Forum Moving

We’re transitioning to Discord.
Power University alumni, link here.
👉 Use Google to search this forum.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPublic Forum: DatingApologising Power Move
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Apologising Power Move

Hi, I encountered a situation where I was speaking with a girl and her friend  was not playing ball, and later  the friend  told me this

Friend : I'm sorry about earlier, I was rude to you.  and you couldn't spend a lot of time with her because I had to leave.(The girl invariably couldn't leave her friend alone so had to leave, all this was due to logistical  problem)

Me: Were you rude to me? I didn't notice it. The girl and I can meet some other time, no problem.

I genuinely didn't think she was being rude to me or anything, so my reply was in part a reflection of that and as well as a response to a move which if I had replied it's alright or it' okay, would have dis-empowered me. Do you think my  response was adequate or was it inadequate based on the above snippet of conversation?

Thank you.

You did fine.

May have also surfaced it:

You: that's not cool. When were you rude

Or checked it anyway:

You: if you were rude, don't do it anymore. But I truly didn't notice

This is better because:

• You check the power move even in the hypothetical, non-existing scenario
  • In case she really thought she was rude, you enforce boundaries and "put her back in her place"
  • You're the kind of guy who takes action on diresepct, but that isn't concerned about the small stuff (as you didn't even notice)
Kavalier, Bel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
KavalierBelsecretkeyMaverickPower DuckLuke
Book a call. Offer now only valid for Power University alumni during checkout
Thank you Maverick for the case study, it’s really good.
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on December 3, 2022, 11:10 am

You: if you were rude, don't do it anymore. But I truly didn't notice

This is better because:

• You check the power move even in the hypothetical, non-existing scenario
  • In case she really thought she was rude, you enforce boundaries and "put her back in her place"
  • You're the kind of guy who takes action on diresepct, but that isn't concerned about the small stuff (as you didn't even notice)

I think this is awesome, and PU worthy.

Lucio Buffalmano, Kavalier and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKavaliersecretkeyMaverick

Hi Lucio,

I felt my answer was not optimal, cause I didn't  address the hypothetical rudeness, but these  answers nail it.

May have also surfaced it:

You: that's not cool. When were you rude

Thank you

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Processing...
Scroll to Top