Former Community – We Moved

🆕 Coached community here, for posts & feedback public community here.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

33 strategies of war VS Concise 33 strategies of War

What is the difference between the two?

Will I miss out on significant information if I read the concise version instead?

Thanks!

Hey mate, thank you for writing it here!

I have read the "33 Strategies of War" in its original format, but not the concise version so take this opinion with a big grain of salt.

I consider the 33 Strategies a great book, and I place it even higher than Greene's more popular "48 Laws of Power". The 48 Laws is more about "every day applications of power", and that's why it's probably more popular: it's easier to grasp and far more vivid.

But the 33 Strategies is more about a macro perspective, which in my opinion makes it even more important.

And my general advice is to read "OK books" on summaries and great books original (exceptions apply, like for great books that fall outside your life interests and goals).

The concise version, I suppose, will skip all the examples. But especially while you learn the examples are exactly what will help you understand and crystallize the concepts in your mind.
Two years from now you will forget the book.
But if you internalized the concepts, they will still stay within you. And that's much more likely to happen with the longer version.

Community, new content and Confidence University now available here.
Processing...
Scroll to Top