Please or Register to create posts and topics.

People Trying To Dominate You Social Ladder Climb by Bullying Or Being Disrespectful

So this is one of my biggest struggles with people. Them being disrespectful in an attempt to raiser there own status either subconsciously or consciously. I have read various ways to respond. One is to just simply ignore the person. Be unreactive and act as though it did not bother you. Agree and amplify. Use a lot self defamatory humor. Be more witty than the other person. Now I have not used any of these extensively  because well I am not calibrated with these techniques yet  and it will come off as so.

My thoughts on them are that all the person has to do is simply keep being aggressive towards you. And I know of people like this. They will just continue to keep making you look bad.

My thoughts are like this.  Most of the people who I deal with are too smart for this and will continue to provoke you to look dumb or will try to sabotage your social status.

I think you have to look and act more socially intelligent so that no one will ever dare because the people looking onward would take sides (your side ). Emphasizing looking cooler. Kinda like a small man would never  try to push around a bodybuilder because that would look ridiculous from the onlookers point of view.

Physical violence often work very well. I used this as a kid very effectively. But you get to a certain age and you start going to jail and the men are getting more aggressive and bigger (nobody can win all fights).

I am not trying to tell anyone that I am right about this topic. I just wanted to open up a discussion about it so that I can see other peoples way of dealing with it and thoughts about what I wrote here. Thank you for your insight  into this very difficult problem with  people.

selffriend has reacted to this post.
selffriend

Hey Jack,

We try to use concrete examples here.

If we have to discuss general approaches, then we'd end up with sociological analysis and a lot of debates that might yes bet interesting, but that wouldn't very practical.

With concrete examples instead, we can drill down and discuss real, concrete strategies and techniques.

However, I make a point on a mindset:

JackGD: Now I have not used any of these extensively  because well I am not calibrated with these techniques yet  and it will come off as so.
My thoughts on them are that all the person has to do is simply keep being aggressive towards you. And I know of people like this. They will just continue to keep making you look bad.

You don't need to be perfect man, and you can give yourself permission to fail.

Fail and learn.

If they "just continue to keep making you look bad", you "continue to thwart their attempts to make you look bad".

Who says that "they" will win in the end?

If you take action, there is at least a 50% chance it will go your way.

And with this website on your corner, my money is on you to come out on top 😉

selffriend
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on April 27, 2021, 4:53 am

Hey Jack,

We try to use concrete examples here.

If we have to discuss general approaches, then we'd end up with sociological analysis and a lot of debates that might yes bet interesting, but that wouldn't very practical.

With concrete examples instead, we can drill down and discuss real, concrete strategies and techniques.

However, I make a point on a mindset:

JackGD: Now I have not used any of these extensively  because well I am not calibrated with these techniques yet  and it will come off as so.

You don't need to be perfect man, and you can give yourself permission to fail.

Fail and learn.

If they "just continue to keep making you look bad", you "continue to thwart their attempts to make you look bad".

Who says that "they" will win in the end?

If you take action, there is at least a 50% chance it will go your way.

And with this website on your corner, my money is on you to come out on top ?

Ok sorry. This is more in my past but  just want to be prepared. (so don't remember exactly how it happened). I will use examples in the future for sure.

selffriend

It's all good, and do keep that note on mindset and general approach in mind: it might the most important keystone piece that allows all other blocs to take you higher.

Edit: plus, you will see several strategies going ahead, including for the ones you mentioned in the beginning.
"agree and amplify", for example, is not ideal.

selffriend and Bryan Johnson have reacted to this post.
selffriendBryan Johnson
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...