Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Assessing people's values: what they find funny tells you a lot about them (Neil Patel example)

What people laugh about and find funny -or not funny- tells you a lot about their ethical and value makeup.

As an example:

Neil Patel: It was funny. I met this guy once who is selling this anti-aging cream and he was crushing it on Facebook, making 4 millions a month. You know what he did? He went to Costco and filled up Neutrogena cream in his bottles (laughs). He's like "I gotta pay my Ferrari bills". It's sad, but it's kinda funny at the same time (face and expression says nothing about "sad" and all about "this is awesome)

This guy is the same we used as an example on marketing manipulation.
He came across as sleazy as hell with his marketing.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

I feel that Neil Patel may be better at social media marketing, email marketing and YouTube than search engine optimisation.
But in a sneaky way.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Patel: Japan, they don't believe in refunds. You can have the shitiest product ever, they don't believe in refunds. I should not be telling you guys this, I can see you guys all entering the Japanese market tomorrow

This guy thinks it's funny that people might want to look for places where it's OK to sell shitty products.
A little later he explains in Brazil there is a service for loans that the user must repay in installment payments that forces people to keep on paying.

He finds it funny when people take advantage of others and when people have no willingness or power to back out of a poor deal.

I find it turkey-style mindset.

And little later:

Patel: You're like then you guys don't need to rotate your credit cards processors so you don't get the chargebacks either right. I know you guys do that kind of stuff too right

It feels like he's projecting what he either does, or what he's very gladly like doing.
I don't know him and might be wrong, but I consider these important red flags of a sleazy fuck that you better not fully trust.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...