)
- Best social skills resources
#2. Influencing & Persuasion
The highest form of power is making people want to do it
Most power in real life is exercised through persuasion and influence.
- Soft power: the hallmark of social power
- Coercion and power-over don’t work
- Best resources on influence and persuasion
But some do it more. And some always fall for it.
You are here to avoid being the sucker in the latter group.
And to contrast the professional manipulators in the former.
- The psychology of politicians’ manipulation
- Manipulative negotiation techniques
- Best resources on manipulation
What’s manipulation: Manipulation is persuasion applied for harmful of exclusively selfish interests (instead of win-win).
#4. Dating & Seduction
Everything is about sex. Except for sex. Sex is about power
I don’t actually agree with that quote.
But it’s certainly true that leadership and power dynamics are the essences of dating and seduction.
The dating advice for women is, on average, very poor.
Start here to upgrade your dating:
Many best-selling dating books for women also perpetrate poor mindsets and. This ebook reviews and fixes the female dating literature.
There are many good dating resources for men and that’s why I haven’t gone deep on the technical part.
But it’s the overall understanding of dating dynamics which is lacking and that’s what I focused on:
- Lover VS providers: what you didn’t know
- The truth about hypergamy
- Mind games women play
- Best dating resources for men
And here is a proper in-depth look into some of the current manosphere trends:
The more you shiver looking at relationships in terms of power dynamics, the more likely it is you’ll be taken advantage of
A good understanding of power dynamics promotes healthy and mutually-supportive relationships.
Start by understanding how, most often, women control relationships:
- How women control relationships (and men)
A solid understanding of power dynamics also prevents abusive relationships.
And, finally, this is a science-backed overview of all you need to know about successful relationships:
#6. Workplace Power Dynamics
Being good at your job is 1/3 of the battle.
The other 2/3 are being good at selling it and being good with the people that matter.
There is little arguing about this:
Resources confer power.
And I couldn’t run a website on power without also discussing the politics and the power dynamics of the workplace.
But first of all:
And then let’s get into some proper workplace power:
- Corporate lies & manipulation
- The players of office politics
- How to dispatch an abusive manager (for good)
And finally, I’m usually more on the side of the powerless and oppressed, but a**holes can be found anywhere of course:
An enlightened leader is a leader driven by values, tempered with real-world knowledge of power dynamics
The ultimate goal of learning power dynamics on this website is to make you an enlightened leader.
#8. Real-Life Case Studies
The Power Moves was born with the idea of being as thorough as possible while being as practical as possible.
And “real-life case studies” is the section where I analyze and breakdown the social dynamics and power moves of real-world interactions.
Some of the most popular include:
- Neil Strauss (pussy-whipped by the hosts)
- Elon Musk analysis (abusive relationship & low EQ)
- Peterson VS Newman (fiery debate analysis)
- Tai Lopez sales (manipulation techniques)
- Grant Cardone (poor relationship analysis)
#8. Empowered Lifestyle
Power without freedom and quality of life is useless
One of the motivators behind this website was anger.
And the second is a burning desire for freedom and independence.
Entrepreneurship combines the two with a financially viable business.
I also share the tools I use for this website (and the people I hire):
And what I’m focusing on in the forum:
#9. Book Reviews
I seek wisdom like a gold-digger, and I hunt BS like a Neanderthal
I’m a very demanding reviewer.
I have little patience for fluff, woo-woo theories and unsubstantiated claims presented as facts and, most of all, I have a personal beef with snake oil salesmen.
So on this website you get very straight forward reviews and summaries that expand or shrink solely depending on the quality of information.
- Build your reading list: here you can sort by category and review ratings
- Book reviews: all reviews on one page, ordered by rating
- Book summaries: all summaries in one page, no order
- Best books on power: if you’re here, you might be interested in power 🙂
The Power Moves Values
The Power Moves is an arrow, shot at the world’s bullies
- There is no virtue in being a victim: There is no shame in being a victim when you didn’t know any better or couldn’t have done anything about it.
But it is amoral being a victim when you have the power to change, learn and grow.
Yes, it was painful and you got all my sympathy. But it comes a time when you must say “f*ck your sympathy” and get going.
- You’re only as free as your personal power allows you to be: you can’t be free if you depend on someone’s approval, on someone to make you happy or on someone to keep you on the payroll.
You earn your freedom through personal power, financial independence, and mental development
- You’re only as virtuous as your personal power allows you to be: it’s the power of making your own decisions and choosing your course of actions that underpins virtue.
Individuals without the power and strength of making their own decisions cannot be virtuous.
“Yes” is only virtuous when you had the strength of saying “no”
- Seek growth, not help: It’s immoral to expect others to help when you haven’t first helped yourself or when you haven’t helped yourself first.
Plus, it doesn’t always work. Sure, sometimes you’ll get rescued. Just don’t bank on it.
Seek growth, not help
- It’s better to make yourself into someone who doesn’t need help than asking for help: always work to make yourself into someone who’s self-sufficient. No shame if you can’t manage. But keep trying anyway.
When you approach the world with your hand out, nobody wants to help.
And when you don’t need help, you get lots of it.
- Question authority: The abusers of this world, will count on you not to question authority.
And the super-driven narcissists will count on you to exchange your freedom for their success.
The worst cases of “following” orders slaughtered millions.
The best cases, just killed their souls.
- Overthrow poor leadership: Power requires checks and balances to make sure it stays fair. Those checks and balances start with the followers’ own empowerment.
It’s your duty to question authority. And if unworthy, it’s your duty not to follow morally bankrupt leaders
Let’s be honest: if your boss is a POS, what does that say about you when you’re still calling a POS, “boss”?
- Rebel, seek to forge for your own path: Not rebelling for rebellion’s sake, but to find yourself first and foremost
You will never find your unique voice is all you do is singing on someone else’s tune
- The best bet for a better world is learning power dynamics: there can be no good without mastering evil.
You can’t legislate fairness, respect, politeness and win-win relationships. But you can learn how to demand it.
- To be truly free you must understand your genetical programming: what’s good for the selfish genes is rarely good for the world -or for you-. You cannot be free unless you first learn where your unconscious drives are pushing you
Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have the chance to upset their designs
-Richard Dawkins, “The Selfish Gene“
- Be wary of groups, prefer healthy individualism: group dynamics lend themselves to easy manipulations.
And some of the worst of humankind originates from idiots in poorly led groups.
Groups is where weak egos go to hide.
Before you want to lead any group, you must become a man who can walk alone
The Power Moves offers the following products:
I’m into efficiency.
And most books are not efficient: way too much padding.
The ebooks on sales here: are concentrated wisdom with the goal of transferring applicable information as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you’re looking for the quickest fix to upgrading yourself, they might be good for you.
Social Power Course
There are over a thousand articles and reviews here.
Social Power, the course, ties it all together.
It’s the quickest way to learn real-life social skills, upgrade your emotional intelligence and, of course, learn and apply power dynamics to empower yourself.
Some articles are password-protected and some forums are hidden because I share details and pictures that cannot be public.
Members get access to them.
Plus unlimited articles, ad-free experience and, of course, all my gratitude for keeping the website running :).
About The Author
I’m a social scientist on a mission.
You can read more about me in the About page.