Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Have fun with 3rd world partners, but never bring them to the 1st world

Says Miller in "Mate":

When you’re looking for a mating market, pay as much attention to the men there, who are your rivals, as to the women there. Women aren’t measuring you against all the men on earth; they’re measuring you against the other men they have access to.

That means that when you take your third world girlfriend or boyfriend to the first world, they will suddenly see a lot more people of higher value.

Suddenly, your comparative value, which is what really matters, drops.
And your power in the relationship drops.

This is more relevant for men, since it's men who more often seek wives and girlfriends in third poorer countries.
But I have known a few women who enjoyed sexual relationships with men far above their SMV, just because those guys reside in far poorer countries as well (I suspect the toy boy of this forum entry was one such example).

Back when I was living in Easter, Europe I used to go out with a guy from Madagascar.
His wife was an obese white woman he met when she was on holiday.
As soon as the guy got to Europe, the marriage started going south. He went out until late, did little fathering if at all, lived in their place while having a horrible relationship with her parents, and then they eventually broke up.

The same is true for friendships and opportunities.
Once you help people up, their power relative to yours increases.
If it's a solid partnership and relationship, that's great. Both win.

But if there was little love, respect, and companionship to begin with, that's when they're most likely to start to resent you, and possible drop you.

I talk about it both in the "Updated 48 Laws of Power" and in Social Power.

DM has reacted to this post.
DM
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Lucio, this sparked a corollary thought for me. Strive to only work for people you respect, because if you don't respect them, and it comes out in your behavior, they likely won't help you up.

Quote from Isabella Vien on January 7, 2021, 6:06 am

Lucio, this sparked a corollary thought for me. Strive to only work for people you respect, because if you don't respect them, and it comes out in your behavior, they likely won't help you up.

Absolutely!

It's a very important thought/value/strategy that deserves its own thread, I think.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...