Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Case study: the power of letting your hate lose (Trump on Rosie O'Donnel)

Nobody appreciates "dark feelings" and drives.

Yet, if you have them, it might be best for you to admit to them.
Not only to yourself, but openly doing so.

Covert aggression is inherently low-power.
It half-shows our anger and hatred, but sub-communicates we don't have the power and confidence to fully back it up.

Ppen aggression at least sub-communicates that you own it, and you're not afraid of speaking it.

Here is an example of  Trump removing his shields of social acceptability:

If Trump had criticized Rosy while pretending was sad for Rosy’s failure, he would have looked sneaky and weak.

By removing all shields instead he “only” looks angry -and overly aggressive and too vindictive, but not sneaky and weak-.

Trump there went quite overboard, but you use the same concept and turn into a half-joke in which you just admit the truth.

I do it often, see an example here.
I tell the winner “you beat me” because we both evaluated that night and I did want to win. Most people would have pretended they thought nothing of it, but the fact I was open about it is an example of “powerful vulnerability”.
People appreciate it, notice the crowd's response.

Warning:
Before voicing your dark side, make sure that your feelings of anger, frustration, and revenge are at least somewhat justified. If they’re not, you might be better off hiding them completely (and working on yourself).

Sa’ad and Mitch White have reacted to this post.
Sa’adMitch White
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Covert aggression is inherently low-power.
It half-shows our anger and hatred, but sub-communicates we don't have the power and confidence to fully back it up.

Even though Ben Shapiro seems very good at covert aggression, I do see Jordan Peterson as using more intellectual and direct forms of persuasion as a higher class and higher status.

I guess Ben Shapiro is different because he uses covert aggression even when he's not angry.

Ray Dalio probably made this mistake against the critic.
He felt the need to address the critic.
But he came across as weak when he didn't express what he felt directly.

One Reason Why Donald Trump Beat Hillary Clinton Because He Seemed More Open

I think Hillary Clinton often expressed her frustration indirectly.
Her indirectness sometimes comes across as more sneaky.

Whereas people think that Donald Trump is more honest even though he uses direct aggression a lot.

Lucio Buffalmano, Sa’ad and Mitch White have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoSa’adMitch White
Processing...