Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ehlo ehlo

Hi All from downunder

I'm Kevin from Australia.  Hope everybody's still finding ways to have fun and stay safe in these strange times.

Last couple of jobs I basically ran away after being taken down by some skilled win/lose types.  So that's my initial focus and then I'll branch into networking and improving social circle.  Got over 200 LinkedIn connections so not a recluse but definitely need to do better.

Dating life is over I hope - have a wonderful feminine partner of 5 years.  We both are quiet types who enjoy learning and growing.  No 'dread game' required so far

Another 'recovering' nice guy.  In my 50s so maybe some would think too late play the cards you've got.  I have a friend on another red pill forum who started being what he calls 'a social guy' (I think maybe here we'd say empowered) at 53 so if he can....

Here for learning, supporting others and as much brutal feedback on my 'challenge areas' as I can gather.

Lucio Buffalmano, Kellvo and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKellvoMatthew WhitewoodStef

Welcome Kevin! I'm pretty new here too, but there are a ton of great resources in the power university course. I'm in a similar situation... in my mid-40s, so it's not just younger men here 🙂 ... I'm working on my professional life, dating (having come out of a long-term relationship about a year again, I'm ready to get back out there), and also widening my social circle... looking forward to sharing in your journey!

Lucas

Lucio Buffalmano, Matthew Whitewood and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew WhitewoodTransitionedselffriend

Welcome, Kevin! Good to see you here.

Matthew Whitewood, Stef and Transitioned have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodStefTransitioned
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Hey Kevin! Sounds like you achieved a lot already. And don't worry about running away, we all got our weaknesses (I can be a bit stubborn and destructive myself), all that matters is that we're working on them. I did a lot of work on losing weight and gaining muscle, learning power dynamics to counter them and just overall getting out there and meeting people. The cool thing is becoming more empowered by learning how people work expands to every aspect of your life - you feel more confident, safe and strong, which spurs on further growth. Keep going, and enjoy the process!

Matthew Whitewood and Transitioned have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodTransitioned

Well its funny on a fairly (in)famous red pill site I shared a lot of dating advice and I've got a couple of marriages I reckon I contributed to.  Both those guys are happy and have bubs now.  No I'm not hanging our my shingle - Lucio is THE BOSS here.  So you'd think it would be easy for me but I seem to constantly default to nice guy mode at work....doh!  I have that male failing that I want to get stuff done for the company.  Not a highly regarded attribute in Australia.

@ZenDancer  thanks - glad to see I'm not the only silver tip here 🙂  Her loss - you'll be much happier and wiser next time round.

Kellvo - thanks - we always said start with building a masculine bod and from what I've seen here still holds.  So big ups on that its not just the work...disciplined sleep...clean eating etc. great doings bro.

Matthew Whitewood and selffriend have reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewoodselffriend

Just upgraded my account.  Appreciation for Lucio's great work and the safe hangout environment he's provided.  Wish I had time to read the articles :-O

Mind you in a bit of a crucial confrontation at work currently so it might be a case of be careful what you wish for......

Hi Transitioned. I would be more than happy to learn from your dating advices. Any keywords so I can find them?

I probably shared some similar career path as yours: hunted down by some skilled win-lose game players.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Whitewood and Transitioned have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodTransitioned

TBH Selfriend I think Lucio has had happy times with more women than I've had hot dinners.  I'd say sign up for seduction university and keep asking on the dating.  The ebook Practical female psychology for the practical man always resonated with me.  Although it was an improved rip-off of bonecracker's material but hey everything has a foundation.  Lucio does a review of that with as usual some suggested improvements so to me that is well worth 15 minutes of your life.

To give an example I used to use agree and amplify a lot to  deflect dating drama.  You know - 'you're always late!'

'You're totally right.  I was born late, I'm late today and I hope to be very late for my own funeral one day'  I feel like Chinese but I could also go Mexican.  What do you think?'

Lucio said its still staying in their frame  and gave some alternatives.  So I defer to the master.

Also I'm in my 50s and basically wifed up.  The very negative IMO changes I'm seeing in the west at work are definitely at play in the personal social arenas.  Its a new world out there and I'm behind the times.

One thing I have heard from my friends is that hinge is one of the better apps.  And if you are on the apps keep deleting accounts and re-joining.  You get an algorithmn boost.  And keep changing your profile - delete a picture one week and add it again the next.  And I would say overall that the match group sites (tinder, POF, OKC) aren't exactly pro-men.  Asking if POF is better than OKC is asking which rigged card game you should join.

BTW I've taken your advice on adding a personal thank you note when accepting manager invitations.  Thanks so much 🙂   Every little thing helps.

Quote from Transitioned on April 24, 2021, 6:49 am

TBH Selfriend I think Lucio has had happy times with more women than I've had hot dinners.  I'd say sign up for seduction university and keep asking on the dating.  The ebook Practical female psychology for the practical man always resonated with me.  Although it was an improved rip-off of bonecracker's material but hey everything has a foundation.  Lucio does a review of that with as usual some suggested improvements so to me that is well worth 15 minutes of your life.

To give an example I used to use agree and amplify a lot to  deflect dating drama.  You know - 'you're always late!'

'You're totally right.  I was born late, I'm late today and I hope to be very late for my own funeral one day'  I feel like Chinese but I could also go Mexican.  What do you think?'

Lucio said its still staying in their frame  and gave some alternatives.  So I defer to the master.

Also I'm in my 50s and basically wifed up.  The very negative IMO changes I'm seeing in the west at work are definitely at play in the personal social arenas.  Its a new world out there and I'm behind the times.

One thing I have heard from my friends is that hinge is one of the better apps.  And if you are on the apps keep deleting accounts and re-joining.  You get an algorithmn boost.  And keep changing your profile - delete a picture one week and add it again the next.  And I would say overall that the match group sites (tinder, POF, OKC) aren't exactly pro-men.  Asking if POF is better than OKC is asking which rigged card game you should join.

BTW I've taken your advice on adding a personal thank you note when accepting manager invitations.  Thanks so much ?   Every little thing helps.

I am honored that you did find my small advices help! Thank you again for sharing your deep thoughts, Transitioned. Of course I will learn more from TPM.

And please don't be humble here. From your writing I can tell that you are also a successful person, probably not less than anyone else.

I am also interested in the red-pill forum you mentioned. May I have a chance to learn?

Transitioned has reacted to this post.
Transitioned

NP drop me an email autumnscribe@gmail.com

Only disclaimer is I think learning wise you re exactly at the right place here. Most forums are a sea of opposing views without unifying principles.

If you just want a bit of a men's shed to hangout then some of the other forums cater for that.

selffriend has reacted to this post.
selffriend
Processing...