Community Moving

Official community with Confidence University here and alumni’s Discord here.
👉 Use Google to search this forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Limiting PU access & support to 1 year for long-term viability

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on September 23, 2023, 10:45 am
Quote from Maverick on September 23, 2023, 9:32 am

I'm no expert , perhaps the videos and audios can be replaced with transcripts and screenshots or links (if it is a linkable one) or can be separately uploaded, Quizzes can have the form of questions and answers

(...)

Yeah, perhaps... 🙂

We're in the realm of possibilities and "wouldn't it be cool" now.

And in those terms, I agree with you: sounds great.

Though I'm not a big fan of admiring beautiful castles in the sky that cannot be built on earth.

And if we wanna talk about realistic solutions and actually doing things, it's different.

Hi Lucio,

The way I see it, I know my suggestion is not a possibility, it is a reality, because it doesn't involve anything too technical, but  as you say, your situation on the other side might be totally different.

• Re-enter PU in its original and latest version at alumni's special conditions. The way I see it, if one cannot afford the much-discounted re-entry option, then PU failed for that person because power awareness should also translate into higher income (albeit even here, I agree that exceptions always apply of course)

This point  made me smile, because it serves as reminder to why PU is needed in the first place.

I will try out the options to download it sometime later, as I do not have the time to do it right away, PU indeed is valuable to have access

Mav

Hi Lucio,

I was rather taken aback, when I decided to get myself back into PU after some further turbulent air on my journey through life, only to find there was expiration banner coming up.

I did vaguely remember at one point coming across your initial "thinking about doing this" post, but didn't pay enough notice to it at the time, clearly. Life got in the way.

As an old-time subscriber, on reaching out to the support team, I did get a 6 months extension in less than half an hour - so very thankful for the quick turn around.

I completely understand your decision, the reasons behind it. I think most points have already been covered. It's a sound business decision and you're absolutely right to be making it. At the same time it certainly feels on some levels as an L for the early supporters. It being a re-negotiation of the terms of the initial agreement is absolutely fair enough considering your views data you shared in the first post.

At the same time, it does feel unilateral, so I do agree with a few commenters that the communication around the decision could have been a bit better. I'm very keen on a snapshot in time/download availability. I have kept all of my university notes safely stored away for whenever I need to refer back to them.
There is a concern on piracy here and the outdated-ness of the content for sure - and I appreciate both these points here. There is also the technical element and 'worthwhileness' of making it available to the old clients in an offline format.

I would recommend considering the idea of the subscription model further. It sounds like a good step. At the same time, the thought of Power Uni becoming an elite club with few being able to access it, doesn't quite feel right as far as the values and mindsets that are aimed to be instilled here. This is starting to head a bit off-topic though.

On the other hand, the time limit is certainly an incentive to properly go through the course (first, second or nth time around).

In summary - delighted to have access back, consider your work very valuable and don't want to loose access to it. The time limit is driving me intrinsically harder to get through the course properly. Adjusting terms/business models could have used better comms. Happy to discuss the business model decision and future plans/terms if that's of help.

Keep up the great work! Hope that re-balancing the business model is going well. (Saw a couple of your Instagram reels pop up!)

JLes

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Hello Jles,

Thank you so much for such a balanced and, shall I say, also very empathic take -not in the sense of "good", but in the literal sense of empathy to also look at it from my/TPM's side-.

I wanted to comment on this:

Quote from J Les on October 5, 2023, 1:27 pm

I would recommend considering the idea of the subscription model further. It sounds like a good step. At the same time, the thought of Power Uni becoming an elite club with few being able to access it, doesn't quite feel right as far as the values and mindsets that are aimed to be instilled here. This is starting to head a bit off-topic though.

Interesting take, it made me think.

The price increases in the past may inded have changed the customer base.

I think it's no coincidence that, it seems to me, the people who misbehaved and over-reacted the most (and, in my biased eyes, in some isolated instances even came across like bitches throwing toys out of the pram) were in large part the early ones who entered at a much lower price.

So in that sense, is "more elite" bad?

Pros and cons, I think.

On the pro side, fewer problematic customers and less "bitch behavior" from some clients who'd go on to buy some courses called "make her beg for you with these simple 3 texts".

"More elite" is also good for networking since future communities will network with people who are already doing well in life and who already have a win-win, add-value mindset.

I also see a major downsides though.

One is that TPM also wants to be on the side of the underdogs and those who are starting or going through tough times.
So, yeah, in that sense, I also want to make it more easily available for that cohort.

And the other one is that TPM wants to make this knowledge as widespread as possible beucase it believes it's good for the world.

In that sense, it shouldn't be elite.

But maybe the free content already helps with that?

Food for thought, thank you for raising this issue!

IS "ELITE" BASED ON PRICE OR LENGTH OF ACCESS?

Finally, I'm not sure this move makes it more elite.

I think it's more the price entry that makes it more or less "elite".

The price entry is still the same.

Even in the future, there is no plan to cut off older alumni from the community, whether they choose to re-join PU or not.

Finally, the re-entry will be at much lower price than the original.

