Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Introducing: the TSS website! Feel free to share your feedback

Hello everyone,

It's been quite some work and it's still not fully finished (or anywhere near perfect :), but TheSocialStrategist.net is finally here.

A couple of years ago, I had an idea about taking the forum's best content and combining them into eBooks that could be sold in TPM's store.

Now, I'm thinking that the forum's top content can be organized into articles that are published on TSS.net.

This way:

• TPM preserves its blog as only being for the absolute best/most value-giving content
  • And, at the same time, forum content that's still very value-giving now has a better chance to rank higher on Google: since Google tends to rank articles higher than forum posts
  • And, more TSS book sales and TPM visitors are quite possible (with TSS.net's growth): since TSS.net will direct readers to TPM

Plus, of course, the value-add that readers will now be able to get the forum's best stuff all in a more organized format (no jumping from thread to thread piecing information together on the topic you want to learn more about).

If you have any thoughts/feedback on the site as well as any other ideas on how we could put it to great use, happy to read.

Lucio Buffalmano, khann and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanokhannTransitionedKavalierMats GBel

BOOM!

This is AWESOME, Ali!

Both the idea and how it looks like, it was a "wow" moment when I first opened it.

More than once on some forum threads I thought "there is some really good concept/idea/strategy/technique here that could be turned into an article".

Throwing out a first idea here:

The TSS blog could be that in-between a forum post, and longer-format article.

Such as, take some good thread or post, put a good title, and publish it as a post.

Just an example from a recent thread from Growfast:

Great advice there, but likely lost in the shuffle, also because the title is a bit generic.

To increase its appeal to the large public, one could title that:

• How to deal with know-it-all friend

Or:

• How to respond to the annoying guy who "always has to outdo you"

That may already get some Google traffic for people searching for something similar.

Then the article would list the different opinions and contributions in that thread as different techniques and approaches for slightly different scenarios.

Just an idea.

Lemme know how I can help or support with this.

Ali Scarlett, Transitioned and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettTransitionedKavalierBel
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on January 20, 2023, 4:01 am

(...)

More than once on some forum threads I thought "there is some really good concept/idea/strategy/technique here that could be turned into an article".

Throwing out a first idea here:

The TSS blog could be that in-between a forum post, and longer-format article.

(...)

My thoughts exactly.

How Lucio + the Community Can Help

Right now, my plate is full with other work.

Eventually, I'll get around to creating some content for the TSS blog (TSSB), but in the meantime, you can:

• Recommend threads/posts that should be one article on TSSB: which, I'll open up a new thread to collect those ideas, if anyone has any
  • Write the articles as a contributor to TSSB: and I'll take the time to revise/edit the posts accordingly if necessary

Any thoughts?

If anyone has any ideas on how they'd like/prefer to contribute, happy to read.

Edit:

The thread is made.

Lucio Buffalmano and Kavalier have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoKavalier
Processing...