Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Voice of stupid people

Hello guys,

I know this might sound like over-interpretation. However, I noticed after having made the mistake many times: stupid people have stupid voices. I'm sorry to say but especially women. Or at least, I'm better able to recognize them than me. I'm also working with more women than men. In the past, when I was hearing this kind of voice, I though: "Oh, don't be prejudiced, give the person a chance". And I made the mistake over and over and over again to trust stupid people who had a stupid voice in the first place. I don't make the same mistake again.

I could not find a good example on Youtube of this kind of voice. What I mean is a high-pitched voice coming from the nose and these women will always complain. In the first place, we could mistake their criticism with a sign of intelligence, but it is not. It just means: "I want more for ME".

@lucio: I'm thinking about a stupid nurse who does not want to get the Covid vaccine and rationalizes it.

Any similar experience?

Stef has reacted to this post.
Stef

I'm going to comment specifically on the voice.

Certain tonalities convey guilt-tripping and a covert judge role.
This tonality can be found more often in people with less assertive attitudes.
Less assertive attitudes tend to bring about value-taking behaviour like complaining.

In the first place, we could mistake their criticism with a sign of intelligence, but it is not. It just means: "I want more for ME".

An unfortunate case of the Dunning–Kruger effect.
People who know less think they know more.
People who actually know more think they know less.

One way is to give them more rope to expose their ignorance by asking questions.
Same technique as counter-acting ignorance and the Power Move of "But I'm not an expert".
"But I'm not a doctor" covert power move

Stef

I'm thinking about a stupid nurse who does not want to get the Covid vaccine and rationalizes

well given that the USA government with the colaboration of health authorities and local politicians inyected syphilis and other deadly disease in Guatemala for fun a couple of years ago (and even worse they promote plant based slave diets), I will not think all anti-vaxers are stupid people. (that nurse may be stupid for other reasons surely)

I even know some flat-earth believers that seems to be smarter than most other people.

In my case I practice radical empiricism meaning I only believe 100% what I could test by myself. So I would have to fabric my own vaccine and experiment on human beings...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala_syphilis_experiments

Beginning in 1946, the United States government immorally and unethically—and, arguably, illegally—engaged in research experiments in which more than 5000 uninformed and unconsenting Guatemalan people were intentionally infected with bacteria that cause sexually transmitted diseases. Many have been left untreated to the present day.

Although US President Barack Obama apologized in 2010, and although the US Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues found the Guatemalan experiments morally wrong, little if anything has been done to compensate the victims and their families.

In 2019 they killed my grandma with lung toxic psychiatric drugs... A lot of drugs mess with the lungs including many antibiotics used to treat lung disease (what a surprise).

https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(16)35811-1/fulltext

I will not think all anti-vaxers are stupid people.

Who said that?

This "all anti-vaxers are stupid people" you John did not say it, some people seems to thinks like that, for those I made my comment just in case some of them read the threat.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

John: However, I noticed after having made the mistake many times: stupid people have stupid voices. I'm sorry to say but especially women.

Certainly possible there is a link between voice, intelligence, and general approaches to life.

For the latter, think for example of the exaggerated surprise intonation of someone saying "oh my God, have you heard what Julie did to Brian???", with an intonation as if the world depended on it.
And when you hear it, you realize that person won't go far in life because all her (or his) efforts go into commenting and gossiping on other people's lives, instead of working on her own.

Also, some women might overdo the "I'm naive" voice on purpose, to send those "naive / exploitable" signals that some men love so much.

Family Guy pokes fun at the link between voice / low IQ women:

John: I could not find a good example on Youtube of this kind of voice.

Ahaha you had me laughing here, I was reading the message thinking to myself "would love hearing an example, I want to hear an example", and then this one hit 😀

Stef
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

John: I could not find a good example on Youtube of this kind of voice.

Ahaha you had me laughing here, I was reading the message thinking to myself "would love hearing an example, I want to hear an example", and then this one hit 😀

Wow, that was hilarious! 😀

Got to love the satire in Family Guy.

For the latter, think for example of the exaggerated surprise intonation of someone saying "oh my God, have you heard what Julie did to Brian???", with an intonation as if the world depended on it.
And when you hear it, you realize that person won't go far in life because all her (or his) efforts go into commenting and gossiping on other people's lives, instead of working on her own.

Now that I recall, I used this intonation to mock a woman who tried to pull a "high-school mean girl" tactic on my friend.

Friend: Wow, you ran into lots of people along the way. How do you know so many people?

Woman: Popularity is not something that can be taught. (Slightly haughty tone, one-up power move)

Me: What she's saying is "Oh my god! (exasperated with upward inflection) I can't help but be popular (again)"

Stef