Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Infographics: sharing, previews, & feedack

A new quadrant for the concept of effort/returns:

I told the designer to:

• Social butterfly: Make the social butterfly stand not on a podium, but with other people. Make a group of people, and maybe one person with like a golden shape.
  • Wallflower should have a group of people in the background, so it's clear that he is alone in a social crowd and not sitting.
  • Arrows: for effort and returns, ot make it clearer it's a quadrant
Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Wow, did the designer get all of that on the first try? This looks beautiful, Lucio.

If you gave the designer instructions and this is what they came up with on their first attempt, maybe there's a long-term relationship to be fostered here.

I think for social butterfly, one could put a person in the center with 4 people diagonally adjacent.

For wallflower, another alternative to the people background would be 2 people chatting behind hin while he's reading a book or checking his phone.

King should be light green and social butterdly should be dark green in my opinion. Light green stands out as "better" to me.

Quote from Matthew Whitewood on October 18, 2021, 2:14 am

King should be light green and social butterdly should be dark green in my opinion. Light green stands out as "better" to me.

Good point, Matthew.

I think instead of:

1. Dark Green (King)
  2. Light Green (Social Butterfly)
  3. Orange (Wallflower)
  4. Red (Jester)

It would be easier to comprehend if it were:

1. Green (King)
  2. Yellow (Social Butterfly)
  3. Orange (Wallflower)
  4. Red (Jester)
Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

I was thinking that king and social butterfly are positive so green may be a colour to represent the positive attributes.

Although other colour combinations could certainly work as well.

Thank you guys!

The thing about the "social butterfly" is that it can be done well IF energy is accompanied by social skills and power.
BUT Ali you make a great point, it would be much more intuitive.

And about the green shades, thank you for the input Matthew, I had never thought that one could think of lighter green as "better" / more green.

Hi Lucio,

Wanted to say "thank you" for the favor you did for me the other day.

And, I didn't quite know how, so I collaborated with a graphic designer to update some of PU's older infographics as a gift.

Collaboration / Defection Power Matrix

Fair-Value Power

Positive Cynicism

I gave him a lot of creative freedom on this one while I focused on the others.

So, when he brought this back, my feedback was:

Ali: "I'm concerned that the art style of the cats might take away from the seriousness of the infographic. So, is there any way we can update the look of the cats to reflect the scientific nature of this infographic's information?"

And, he came up with this:

The middle cat was redesigned to look more like a lion :).

I have another infographic on its way, but I wanted to post this because of this note:

Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on October 23, 2021, 4:26 pm

Working Next: SU tweaks / Power University upgrade

• New infographics: I'm commissioning a few new infographics to add

Lucio, if you ordered any of the infographics above and haven't accepted the deliveries yet, if you want to, tell them to take these infographics and try to make something better. (More options might help you come up with what's truly best for the community.)

And, either way, I can send the .PSD files directly to your inbox.

I also want to leave this as a reminder for both Matthew and Growfast.

If there's ever anything you need that you think I can help with, please let me know (see this post).

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Boom!

Thank you so much, Ali!

That thing was nothing and a pleasure for me. But still, thank you, that "Collaboration / Defection Power Matrix" is a huge step forward on what's currently there so I'll use it right away.

For "fair value" and "positive cynicism" we had 2 versions of this (still need to find the "positive cynic" version though):

And happy to get feedback on how they compare.

In the meanwhile if you got the .PSD, very happy to get them.

Yeah, I like that design a lot.

By the way, here's a fourth infographic I was working on:

Stereotype Content Model

The power/warmth matrix.

Leave aside that the pictures and colors are misplaced (non-thinking designer).

What do you think about the:

• Pictures
    • Homeless for "low power / low warmth": the homeless doesn't fully convey that he is also low warmth and disliked. But I can't think of any graphics that could easily convey that
  • Examples or not?: I'm thinking if it's better to only leave the pictures without descriptions and examples (examples might then be in the lesson / article)

Growfast has reacted to this post.
Growfast
Processing...