Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How To Talk To Anybody by Ramit Sethi: Summmary & Review

Thank you, Ali!

I will update the reviews page.

By the way, I think Rami pulled the course (and maybe made some free guide out of it).

When Googling "how to talk to anybody ramit" your review comes up first (and below it, a free resource from Ramit):

I had noticed that not long after you posted your review here, which made me think the two things might be connected.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

That's interesting, Lucio, thanks for sharing.

I had no idea Ramit had (possibly) remade the course into a free guide.

In Earnable, I think Ramit had mentioned something about his product team doing continuous customer research on his products to evaluate how they might be able to improve. So, there's a chance they came across the review here and decided it'd be better suited as a free resource.

That said, I didn't want to devalue Ramit's course in my review by saying it would be better as a free guide. (And, I'm not yet fully convinced that it would be.) But, I do think that as far as free resources go, it would be very helpful for the beginners out there.

OFF-TOPIC

This also leads me to wonder...maybe TPM can take the top-performing articles in each of its core categories and give them away "packaged" (in PDF format) as free guides:

• Social Skills Free Guide
  • Career Strategies Free Guide
  • Dating for Women Free Guide
  • Dating for Men Free Guide

And, those free guides could also include the top-performing forum threads for those categories as well.

*Note: Helps readers avoid the paradox of choice in choosing what to read by grouping the articles and threads together. Also makes the list of articles and threads look more attractive due to the mere categorization effect.

OFF-TOPIC

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

New and updated reviews added.

The way I see it, you've provided Ramit and his business a lot of value with the review. Might have been packaged with some "tough love", but still a great opportunity to ditch an OK but not great product, and maybe do something better down the line.

OFF-TOPIC

Yeah, I think those PDFs or "mega-resources" would work great either as give-away or as high-ranking resources for high-search queries.

Maybe in the future, for the moment I'm still going more for expanding power dynamics and organizing information. The pages under "blog" seek to organize information as effectively, albeit they're not nearly as stylish.

OFF-TOPIC

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...