Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Infographics: sharing, previews, & feedack

Glad you think so man, it took me about five minutes to whip up.

Roughly two minutes figuring out how exactly I wanted the chain to look and three minutes in the actual design process. So, if the high-resolution infographic is the same size (dimensions) as the one I already did, it'll take me about three minutes or so.

If you want to email me that file or post it here, I'd be happy to take care of it for you—I already identified the "look" so it won't be too high-effort to repeat the process if that's what you're concerned about, Lucio :).

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Awesome, shared the PSD with you on Dropbox -or might simply attach it to an email if it's better for you-.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Cool, I got it, but the one you sent me doesn't have the green bags edit that you made. So, I can do the chain on that one, but you'd have to redo the bags (unless you have another file you want to send).

To keep this thread clean, I want to move this conversation over email.

Is that OK?

Sent this one to the designer:

Curious to see what comes out of it.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

Cover your ass while making friends & allies brings this to mind:

Inspired by a comic of Stalin shaking hand with Hitler during World War II period:

One of the peace agreements in history that both sides knew either would break anytime.

I think it's a bit extreme though.
Because of the time, you don't want to be aggressive or violent even when the other person defects.
A fair settlement is what you want.

Although defending yourself with power is always useful.
Sometimes people become manipulative and aggressive at the end of collaborative relationships.

First draft:

Much better I think.

Except for the "start and finish", which I don't think fit the meaning well.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

I think maybe joining the start and finish to make the diagram a circle could be better.

So it seems that you are constantly finding

• win-win angles,
  • aligning interests,
  • using collaborative frames,
  • avoiding takers,
  • make friends & allies, and
  • covering your ass

Then you rinse & repeat with the same person or team.

Lucio Buffalmano

Looks cool, but I'm not quite sure what the goal is for this one yet.

This doesn't seem to communicate the information any more effectively (which I thought was the goal), but it does take the same information and make it look cleaner.

So, right now, I'm with Matthew on this one:

Quote from Matthew Whitewood on July 29, 2021, 5:11 pm

I think maybe joining the start and finish to make the diagram a circle could be better.

And, I agree because this information doesn't feel like a step-by-step process. It feels more like a collection of strategies—each of which could be used on its own and still be effective for life and business.

Unfortunately, the "snake-format" makes it seem like a step-by-step process. And, that puts a cap on the infographic's versatility (i.e. feeling like this infographic isn't applicable to situations where we can't follow every step in order).

So, in a case like this one, it might be better to simply make the infographic into a list format:

I think a format like this reflects the adaptability of the strategies more (maybe the designer can gather a better understanding from here and make something far better).

Plus, the images further communicate each strategy for the more "visual" types (e.g. the brain represents the enlightened collaborator mindset).

P.S.:

This infographic is only for communicating / illustrating the general idea because, for me, graphic design formatting can be tricky to explain without a concrete example.

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you so much guys, super helpful!

Final version:

Thank you Ali and Matthew, all thanks to you.

Ali Scarlett and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettMatthew Whitewood
Processing...