Welcome to The Power Moves, the only place to learn about people, power, and life strategies.
Driven men and women come here to learn what truly works. No BS, no PC.
What Do You Need Help With?
Power dynamics apply to all areas of life and socialization.
#1. Social Skills / Social Power
Learning social skills is learning power dynamics
The Power Moves believes that social skills cannot do without power dynamics.
People who are really good with people learn to read and act on those power dynamics.
- A social power overview in 7 minutes
- Law of social exchange (to get, you must give)
- Best social skills resources
#2. Influencing & Persuasion
The highest form of power is making people want to do it
Most power in real life is exercised through persuasion and influence.
- Soft-power: the invisible power dynamics of socialization
- Why coercion is a poor power strategy
- Best resources on influence and persuasion
But some do it more. And some always fall for it.
(And I don’t want you to be the latter)
You are here to avoid being the sucker in the latter group.
And to contrast the professional manipulators in the former.
- The psychology of politicians’ manipulation
- Manipulative negotiation techniques
- Best resources on manipulation
What’s manipulation: Manipulation is persuasion applied for harmful of exclusively selfish interests (instead of win-win).
#4. Dating & Seduction
Everything is about sex. Except for sex. Sex is about power
Leadership and power dynamics are the essence of dating and seduction.
The dating advice for women is, on average, very poor.
Start here to upgrade your dating:
- Start here
- Science-backed dating strategies
- Why successful women fail at dating (& how to fix it)
- Most Common Dating Mistakes
Many best-selling dating books for women also perpetrate poor mindsets and. This ebook reviews and fixes the female dating literature.
There are many good dating resources for men -and that’s why I haven’t written as much on the technical aspects of seduction for men-.
But the overall understanding of dating dynamics is lacking and that’s what I focused on.
- Sexual Marketplace 101
- Sexual Market Value 101 (& SMV Hacks)
- Dating strategies: a research-based overview of what works
- Lover VS providers: what you didn’t know
The more you shiver looking at relationships in terms of power dynamics, the more likely it is you’ll be taken advantage of
A good understanding of power dynamics avoids abuse and promotes healthy and mutually-supportive relationships.
Start by understanding how, most often, women control relationships:
- How women control relationships (and men)
A solid understanding of power dynamics also prevents abusive relationships.
And, finally, this is a science-backed overview of all you need to know about successful relationships:
#6. Workplace Power Dynamics
Being good at your job is 1/3 of the battle.
The other 2/3 are being good at selling it and being good with the people that matter.
There is little arguing about this:
Resources confer power.
And I couldn’t run a website on power and life strategies without also discussing the power dynamics business and office.
But first of all:
And then let’s get into some proper workplace power:
- Corporate lies & manipulation (warning: you might like your eployer much less after this!)
- The players of office politics
- How to dispatch an abusive manager (for good)
And finally, I’m usually more on the side of the powerless and oppressed, but a**holes can be found anywhere, so here is a guide for managers:
An enlightened leader is a leader driven by values, tempered with real-world knowledge of power dynamics
The ultimate goal of learning power dynamics on this website is to make you an enlightened leader.
#8. Real-Life Case Studies
This website is built on this idea:
Knowledge that changes lives is knowledge that must be simple to understand, internalize, and apply.
And for that, we need clear example from real life.
That’s why my articles have so many videos and “mock dialogues”.
And that’s why there is a whole section of “real-life case studies”, where I analyze and break down the social and power dynamics of real-world interactions.
Some of the most popular include:
- Elon Musk analysis (abusive relationship & low EQ)
- Tai Lopez sales (manipulation techniques)
- Ben Shapiro (debate techniques)
#8. Empowered Lifestyle
Power without freedom is like a Ferrari without a steering wheel
Some key self-development tenets:
One of the motivators behind this website was anger -anger towards world’s injustices-.
And the second is a burning desire for freedom and independence.
Entrepreneurship can combine the two with a financially viable business. You can read more about the values behind The Power Moves:
I also share the tools I use for this website (and the people I hire):
And what I’m focusing on in the forum, feel free to ask anything:
#9. Book Reviews
I seek wisdom like a gold-digger hunts gold, and I hunt BS like a Neanderthal
I’m a tough reviewer.
