Please or Register to create posts and topics.

introducing myself

Hi my name is Valentin

I'm 16 years old and from Amsterdam. I find psychology very interesting. I'm already familiar with a lot of the concepts on this site. I know I'm young but the younger the better. Can't really remember how I got on this site but it's crazy how much information is available here. The internet is full of self-help courses, I read a lot of them. But I also stumbled upon some darker psychology, NLP stuff you know. What do you guys think of this kind of teaching?

Right now, I am in a position in my life where I don't really know what I want... In a couple of months, I will turn 17 and have to decide if I want to go to college or not. But I just really don't know what to do.

What advice would you give a guy like me? What courses do you recommend?

Greetings Valentin

Welcome, Valentin!
Quote from Valentin2 on November 13, 2020, 2:40 pm

But I also stumbled upon some darker psychology, NLP stuff you know. What do you guys think of this kind of teaching?

That's quite a deep question, and touches on both effectiveness in life, and being a value-adding person -which sometimes comes at some cost-.

So I will answer that later on a new topic.

On not knowing what to do: it's normal man, don't worry too much about it.

Many authors argue that having to choose what to do with one's life as a teenager is one of our society's mistake, and I partially agree.
But if you look at what you enjoyed the most in high school in terms of subjects, that's a good indicator of what you will enjoy doing more of as you go forward.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Here's the slightly longer answer on NLP / dark psychology / manipulation:

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?