Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Positive social climbing. How to Improve your social standing without being creepy?

I'm a fine artist, who's market is wealthy folks who actually buy and collect art.  How can I find ways to meet and develop relationships with folks on a higher social plane than I, without looking really creepy or solicitous?  I don't seek to land a rich client per se, but I know that these folks are more likely to buy my art than the Farmer's Market crowd.   Any suggestions?  Anyone want to buy some art?..... see, that sounds creepy.

Hey John,

Yeah, usually there is much more power in having people ask you, rather than having to pitch.
Of course, that is not always possible, but still something to strive towards.

Otherwise, "how to meet and socialize higher-status folks" is a high-level question that could lead to a book of an answer.

You know your environment best.
How have you been doing it so far, and do you know anyone in your circle who's successful at it?

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from JohnBishopFineArt on November 12, 2020, 11:25 pm

I'm a fine artist, who's market is wealthy folks who actually buy and collect art.  How can I find ways to meet and develop relationships with folks on a higher social plane than I, without looking really creepy or solicitous?  I don't seek to land a rich client per se, but I know that these folks are more likely to buy my art than the Farmer's Market crowd.   Any suggestions?  Anyone want to buy some art?..... see, that sounds creepy.

Could you volunteer at an Art Museum and get involved in the arts community? Networking can improve your social value and build trust with potential buyers. Especially if you deliver added value such as a unique take on art history/the meaning of the pieces themselves.

Lucio Buffalmano and Transitioned have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoTransitioned
Processing...