Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MOOCs to Increase Your Personal Power: Negotiation Strategies and Persuasion

Not at all, Ali, the opposite is true: it was kind and considerate of you to say that.

On my end, it's just some work to prepare card, but that's all there is to it.
And yes, while in person I might not always tell people when they are being rude, I say it straight it here as that's part of learning as well.

I don't always reply as I get caught up sometimes, but you were nothing short of a class act there.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Oh, P.S.: on directness as a learning tool, I recommend "Radical Candor" (but you will see a similar lesson in Social Power as you reach the workplace module).

Kim Scott in there says that people who don't give feedback to others are being selfish and too concerned about being liked, rather than being concerned to help others grow.

Of course, directness is not an excuse to be rude, and must still be delivered respectfully.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks for the feedback!

Perhaps your latter note on giving feedback is also a sign of good self-esteem. It reminds me of your point on "trying hard to please" where people don't say what they think out of fear of offending someone. I like the idea that holding back that constructive feedback is also selfish :).

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the article when it's up.

Congrats,

Ali