Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumWelcome!: Start HereIntroduce YourselfHi
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hi

I am Anantha Sai Ram, the youngest principal product manager in one of the big tech firms. I have learnt to be socially adept, able to navigate power dynamics mostly from traditional literature (Chanakya neeti, Machiavelli's Prince, Art of war etc.,) but as I enter in to circles with highly experienced (a.k.a extremely political) people, I quickly realized what got me here (my 'tech' ability and not fully developed strategic sense) will not be able to carry me forward, on to my goals.

I stumbled up on Lucio's Youtube channel and found the advice interesting, implemented it with good results. It got me curious and here I am, looking forward to learn and be more adept at power dynamics.

Lucio Buffalmano, Ali Scarlett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli ScarlettJohn FreemanAlexleaderoffun

Welcome Anantha!

It seems to me like you've got already a growth mindset and much self-awareness (plus some great strategic thinking as well).

You'll find PU it's a whole next level compared to YouTube videos, and especially for what you're looking for.

If you want to share case studies and work situations you stumble upon along the way I'll be happy to read, weigh-in when possible, and learn together with the rest.

P.S.:
Have you thought about the use of your real name for the forum?
I'm personally happy if more people decide to use their full names, but it's a consideration you may want to think about.

Anantha Sairam has reacted to this post.
Anantha Sairam
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Hi Lucio,

Happy to have found Power University and I am pleasantly surprised at how interactive/responsive you are. One of these days I gotta learn how you manage time, especially, energy for everything.

I'd be glad to share case studies/work situations and get your opinion (and that of other learners).  I suppose starting a journal on forum will be good to track that. Also, I want everyone to believe that's my real name(or is it? 😉 )

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Anantha Sairam on April 20, 2022, 7:28 am
(...)

Also, I want everyone to believe that's my real name(or is it? 😉 )

Now that's a proper power play 😀

Jokes aside, to complement that first post, I guess you don't skyrocket upward to being the youngest product manager in a major corporation without adding a ton of value and having great personal qualities, so kudos to that :).

Speak around the forum!

Anantha Sairam has reacted to this post.
Anantha Sairam
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Welcome! 🙂

Lucio Buffalmano and Anantha Sairam have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAnantha Sairam

Looking forward to having interesting conversations John.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Welcome Anantha!

From what I know, all corps can be very political but bigTech specially so. You are in the right place to learn how to survive and thrive. Go through PU as fast as you can, and pay attention to every interaction in the company. You are really lucky you found PU! I have friends in bigTech and the all hate how politics dominate every move.

Lucio Buffalmano and Anantha Sairam have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAnantha Sairam

Certainly leaderoffun. I look forward to having interesting interactions with the community.

Processing...