So, yeah, I'm not sure this move makes it any more "elite" (but I may be wrong).

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Community, new content and Confidence University moved here.

I know from the dashboard when the power moves course expires, but the seduction course doesn't have an expiring term. Why  is this? Is the seduction course for life, while the power move course is not?

Hello Ambrose,

The long-term considerations for SU are the same as for PU.

However, PU had to move first because it was more urgent.
SU is not nearly as resource-demanding for support at the moment (smaller customer base because it's newer, maybe people have less need to get back to it because it's smaller at this moment, and maybe something else that I haven't thought of).

But since the long-term considerations are exactly the same and the customer base will also grow over time, I think the same move will be necessary for SU.
I don't have any timeline in mind at the moment.

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on October 7, 2023, 11:57 am

Hello Ambrose,

The long-term considerations for SU are the same as for PU.

However, PU had to move first because it was more urgent.

But since the long-term considerations are exactly the same and the customer base will also grow over time, I think the same move will be necessary for SU.
I don't have any timeline in mind at the moment.

Therefore, it would be wise to focus on the power moves course, as it is a lot bigger. One year probably won't be enough with everything else I have on my plate now.

Speaking honestly, this whole thing comes off as just a money grab. And the way you're defending it comes off as manipulative because the majority of us do not see it as beneficial for us. It's not win-win at all. As the consumers, simply putting it; we've been lied to AND we're losing money.

Your point on money being the motivation to continue improving is countered by just staying updated and building a prestigious brand so more customers can buy in. Being updated to stay competitive is what business is. That's how businesses stay afloat. There's a constant growing generation, with kids becoming older and recognizing the need. There will ALWAYS be more and more people willing to buy.

I know you won't gain anything from being direct and saying that it was completely a money decision. But it is. You lied to us about the lifetime guarantee, and that's taking a LOT from us.

Now I won't lie and say it's not good for you. I'm not one to try and manipulate someone to not prioritizing money first; it's a great business model for long-term success. It's completely good for you. It just sucks for us. Really badly. It's win-lose, no matter what light you put on it.

I feel disrespected, but I that's life. I appreciate the information you've provided us Lucio.

Lucio Buffalmano and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoDeleted user

Hello rlurtz,

I disagree and I believe the first and subsequent messages in this same thread show differently.

I don't like at all those accusations, but I respect your right to be angry and feel disrespected.
And I do see how, unluckily, this decision makes both of those feelings very valid and "fair".

I could reply to some of these points, but to be honest it doesn't sound like the type of message that's seeking much of a dialogue.
So it feels to me that sharing more thoughts would add no value to you, and lead to little value-adding dialogue for either of us. And at a more personal level, it feels like I'd just open myself up to more "punching bag time" -and that's no fun-.

So I'll just skip to this one:

Thank you for the final thank you and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If you ever wish to enjoy the extension time, just write support and you'll get it ASAP.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on October 7, 2023, 7:34 pm

Hello rlurtz,

I disagree and I believe the first and subsequent messages in this same thread show differently.

I don't like at all those accusations, but I respect your right to be angry and feel disrespected.
And I do see how, unluckily, this decision makes both of those feelings very valid and "fair".

I could reply to some of these points, but to be honest it doesn't sound like the type of message that's seeking much of a dialogue.
So it feels to me that sharing more thoughts would add no value to you, and lead to little value-adding dialogue for either of us. And at a more personal level, it feels like I'd just open myself up to more "punching bag time" -and that's no fun-.

So I'll just skip to this one:

Thank you for the final thank you and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If you ever wish to enjoy the extension time, just write support and you'll get it ASAP.

This all reply here is gold, if we're talking about saving another's face while denying his accusations and stopping further dialogue. Not that rlurtz is wrong, I actually felt similarly when I got the news and it seems unfair for me to having paid that sum for the course, while other people will have access to all of it for a lot less, though for a shorter time.

Lucio Buffalmano and John Freeman have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoJohn Freeman

Hi Lucio, I've had some time to introspect about this and I think the content really speaks for itself in terms of value added to peoples lives and I'm not working behind the scenes so I don't know the long term cost of this project. From my personal experience I can say it's really insightful and if I think back to 2021 when I first read through the course, when I first spoke to my friends about it, I lacked the fundamental beliefs necessary for the strategies and techniques to show through, specifically I was a people pleaser and so they weren't that influenced. Even when I read your article on doormats I didn't relate that to myself until I saw this 10 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuW7NlMqxo on doormats being about controlling others reactions and my life made so much sense and i'm now finally feeling the effects of the course. I have three general suggestions: that you could collaborate with other content creators - its a social world and it would be a shame if people couldn't improve themselves due to lack of awareness of this course, it would also be interesting to watch you coach people live which I know you've done in the past on your youtube or have people to bounce ideas off; that you make extensions of the course not the same price as buying the course;  I also think a more accessible course on foundational beliefs building off your empowerment book could help transition users to your course effectively and reduce the amount of time needed to incorporate the concepts. All the best.

Lucio Buffalmano, Ali Scarlett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli ScarlettJohn FreemanKavalier
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

Processing...
Scroll to Top