Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Question for you: "healthy individualist" OR "empowered individualist" ?

Which one would you pick?
Positive individualist
Enlightened individualist
Healthy individualist

Hey guys,

I'm preparing an article on positive values / life approaches -similar to "enlightened collaborator" and "positive cynicism".

It's about (empowered) individualism.

However, I'm not sure about the name.

Which one do you think sounds better:

• Positive individualist
  • Enlightened individualist
  • Healthy individualist

Or feel free to add any other adjective.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

May I ask that, besides cynicism, individualist, and collaborator, what else do we have?

I voted for "healthy" because the words "positive" and "enlightened" are already in use. So using "healthy" will reduce possible, undesired confusion for new readers. On the other hand, if we choose "positive individualist", new readers might infer that this style is closely linked with the "positive cynicism" and have no link with "enlightened collaborator".

Of course I could be wrong. It is probable that this new style share more similarities with "positive cynicism", and if this is the case, the name can be set accordingly.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on April 6, 2021, 1:58 am

It's about (empowered) individualism.

What about empowered individualist?
Like what you put in brackets.
I think it has a value-adding connotation in the context of a wider community.
It suggests self-actualisation and someone who goes beyond the basic needs to reach full potential in a value-adding manner.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you both Lucius and Matthew!

The only reason why I originally thought of "healthy" was that "individualist" has a negative connotation these days, and wanted to avoid any misunderstanding.
But it does sound ugly indeed, so "healthy" is discarded.

The fact that another term / life approach has a similar name is also not a bad thing.
If anything, it's a good thing.

If we go for "empowered individualist", I might even later change the name of "enlightened collaborator" into "empowered collaborator" to keep a similar naming structure. But we'll see about that.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Quote from selffriend on April 6, 2021, 2:27 am

May I ask that, besides cynicism, individualist, and collaborator, what else do we have?

These are the main ones that need an article on their own -plus updated versions of existing articles such as high-value man/woman-, and will tie together to form a larger bedrock of this website's philosophy / life approach.

I've noticed that quite a few people who approach self-development -and especially power- move too much into cynicism, don't realize the importance of collaboration with others, and fall into "belonging traps" that pitch groups against each other at the detriment of both the potential for collaboration and for personal development based, case in point, on "empowered individualism" -especially with gender, think red pill and feminism, but also patriotism and others-.

That's why they need their own articles.

Then I'll do a list of core values / mindsets / life approaches and list them in an updated "Start Here" section.

People don't need to follow or believe in all those values / life approaches -or any of them- to learn power dynamics and becoming more effective in life, but I believe they are very important to general self-development and being a value-adding leader, so they'll have to be in the "Start Here" section. And then, molded from that, I'll also add one "start here" tailored for the forum.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

I voted for the "enlightened individualist".

If you ask me, TPM is the leader in codifying power dynamics. We are the leaders in fully fleshing out this concept that has been left out of the majority of self-development resources. And, as a result, I feel it's also our responsibility to promote a mindset of soaring with the eagles.

Using the term "enlightened" achieves the encouragement of that self-empowering mindset.

Of course, I'm always open to any feedback you guys have on this.

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Thank you Ali!

Very helpful, now that you mention it, I'm liking the "enlightened" even more.

It sounds deeper, more encompassing, and with larger consequences for mindsets and life -and that fits the concept well-.

Ali Scarlett has reacted to this post.
Ali Scarlett
Processing...