Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dream body: how to get it?

Hello guys,

I'm working on developing my dream body. I underestimated the value of having a strong and well-defined body in the past, thinking that women are looking more for "character" and don't care about the body. That being said, I'm looking to develop a body similar as this one (Paulo Costa from UFC), here is a video:

I have 2 questions for you:

1. Regarding number of reps/sets, do you guys think he trained more in the 4x6 reps range, in the 3x10 reps range or 5x5 reps range? I am training in the 4x6 reps range.
  2. To get a flat chest, I think the best exercise is inclined bench press. Do you guys agree? Any advice for flat chest apart from losing fat?

Thanks!

I think @kellvo trains hard, not sure if he's still around.

To maximize looks for SMV, I think Costa's physique is perfect, since arms are more important than abs. And once shirts are off, chances are that it's already looking good for you.

Also, once you're already having sex, love and hormones lead many women to like your body anyway, as well as to over-estimate how good your body actually is (got a couple of crazy stories about that).

Can't advise much on reps/sets for next level muscle mass, but a cheap trick: get a very fit shirt, or spandex mixed shirts, which will make even modest muscles visible.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Also, once you're already having sex, love and hormones lead many women to like your body anyway, as well as to over-estimate how good your body actually is (got a couple of crazy stories about that).

True!

I eat an animal based diet with a lot of cholesterol, saturated fat and organ meats, my muscles are growing while doing 0 exercise (not recommended to be that sedentary, lol) and I weight 20 pound more but with a nice waist so the weight is not belly fat (I only eat in a 4 hour window every day)... I am not to strict with anything right now

egg yolk do have testosterone, no idea if we absorb it, sometimes I eat 12 egg yolks, I do feel they are anabolic...

flies also seem to be very good for chest muscle development and dont sub estimate push ups, in some aspects they are superior to bench press

we need more male clothes like this to tantalize women and gay man, and unleash the power of male body eroticism ๐Ÿ™‚

rep range becomes more relevant when you are close to your genetic potential (very advanced) and with extremely hard to reach goals.

for a sexy male body the best rep range is actually the one that makes you happier and in that way makes you keep applying progressive overload.

there are also benefits of rep range cycling, of not always doing the same amount, and the rep range can also be different according to the excersise and/or other fitness factors (20 reps or bicep curls may be doable, 20 reps of squats will fry many people)

this article is a nice start, but hypertrophy can prove to be a very complex and vast science, if I had expended the time I have expended reading about hypertrophy doing squats and push ups, I would look like a greek statue at least.