Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Definitive dictionary of power

Quote from Ali Scarlett on August 24, 2021, 3:54 pm

I like the idea and definition, Lucio, and I also think we could use a more intuitive name.

The term "fair-value social marketing" has the verb "marketing" at the end of it. And, that helps with comprehension in terms of understanding the action being taken.

So, maybe we could say, "fair-value power moving" which:

• Underlines the action being taken: the social movements/behavior of the social strategist
  • Highlights another important concept: not all power moves are bad

Feel free to share your thoughts (that includes anyone else reading this as well).

Yes, good point.

All names are changeable if anything better comes along.

"Power calibration" seems to better describe the concept, albeit having the same name for both would be cool indeed.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on August 24, 2021, 4:35 pm

Relevant Files

Interesting.

I'm thinking of something that might be more intuitive, as I'm struggling to quickly understand the message in this infographic.

The message is that one should act differently in different social circles according to the power, authority and influence that the person has.

The rooms represent the social circle, and the person right outside the room represents how he should act accordingly.

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on August 24, 2021, 10:08 pm
Quote from Ali Scarlett on August 24, 2021, 3:54 pm

I like the idea and definition, Lucio, and I also think we could use a more intuitive name.

The term "fair-value social marketing" has the verb "marketing" at the end of it. And, that helps with comprehension in terms of understanding the action being taken.

So, maybe we could say, "fair-value power moving" which:

• Underlines the action being taken: the social movements/behavior of the social strategist
  • Highlights another important concept: not all power moves are bad

Feel free to share your thoughts (that includes anyone else reading this as well).

Yes, good point.

All names are changeable if anything better comes along.

"Power calibration" seems to better describe the concept, albeit having the same name for both would be cool indeed.

Ah, yes, even better. We could call it "fair-value power calibrating".

And, that sounds like a great name to go beside "fair-value social marketing" :).

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on August 24, 2021, 11:08 pm

The message is that one should act differently in different social circles according to the power, authority and influence that the person has.

The rooms represent the social circle, and the person right outside the room represents how he should act accordingly.

Yeah, I kinda get that.

The question I was asking myself: if someone looks at the infographic only, can he somehow glean the meaning?

Or, alternatively, if someone goes back to the lesson in the future after he's ready, could he look at the infographic and skip the text, and be immediately reminded of the concept?

I'm not sure this was "simple enough" for that.

Ingenious, absolutely, but my initial gut reaction was to look for something simpler.

I re-did this from another angle of wearing the right power mask.
You can wear the high-power mask (leader), the confident team player people look up to, or the more respectful subordinate.

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you Matthew!

I ended up using your infographic in the new lesson.

I am comfortable if you tell me directly that the poster didn't seem good initially.

At the same time, I also understand that may lead to a longer exchange, more communication overhead.

I think our approach to discussing ideas is important so wanted to bring this up and ask for your thoughts.

Otherwise, glad that we managed to get this concept to an infographic!

Lucio Buffalmano
Processing...