Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPublic Forum: Dating"Entitled" women
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

"Entitled" women

Hello guys,

having watched Richard La Ruina's video, got me thinking about what is "entitled".

My opinion is that when it is talked about in red pill/masculinist spheres that women are entitled, it means that they over-estimate their Sexual Market Value (SMV). I know that is how I feel with the women of Switzerland. Yes, many of them are smart and educated. But they're not all very feminine nor submissive nor beautiful. However, they behave like they deserve Brad Pitt level kind of guys.

So I think this is what "entitled" means: to over-value their SMV. I don't want to go too much into politics, but they do play a role. First, I'm all about equality among all people, women included of course. However, I think that in the past 30-40 years, what happened in the West/OECD countries :

1. Women have had increased revenue -> more demands on men as resource providers
  2. Women have had lowered parental investment: Nordic countries for instance where fathers are caring for the children a lot-> more time and more freedom to care for oneself for women
  3. More sexual freedom -> more choice over partner
  4. More social mobility -> more choice over partners in different social classes

As Lucio said, in dating (reproductive realm): women have the upper hand in terms of power/choice. That is to be expected for many reasons: see Evolutionary Biology. So the recent changes have actually given them even more power (I'm not talking about 1900 and before). It is like the SMV of women have increased and SMV of men have decreased. So it gives OECD women more choices and men less choices.

I agree with this. Disclaimer: I don't agree with the fears of red pill community (hypergamy, etc). I think this is bitterness. However I do think that for the level of efforts I put in my self-development and education and based on my looks I have access to quite average women in a country like Switzerland. When I use Tinder to countries like Hungary, Poland and Russia I have much better matches. So the conclusion is easy: I can date much more beautiful women in other countries. This is based on the resource differential, yes. I am comparatively richer than a man of the same socio-economic background in Poland. However, I think it also stems from women having more power in general in Society.

Conclusion: I think it's good that women have more choices, money and freedom for THEM. However, I think it twists the dating market in their favor even more.

What is your opinion on this topic?

Lucio Buffalmano, Matthew Whitewood and Sam Wellington have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew WhitewoodSam Wellington

Awesome thread!

Yes, I agree that women's power in the West has gone up.

But the link between power, attractiveness and sexual market value for women is NOT linear and can be inversely proportional.

The red pill focuses on the negative side only, rather than recognizing that Western women did acquire more power (there is a strong vein of misogyny in the red pill anyway, so the analyses get thwarted by that).
Part of that power can make (some) women higher value -education, drive, demands for rights and proper treatment, etc.-
A woman who remains feminine and supports her man and is educated, assertive when needed, and knows how to hold her own socially is higher value, not lower.

The issue is that very few women know how to combine power with femininity., so very few women take advantage of the "female Western empowerment".

Many more women, probably far more women compared to those who increased their SMV, became more male-like with their newly found power and mobility.
So for most Western women, it's only their value outside of dating that has gone up.

So it's probably true that a good chunk of Western women act entitled over an over-estimation of their own SMV.
What happens is that they became more demanding with their newly found power and education, which they understand well, but failed to see how they also became less attractive as long-term partners because of their drop in femininity / submissiveness.
As much as many women misunderstand the effects of power, assertiveness, and personal success in dating, they also underestimate how cultural changes like settling down at older age negatively affect their SMV.

So far I stayed away from these topics as they're more about culture and opinions than strategies, but maybe it's time to tackle it -and then tease out the strategies from it-.

A popular article for women on this website addressing the practical dating side of female empowerment (albeit it's mostly guys who write on the forum, there is actually a large female readership here):

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from John Freeman on February 23, 2021, 9:35 am

When I use Tinder to countries like Hungary, Poland and Russia I have much better matches. So the conclusion is easy: I can date much more beautiful women in other countries. This is based on the resource differential, yes. I am comparatively richer than a man of the same socio-economic background in Poland. However, I think it also stems from women having more power in general in Society.

I partially disagree here.

This is what women like to say to derogate their competitors:

They only like you because of the money

Which frames "those" other women as money-grabber, and the man as "cheating" for preying on "poor" women.

I think wealth is one part of the equation, of course, as is general power -the image of the suited up man from the West-.
But it's also other elements, including the appreciation of exotic men, travelers (usually a sign of mental openness), the learning opportunities with foreigners, and the association of Western men to be generally higher-drive men in life.

Matthew Whitewood and John Freeman have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodJohn Freeman
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Man, I love everything you wrote. Great stuff. I'll read those articles. It's time for me to open my mind to the idea of how a powerful woman can be feminine as well.

I met several of them, but they are the minority indeed. The ones that can (for instance a surgeon at my hospital) I have much respect for them. Because they are being genuine (talking about their kids, etc) and at the same times have good technical and leadership skills. They are good leaders, they're not playing at being a leader. So I can connect to them as a subordinate (I obey their sound orders) and as a man (I can appreciate their feminity).

For me, it's all good. I actually love to work with women no matter their ranks. That's also why I'm happy in my field. But women are people. So I don't like when they are not comfortable in their own skin or are bullies. It's a people problem here and it translates even more poorly in women I think (maybe because I'm a man).

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood