Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Would you sign up to a Power University affiliate program?

Hey guys,

I'm pondering an affiliate program for Power University -and the other courses-.

It might require some time and investment to launch, so just to get some feedback:

would you be interested, sign-up, or potentially use it to recommend or share PU?

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

I feel that the main challenge is how to share Power University.

For example, a feature in an email newsletter with

Do you have a friend interested in strategies to get the next promotion?
Share this newsletter with them by clicking here.

Then, clicking here would pop up a template message which I just need to click send to a friend.

I'm not sure how the people who left positive reviews find the ease of sharing Power University.

Though I do think an affiliate program would help to get people more interested in sharing the program.
They may even put the link on their website if it fits well with their product & services.

If you launch an affiliate program, I would use the program but probably not more than I share the link to this website now.

With an affiliate program, people may share links to your articles less and go for the affiliate link to the sales page instead.
Or maybe the affiliate program that you have in mind can do that for articles too.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing as I don't have the data to examine whether:

• Time spent on the website influences conversation rates
    • If the longer time spent on the website means a higher conversation rate, then the affiliate link may present drawbacks
  • Going to the sales page is the biggest indicator of buying the course
    • If the number of people on the sales page is what's important, then the affiliate link may help
  • And so on
Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you for sharing, Matthew.

I think that I'm secretly hoping that the affiliate program can attract some people skilled at running ads, and that the program can make it profitable for them to run ads.

That would be a cool way to offload something I'm not interested in doing -running ads-.

Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

My opinion is that, to offload running ads, one should run ads at least once yourself to get an idea of the return on investment.

Then, we would also know the commission rate for the affiliate program to set.

The cost of Power University is 797 euros. So let's say 10% commission which is about 80 euros. Maybe their margin may be narrow.

This is sort of a new market so people skilled in ads will still need to figure out

• The segments - Facebook is really scary in how the segmenting is
  • When to run the ads

There's also work to be done to set up Facebook Pixels to track conversions. Not sure how this works for affiliate marketing.

If we don't help affiliate marketers with this, they will probably put the links on their own websites and rely more on SEO. This is also good in my opinion.

From my limited experience.

I think that to figure out the ROI is where most of the time-sink is.

Once you figure that out, you basically have a system in place.

I'm thinking instead to offer a larger slice, and let someone else with ad expertise do that.
While I focus on power dynamics expertise.

But that's all to be seen, maybe a few people are interested, maybe nobody is, or maybe I'll actively look for someone.
We'll see.

Processing...