I have little patience for fluff and woo-woo theories.
Unsubstantiated claims presented as facts drive me wild. And I have a personal beef with snake oil salesmen.
So on this website you get very straight forward reviews and summaries that expand or shrink solely depending on the quality of information.
- Book reviews: all reviews on one page, ordered by rating
- Book summaries: all summaries in one page, no order
- Best books on power: if you’re here, you might be interested in power 🙂
The Power Moves Values
- Power starts by choosing never to be a victim: There is no shame in being a victim when you didn’t know any better or couldn’t have done anything about it.
But it is immoral staying a victim when you know you are one and when you have the power to change -and you almost always have-.
Yes, it was painful and you got all my sympathy. Truly. But it comes a time when you must say “f*ck your sympathy” and get going.
- You’re only as free as your personal and mental power allows you to be: you can’t be free if you depend on someone’s approval, on someone to make you happy, or on someone to keep you on the payroll.
You earn your freedom through personal power, financial independence, and mental development
- You’re only as virtuous as your personal power allows you to be: it’s the power of making your own decisions and choosing your course of actions that underpins virtue.
Individuals without the power and strength of making their own decisions cannot be virtuous.
“Yes” is only virtuous when you had the strength of saying “no”
- Seek growth, not help: It’s immoral to expect others to help when you aren’t also trying to help yourself first.
Plus, it doesn’t work. Sure, sometimes someone will rescue you. Just don’t bank on it.
Ask for a fish, and you’re back begging the next day. Learn to fish, and you can even help others.
- Question authority: Organized evil is based on followers’ acquiescent execution.
In business, the world’s narcissists and sociopaths are counting on you to close your eyes on their moral compass and exchange your freedom for their success.
The worst cases of “following orders” without questioning authority slaughtered millions.
The best cases, only killed their souls.
- Question authority II: Power requires checks and balances to make sure it stays fair. Those checks and balances start with the followers’ own empowerment.
It’s your duty to analyze the quality of your superiors. And if unworthy, it’s your duty to find a way out: you can’t follow morally bankrupt leaders and think of yourself a worthy individual
Let’s be honest: if your boss is a POS, what does that say about you when you’re still calling a POS, “boss”?
- Rebel, seek to forge for your own path: Not rebelling for repealing’ sake, but to find yourself first and foremost.
To get to know you, you must walk by yourself (at least for a while).
You will never find your unique voice is all you do is singing on someone else’s tune
- The best bet for a better world is learning power dynamics: there can be no good without mastering evil.
You can’t legislate fairness, respect, politeness and win-win relationships. But you can learn how to get them in your own life.
- To be truly free you must understand your genetical programming: what’s good for the selfish genes is rarely good for the world -or for you-. You cannot be free unless you first learn how your unconscious drives are pushing you around.
Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have the chance to upset their designs
-Richard Dawkins, “The Selfish Gene“
- Be wary of groups, prefer healthy individualism: group dynamics lend themselves to easy manipulations and can bring out the darker side of human nature.
Much of the worst of humankind originated from idiots, leading people who never questioned authority. Feel free to join any group you want, just don’t let it influence you too heavily while you work on your personal power.
Groups is where weak egos go to hide.
The Power Moves offers the following products:
I’m into efficiency.
And many books are not efficient because there is too much padding.
The ebooks on sales here are concentrated wisdom with the goal of transferring applicable information as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you’re looking for the quickest fix to upgrading yourself, they might be good for you.
Social Power Course
There are over a thousand articles and reviews here.
Social Power, the course, ties it all together.
It’s the quickest way to learn real-life social skills, upgrade your emotional intelligence and, of course, learn and apply power dynamics to empower yourself.
Some articles are password-protected and some forums are hidden.
Members get access to them.
Plus unlimited articles, ad-free experience and, of course, all my gratitude for keeping the website running :).
About The Author
I’m a social scientist on a mission.
There is some info in the “about” page, still under construction.