Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Who I recommended as a mentor after getting featured in the media

You guys already know the answer :).

I got featured in Billion Success today, the team over there is really great. They even awarded me fast publication at no personal cost to me.

And, when asked if I could recommend a book, a podcast, or a course for entrepreneurs and why, of course, I mentioned Ultimate Power:

They even agreed to include a direct link to it in the interview :D.

I often recommend Lucio's products in the hopes that it will further enable him to do for others what he did for me. He changed my life.

I personally feel like Power University may be too advanced for some which is why I never hesitate to mention Ultimate Power. That's a product that can help anyone, anywhere, anytime, for years to come regardless of where they currently are.

Like I said, someday I'll find a way to repay Lucio for all he's done for me. And, I'm grateful to be slowly making progress on that journey.

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Boom!

Congrats Ali, and thank you so much!

Links are super helpful for SEO, and websites like this one struggle quite a bit in acquiring them for a variety of reasons, so that's very much appreciated.

As for giving back, I really appreciate the thought man, really kind and honorable of you, and at the same time want you to know that you, together with several other guys here, have been giving a lot to this website (as well as given a lot to the world by advancing new self-development disciplines within power dynamics and social strategies).

Ali Scarlett and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettMatthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks, appreciate you saying that, Lucio. I also see a lot of value in the book itself and believe in it fully, so I'll still continue to mention it while providing any value I can here in the forum.

With that said, I was interviewed again, this time by the team over at IdeaMensch:

And, they were also open to including another direct link :D.

Personally, nothing would make me happier than if I could make a new friend here in the forum because they took my recommendation to check out Ultimate Power. Or, because the improved SEO helped them find this amazing website. That's something that would bring me more fulfillment and I think that would be really awesome.

So, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get anything out of this 🙂

Boom!

You're on a roll, Ali, well done!

Personally, nothing would make me happier than if I could make a new friend here in the forum because they took my recommendation to check out Ultimate Power. Or, because the improved SEO helped them find this amazing website. That's something that would bring me more fulfillment and I think that would be really awesome.

So, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get anything out of this ?

Yeah, I personally think that total, complete "selfless giving" isn't even the best ultimate goal.

Beyond the considerations of whether or not that's even possible, win-win is still superior.

If we can find something in it for us when we do a favor to someone, be it aligning interests, getting something back now or in the future, increasing social capital, or by simply "feeling good about it", that's all the better for everyone.

OFF-TOPIC

I've noticed that with the links those guys use "no-follow" tag, which means that the "SEO juice" is not passed on.

It's a bad strategy in my opinion, very defensive.
I guess that people most often do it in fear of not giving more to another website which might be a potential competitor (which most likely we're not). But that decreases their own giving, and make it less likely that I'd want to link back to them, or maybe cooperate with them one day.

Plus, it generally makes you look defensive / cheap.

BUT, it's still super helpful for the website.
Both for people reading it, and probably indirectly also to help increase the authority of the website because of the mention around the link itself.

OFF-TOPIC

Recently, I got featured on the I AM CEO podcast:

It was a great time and, as always, I recommended Ultimate Power, which is still one of my favorite books today.

Unfortunately, when I checked the link, it redirected to the podcast's "books" page meaning no SEO juice for TPM. And, I've been noticing this recurring pattern of media outlets and podcasts I collaborate with not wanting to provide a direct link to the TPM website.

So, lately, whenever a media outlet or podcast asks for a link to my book, I give them the TPM affiliate link. And, while I wish I could do more, I think it's a pretty good work-around for right now.

Thank you so much, Ali, humbled and grateful for the mention.

And sounding like a boss on that podcast :).

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Thank you for saying that, Lucio!
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on August 18, 2021, 12:09 pm

P.S.:

In case you wanna listen to Ali, this is the podcast.

Ali, would it be OK with you if I added that audio file -or part of it- as a testimonial for "Ultimate Power"?
Can also add your name with a link to whatever you prefer, or omit the audio file, omit your name and/or make a up name (and add a note that "some names might have been changed for privacy").

If you prefer not to, totally cool.

Yea, I'm OK with that. And, my feelings on TPM and Ultimate Power are no secret anyway, so no need for the anonymity :).

*Note: This seemed like the relevant thread. If you don't think so, Lucio, feel free to move it back to the other one.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you Ali and yes, absolutely this was the right place, I posted the original comment in the wrong thread.

Reposting now the most relevant part here.

P.S.:

In case you wanna listen to Ali, this is the podcast.

Awesome man, thanks for sharing the link!

An editorial news article was written about me recently:

And, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to share a YouTube video I would recommend:

A part of me wanted to recommend Lucio's breakdown of Charlie Houpert because it's currently one of my favorites (and it'd likely be helpful since many people know Charisma On Command anyway).

But, I figured this YouTube video might be more impactful both for TPM and for the audience given its popularity.

Either way, recommending TPM is becoming a habit of mine. It often annoys me when people interview me seeking my knowledge and then don't want to give credit to the people who helped me attain that knowledge (for example, by using "no-follow" tags).

So, right now, I'm having fun exploring different ways to overcome the competitive frames of others in a way that benefits more people.

And, luckily, they seemed very open to it in this case. There was no negotiating necessary :).

Processing...