Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Journal - My Renaissance Journey

Hi all,

It's been  a couple months, so time for my update here.

I've been working with my therapist, and seeing him once a month. I managed to tackle quite a few of my goals that I stated at the beginning of my journal. To start with I've managed to:

• Quit marijuana (2 months)
  • Quit cigarettes (1 month)
  • Stopped playing video games (2 months)
  • Practicing building friendships (so far I met up with 1 new person, and been practicing asking people to hang out)
  • Succeeding in my critical care course

I also got laser eye surgery! I can see without glasses now which is great! Monetarily, I'm doing fine. Although, I'm spending a bit more than I'd like on things I don't need. I have a few more things I want to improve, and these are just basic skills:

• Having a big picture goal
  • Finding a hobby/ something I'm passionate about
  • Improve my skills in planning a day out with people
  • Keep things simple, and stop buying books I don't need

So some notes to remember for the future:

I usually look for things I did wrong or how I messed up, and it's my default mental set. I tend to ruminate about my weaknesses, as you can see from my first post in this journal. Instead, I am re-wiring how I think and am now considering that I probably did fine.

Lucio Buffalmano, Ali Scarlett and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli ScarlettMatthew Whitewood

Oh wow, coming back with a big-bang!

There should be a button for "double like" :).

I'm impressed, man!

Power dynamics note: "I'm impressed" could become a positive judge-role power move.
The receiver can feel good about impressing the judge, and that can lead them to seek future validation by trying to be on the good side of the judge.
But yeah, no game playing intent here: I truly was impressed :).

Really glad to hear, keep on rocking!

JM has reacted to this post.
JM
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from JM on July 12, 2021, 7:12 pm

Hi all,

It's been  a couple months, so time for my update here.

I've been working with my therapist, and seeing him once a month. I managed to tackle quite a few of my goals that I stated at the beginning of my journal. To start with I've managed to:

• Quit marijuana (2 months)
  • Quit cigarettes (1 month)
  • Stopped playing video games (2 months)
  • Practicing building friendships (so far I met up with 1 new person, and been practicing asking people to hang out)
  • Succeeding in my critical care course

I also got laser eye surgery! I can see without glasses now which is great! Monetarily, I'm doing fine. Although, I'm spending a bit more than I'd like on things I don't need. I have a few more things I want to improve, and these are just basic skills:

• Having a big picture goal
  • Finding a hobby/ something I'm passionate about
  • Improve my skills in planning a day out with people
  • Keep things simple, and stop buying books I don't need

So some notes to remember for the future:

I usually look for things I did wrong or how I messed up, and it's my default mental set. I tend to ruminate about my weaknesses, as you can see from my first post in this journal. Instead, I am re-wiring how I think and am now considering that I probably did fine.

Man, congrats, JM!

I still remember reading your first few journal entries and thinking to myself that you had a long road ahead of you. The goals that you set for yourself are tied to overcoming one's own mental resistances, and I know how hard that can be.

So, I'm really happy to see you making progress on your journey mate, I'm rooting for your continued progress over here :D.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thanks Lucio. The power note bit its cool, nice!

Ali, appreciate it!

Lucio Buffalmano and Ali Scarlett have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli Scarlett
Processing...