Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Crowdsourcing some interactive training

Hi @Lucio

The ONLY problem I have with TPM is the lack of interactivity.  I'm a paint by numbers guy.  Give me enough practice and my brain starts ad libbing but without that jumpstart nothing happens.  People who have that natural improv and feel probably don't need this website. Problem of course is that this kind of interactive content is slow and expensive to make and review

For my own learning I've been looking at Narakeet as a potential solution

I ve played with narakeet enough to prove this idea is feasible.   Narakeet makes  spoken videos from simple instructions you add to the notes section in powerpoint.

I've emailed you (connect@tpm) my first script and the output video.  Just a rough skeleton should be enough to get the idea

now I am going to make my own role plays anyway.  I thought if people were interested potentially this might be a useful side project for the website

we already have the material on the forum. The great thing about that is as long as we stick to lucio's  answers or answers he's endorsed then we don't really need to moderate the content much. The tech seems easy to use.  We're all good at getting things done on a zoom now.

Even if we only get 2 or 3 takers who commit to making 1 role play every 2 weeks - 6 months later we'll have a bit of content.

It will produce content that could be beta then into PU.  And it would drive engagement with the website community.

The WIIFM for the content producers could be they get access to all the role plays for a time before the feature goes public (which naturally would take a while anyway).

Anyway most of us are fail fast guys.   Any interest and if so what are the potential blockers.

Cheers

T

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Hey T.,

Haven't looked at the vid yet because I want to give proper attention rather than the few minutes I'm sparing these days for the forum.

Going to do so soon though, and at the conceptual level it for sure sounds super interesting.

Would you be OK if I also put the video on YouTube -in private mode- and post it here?

Maybe some more feedback could also be helpful.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Happy for it to be posted.    It's not structured as a proper training yet.  I ve only got time on weekends right now so another week and it will be.

I thought the key to this working was keeping the time to make a role play low.   We could do that that if we could make lots of lofi mico case studies and chunk them up.

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Hello Kevin,

I think it's definitely a cool idea, and if one can make the case studies with options, where people can choose a different course of action, those can come out as engaging learning tools.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, let us know.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Hi Kevin & Lucio,

Thanks a lot for sharing this.
I find it to be a potentially very value-adding idea.

Typeform

Typeform came to mind though it is not free.
There is a template to create interactive fiction though I have not personally tried it out before.

Inklewriter

There is inklewriter as well.
This is an example though it's not in https so your browser may flag it as insecure.

This is how you can add options and branch out:

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Processing...