Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't by Jeffrey Pfeffer

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a little research on networking books I can review for The Clever Connector Blog (TCCB).

And, as I do that research, I'm coming across some books that look like they'd be a better fit for TPM.

This book, Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't, has been called the How To Win Friends and Influence People for navigating corporate America and, from what I've seen, looks to be a book that covers workplace power dynamics and office politics.

I'll likely be dropping some more book recommendations soon. So, if anyone has some feedback that I should create one thread to drop them all in (we can rename this one) or a new thread for each recommendation, happy to read.

Lucio Buffalmano, Matthew Whitewood and leaderoffun have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewoodleaderoffun

Thank you so much, Ali!

Added it to my list.

Might be the very next book I read after "The Disease to Please" I'm reading now -well, to be precise, I paused that to prioritize you know what book :)-.

Ali Scarlett and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettMatthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

This book, Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't, has been called the How To Win Friends and Influence People for navigating corporate America and, from what I've seen, looks to be a book that covers workplace power dynamics and office politics.

Thanks so much for this recommendation!
It seems like a "must-read" to me for anyone interested in power dynamics and networking.

I have enjoyed the book "How To Win Friends and Influence People" so I believe I'll enjoy your book recommendation.
Looking forward to read and also share my thoughts on the book down the road!

Ali Scarlett and leaderoffun have reacted to this post.
Ali Scarlettleaderoffun

Read recommendation, adding it to my pile 🙂

Does anyone know how well do those 'power' books sell? I'm really not sure how much interest there is in the topic of power. Like 'pick up', the topic has a bit of stigma, so if people are reading about it they don't tell, right?

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

... And, read and reviewed it:

I can confirm it's good.

Ali Scarlett has reacted to this post.
Ali Scarlett
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...