Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Short Thank Yous and Feedback - Experimental

Thanks, and always a great pleasure to spin off new topics for interesting discussions!

Plus, the way you quote it with the first message is perfect, including a link to the original thread as a quote. Genius.

Thanks man, I like to link stuff together.
It helps me see how things fit together.
I can make sense of things better.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on February 26, 2021, 7:40 pm

Keep in mind that sometimes, during busy time, I speed-read things, so if I might miss something here and there -all my fault-.

There are many times that you take on the responsibility or blame for things.
Very inspiring.

It is about taking the "blame" for some things not working out in the team and finding a way to align them.
The burden of leadership.
Sometimes the leader has to take into account the other interests of other people (even personal matters) to make them committed to a mission.
Rather than blaming people for not committing to the mission even though they logically agreed.

Unknown factors come into play, disrupting the intended "agreement".
A leader would continuously adjust to find a way to make things work and align interests.

These thoughts came into my mind after reading your statement.
Today I'm going to take the "blame" for some things not working out in my team and find a way to align them.
And I thank you for the inspiration.

Lucio Buffalmano and Ali Scarlett have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoAli Scarlett

Thank you so much, Matthew!

Yeah, taking the blame might one of the most underrated behaviors. Might even call it a power move, in some situations -of the good, value-adding type, of course-.

Matthew Whitewood and Sam Wellington have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodSam Wellington
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from John Freeman on March 4, 2021, 6:41 pm from My Journey to Assertivity

Short interaction:

A female resident colleague speaks to me on an angry tone and give me a time limit: “You have 15 minutes to come”. Of course it’s for no reason. So I feel the anger and I come to her to tell her I did not appreciate her tone as n the phone. She tries to slip with some bullshit excuse. I say: “I’m talking about the tone” firmly and politely. Her: “I’m a bit tired excuse me”. Me: “It happens it’s forgiven”.

Lucio style: I’m addressing the form and not the content (as she tried to evade it). Then she could not escape. There was also one witness of her phone call. She heard me going assertive. So now they both know. Firm, polite and strong. A powerful stance. I also closed the frame Lucio style (it’s forgiven). Leader like.

Assertivity 1 Bitch 0

Cheers!

Super-like

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you Ali and Matthew for the support in coming up with the new definition "frame individualization".

Added to the dictionary now, and added to PU, together with "power borrowing", as a technique under the "frame authority".

Matthew Whitewood and selffriend have reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewoodselffriend

Thank you for the concept, Lucio.
I think it's interesting to explore.
And also thank you for your advice on my situation.

Lucio Buffalmano

Hey Lucio,

Thank you for the time to give me some very clear and direct feedback.
I appreciate that a lot.

I will spend time thinking about that before giving another reply or opening up another thread.
And most importantly executing & holding people accountable to plans.

Cheers Matthew, I think it's great how this forum manages to give strong, sometimes even personal feedback and advice, without ever souring the mood.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on March 20, 2021, 12:17 pm

OFF-TOPIC

I think there are 2 unintuitive tabs.
I find "Articles" would be more intuitive compared to "Blog".
And "Book Reviews" to be clearer than "Resources".

OFF-TOPIC

Thank you for the feedback, Matthew!

The reason why I chose "Resources", is to move the brand away from the other many book-summaries websites that have mushroomed around the web.

I felt that at a certain point the reviews were taking too much away from the original content of the website, and I wanted to be extra sure that wasn't the case (I shared that rationale on some post in the entrepreneurship section back then).

Matthew Whitewood and John Freeman have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodJohn Freeman

Ahh I see Lucio! Thank you for pointing me to the right place somewhere in the forum.

Looks like we have some topics to dig out. The other is the 3 levels of the judge role.