Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Quiz threads in the forum for more learning faster

What do you guys think about this idea?
I see the potential for that idea!
Nah, that's not something that would provide any value.

Hi guys,

I love the quizzes in PU. They're helpful in terms of accelerating my emotional and social intelligence. I also feel that there are a lot of sharp learners here in the forum.

So, what if we opened up a thread where we create our own quizzes for each other?

There are some of you who enjoy sharing videos, strategies, and content. Once a month it could be up to you to decide whether or not you want to share a quiz of your own. Then, at a certain date (say the middle of the month), you could share the answers. To make it even easier to follow, each TPM member who wants to share quizzes could create their own quiz thread the same way we can each have our own journal thread. Last, Lucio could adjust the quizzes accordingly to include them in PU if he feels they're valuable.

So, we learn more by taking your quizzes which raises our quality, Lucio gets more free content to add to PU while doing minimal work for it, and you can have a chance at contributing to PU while also empowering and building up others with the knowledge you've already gained. Best of all, the people who take your quizzes can give feedback right back to you in your thread so you can learn from your own quiz, gaining value in return for the value you provided. Win-win-win.

Now, this seems like it would be another "zombie idea" situation. So, let's have a poll TPM family. What do you guys think?

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Hey Ali,

It's certainly a cool idea.

On the attacking the zombie thing:

• Law of the lid: the quiz will probably follow the "law of the lid", such as, it can only be as good as the current level of the person coming up with the quiz. That means that for an advanced quiz with deep insights, we'll need to wait for advanced guys to do it. If beginners start doing it, they might even give wrong advice

On the plus side, I definitely see the potential for learning, as well for a few of those quizzes to potentially turn out into real value-adding training sessions.

Once there are a few of them, one might even segment them into levels such as "beginner", "intermediate", "advanced", and then turn them into a test to measure one's own level.

These days I'm particularly interested in emotional intelligence as I'm personally starting to think that's the true bedrock of social skills, power dynamics, and social effectiveness.
And some of those quizzes might help in that direction.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...