Former Community – We Moved
🆕 Coached community here, for posts & feedback public community here.
Gender ratio in Europe: Map 2008
Quote from John Freeman on July 29, 2020, 5:41 pmHello,
studying the module on Dating in PU, I looked for a map of gender ratio. I found other in the past, but this is the best I found so far. It is a bit outdated, but shows a very interesting trend: women are often in excess in capital cities. This might also explain why casual sex is more often found in capital cities. I ask a lot of questions so this is a modest contribution to the forum. Any comments welcome. Or any other map to cross-reference this one.
Gender imbalances in european regions. Source: European Union
Hello,
studying the module on Dating in PU, I looked for a map of gender ratio. I found other in the past, but this is the best I found so far. It is a bit outdated, but shows a very interesting trend: women are often in excess in capital cities. This might also explain why casual sex is more often found in capital cities. I ask a lot of questions so this is a modest contribution to the forum. Any comments welcome. Or any other map to cross-reference this one.
Gender imbalances in european regions. Source: European Union

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on July 30, 2020, 7:25 amThank you for sharing, John!
The ration split is huge, indeed.
There was a paper analyzing migratory movements from urban areas to cities, I think it was called "Sex and The City" actually, and there were indeed more women going from rural areas to cities. The researchers said it was women looking for higher status men, and it was especially attractive women.
It's been my experience indeed that in cities you just see more attractive women -and people in general-.
Also because people in the cities, on average, take better care of themselves. Urban folks are, on average, more driven than rural folks, too.This is important, it has major consequences for people and dating power dynamics.
I talk about it too, either in the female lessons for women in PU, or in Dating Power Dynamics, where I suggest to women that moving to the countryside will increase their dating power and option.
People in the countryside also get married more, and earlier, which makes it a better environment for those looking for longer-term relationship.I haven't seen any data, but I'd also be willing to bet that people in the countryside are, on average, more faithful, and you see more cheating in the cities.
Thank you for sharing, John!
The ration split is huge, indeed.
There was a paper analyzing migratory movements from urban areas to cities, I think it was called "Sex and The City" actually, and there were indeed more women going from rural areas to cities. The researchers said it was women looking for higher status men, and it was especially attractive women.
It's been my experience indeed that in cities you just see more attractive women -and people in general-.
Also because people in the cities, on average, take better care of themselves. Urban folks are, on average, more driven than rural folks, too.
This is important, it has major consequences for people and dating power dynamics.
I talk about it too, either in the female lessons for women in PU, or in Dating Power Dynamics, where I suggest to women that moving to the countryside will increase their dating power and option.
People in the countryside also get married more, and earlier, which makes it a better environment for those looking for longer-term relationship.
I haven't seen any data, but I'd also be willing to bet that people in the countryside are, on average, more faithful, and you see more cheating in the cities.
Quote from John Freeman on July 30, 2020, 9:46 amI haven't seen any data, but I'd also be willing to bet that people in the countryside are, on average, more faithful, and you see more cheating in the cities.
I would believe so.
If you like this kind of data, there is this Wikipedia entry about promiscuity. Here are a few relevant extracts in my opinion:
I haven't seen any data, but I'd also be willing to bet that people in the countryside are, on average, more faithful, and you see more cheating in the cities.
I would believe so.
If you like this kind of data, there is this Wikipedia entry about promiscuity. Here are a few relevant extracts in my opinion:
