Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to counter the “you made this up in your head” power move when you just confessed to someone you were into them?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on December 22, 2021, 6:33 am

This was an awesome story, but it shouldn't have become a dream for you.

Actually this has a name. It's my Sweeping Myself Off Her Feet (Buttkick Variaton) style of seduction. A fine art I'm still perfectioning LOL :-p

Jokes aside, thank you, guys. Matthew, Transitioned, Lucio, Kellvo, everyone who chipped in gave so many insightful advices!

Matthew's advice on dealing with women who just broke up (or volatile women in general) and his sensibility in pointing me out that this is not manipulation;

Transitioned's advice on not hating and working with women's nature and the "1 chance per girl per lifetime rule of the universe";

Lucio's very detailed analysis of the whole interaction (I'll try to keep in mind especially the "simmering, not boiling" part. It's a nice summary);

Kellvo's advice on chasing goals instead of girls - trying to repeat it out loud made me think that I have to put a lot of work in my English. I can't make "goal" sound differently from "girl". Perhaps a mistake that is very telling 🙂

It was boom after boom after boom after boom! Not only advices, but also words of encouragement that I badly needed.

I myself am a big fan of old school romance (no wonder I chose Kavalier for my nickname), but I overdid it. I won't deny that I like to fancy myself as a "knight in shining armor" of some sort, and she surely picked up on this (therefore the "prince").

I'll change my approach to a more laidback one and make it conditional, with sparks of (elusive) romance to ramp up the tension in strategic moments.

So once again, thank you!

Lucio Buffalmano, Kellvo and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKellvoMatthew WhitewoodTransitioned
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on December 22, 2021, 4:12 pm

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened

By the way, this is gold! I'll save it for the bad moments!

Lucio Buffalmano, Kellvo and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKellvoMatthew WhitewoodTransitioned

There are 2 phrases that help me to create:

• Real artists ship - dealing with the fear of things not working out
  • Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened - dealing with the grief/heartbreak of things not working out

You dared greatly.
You created a unique experience for yourself and the girl.
It's real art. You shipped. You're a real artist.
Now you get to smile.

Of course, that's my process.
Everyone has their own process.
Take all the time you need.

Thanks for sharing your art with us.

OFF-TOPIC

I can't make "goal" sound differently from "girl".

It took me 4 weeks of daily 30-minute practice to master the long-vowel sound əː in girl :).
There are 2 things to get right:

• The tongue position and mouth shape
  • The length of the sound

Now I'm at the vowel sound ʌ for another 2 weeks.
You can join me here:
https://thepowermoves.com/forum/topic/vocal-practice/

OFF-TOPIC

Kavalier has reacted to this post.
Kavalier

Todd Valentine explains how to handle women's lovey-dovey fantasies very well:

Her: You are my prince

You: I can see that you're into role play

Kavalier has reacted to this post.
Kavalier
Quote from Kavalier on December 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

Actually this has a name. It's my Sweeping Myself Off Her Feet (Buttkick Variaton) style of seduction. A fine art I'm still perfectioning LOL :-p

Jokes aside, thank you, guys. Matthew, Transitioned, Lucio, Kellvo, everyone who chipped in gave so many insightful advices!

Nice one man :).

Joking and joking about oneself in times of difficulties is a fantastic display of resilience and character (a positive power move).

Quote from Kavalier on December 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

I myself am a big fan of old school romance (no wonder I chose Kavalier for my nickname), but I overdid it. I won't deny that I like to fancy myself as a "knight in shining armor" of some sort, and she surely picked up on this (therefore the "prince").

I'll change my approach to a more laidback one and make it conditional, with sparks of (elusive) romance to ramp up the tension in strategic moments.

Yeah, exactly, as you say, if it's well-framed it's a plus, not a con.

For example, the joke "I hope I didn't ruin the dream with my poor table manners" still remains in the "knight in shiny armor" frame, but makes it a tad more real.

Plus, if you act more "chivalrous" in person and you combine it with power, strong frames and all that power-related stuff, that's a dream come true for many women.

Matthew Whitewood and Kavalier have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodKavalier
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks again, Matthew. It's great to hear so many encouraging  words in a situation like this! That gives me an idea! What if we start a thread containing inspirational aphorisms like the ones you've cited?

Also a great video by Todd Valentine. I wish I had seen it earlier. The "role-play" line was a good one lol

And thank you for the vocal practice tips!

And Lucio, it always feels great to hear from you we're on the right path:-D

With PU, SU and your advices, it'll be a blast. I can barely wait for the Seducing & Stealing Hearts module in Seduction University. You are changing people's lives

"I hope I didn't ruin the dream with my poor table manners"

This one was great LOL

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

Always a pleasure Kavalier!
I have personally learnt a lot because you shared your situation with us.
You walked the hard path, and I learnt through observation.
I am better able to handle this situation in the future.
So thank you as well!

That gives me an idea! What if we start a thread containing inspirational aphorisms like the ones you've cited?

Love the idea!
Feel free to create it.

Also a great video by Todd Valentine. I wish I had seen it earlier. The "role-play" line was a good one lol

Thought of the "role play" line after watching the bond scene and Todd's analysis.

With PU, SU and your advices, it'll be a blast. I can barely wait for the Seducing & Stealing Hearts module in Seduction University. You are changing people's lives

"I hope I didn't ruin the dream with my poor table manners"

This one was great LOL

Let's steal hearts together with poor table manners 🙂

Lucio Buffalmano and Kavalier have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKavalier
PreviousPage 2 of 2
Processing...