Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How I prioritize my involvement on each topic

I love interacting on this forum.

But please understand that my personal involvement is on a voluntary basis, and I neither will, nor seek, to reply every time.
Time is our most limited resource, and we have to use it wisely.

So here is how I prioritize my answers here:

1. Questions related to Power University first: my answers to customers' doubts are part of the course package (many of those are in the private forum)
  2. People who contribute take precedence: people who contribute more add more value, so it's only fair they also take back more
    • Remember that a simple way of contributing is to just say "thanks", share your thoughts on the answer you got, or update people on what's happened
  3. Topics adding value to everyone take precedence: some topics add more value to the community. That can be for different reasons: either because they discuss relevant topics, because they are well-written, or because they have good examples. These take precedence
  4. Topics related to power dynamics take precedence: power dynamics, people, and social skills, which are the main focus of this website
  5. Topics that help advance power dynamics: some topics, questions, or discussions, help advance this field. Those take priority

Topics that are less likely to get a reply:

1. Topics that don't respect the forum rules: forum etiquette helps us make the forum more efficient, adding more value and saving time. Not respecting forum etiquette means wasting people's time
  2. Topics with lots of questions: one basic forum etiquette is "one post, one topic". Topics with too many questions are inefficient
  3. Topics asking the same questions as old ones: search before posting
  4. Topics or questions that are too basic: the goal of this website is to help people "soar with the eagles". But people need to show up ready and willing t to soar. Users with too much baggage require a lot of work from this community, for uncertain results. Start with the basics first
  5. Topics or questions that show a lack of foundational mindsets: read above
  6. Topics or questions that show a lack of foundational ethics or values: this is not a community to learn how to be a POS
  7. Topics going beyond my areas of expertise

Finally, it comes down to how much time I have during a given period.

Stef, Maxim Levinsky and Serena Irina have reacted to this post.
StefMaxim LevinskySerena Irina
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on February 6, 2020, 6:28 pm

So here is how I prioritize my answers here:

1. People who contribute take precedence: people who contribute more add more value, so it's only fair they also take back more
    • Remember that a simple way of contributing is to just say "thanks", share your thoughts on the answer you got, or update people on what's happened

• Is thumbing up (LIKING) someone's post/reply/comment,

an adequate "simple way of contributing" in this forum?

Will the person whose post i thumbed up,
    be notified of the LIKE i gave them? 

Up until now, i preferred to do THAT,
    rather than clutter with "thanks for the value" type reply posts...

Is THAT equivalent enough to a "thanks" post?)
Serena Irina has reacted to this post.
Serena Irina
www.YouTube.com/MaksimLevinskyMusic?sub_confirmation=1 www.Facebook.com/MaksimLevinskyMusic  www.instagram.com/MaksimLevinskyMusic www.SoundCloud.com/MaksimLevinskyMusic  http://twitter/MaksimLevinsky

Hey Maxim,

As a general principle, yes, it's a way of giving back.
A "thumbs up" is a way of mimicking online what would be a gesture of gratitude in real life, like a "thanks", or a "nod".
And it also mimics agreement, as if to provide support to one's opinion.

It's limited since people don't exactly know who was it who liked their post, and that also answers your question: no, people are not notified as to who it was who gave a "thumbs up", albeit usually people do form an idea.

It's less strong than replying with a "thanks, great info", but I agree with you, if one were to reply every time just "thanks", that wouldn't be giving back anymore, but it would turn annoying.

Maybe a good approach could be to just add a "thank you" when the information was a specific reply to you that was particularly good. Or when you found a specific area in your life in which that information applied, and describe how it helped, so you kill two birds with a stone: you add value with a new example, plus you say "good tip, thanks".

As a last note, don't overblow this idea of having to give back in the forum.
Most people are here to learn, so it's normal that a learner "takes" more, and the more beginner one is, the more normal it is that he will take more and give back less -maybe I should add a note about this, so people don't feel undue pressure-.

As one matures and develops, he will also be more able to give back (as it's happened with several guys here already, I have learned and grown hugely by interacting with many folks here, and I'm sure I'll learn even more going forward).

Serena Irina has reacted to this post.
Serena Irina
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Processing...