Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Spin-Off from Feedbacks & Clarifications

Quote from selffoe on March 25, 2021, 4:42 am
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on March 22, 2021, 10:41 am

The boss of this website was not sure why Elon Musk was a good salesman: Elon Musk: The Emotional Idiocy of A Genius | The Power Moves

In my humble opinion, we need to first recognize the following facts:

1. High-income or highly educated individuals are more rational (https://www.nber.org/papers/w16791)
  2. Group is more rational than individual (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022103103001793?casa_token=sgGeZn1EvkEAAAAA:3TCbGb718awcLki-7pzyHlttaqnz4E4mj4O16sY-B3oYsLLfIYWQJA2O-VHZSMSJCylaZ_kICWo)
  3. Large institute is more rational than individual consumer.

Psychologically manipulating consumers or building an emotional bond with the consumers might work well for average individuals, for example in the retail industry, gambling industry, car and housing market. But for the deals between larger institutes or highly educated individuals, people are more convinced with rationality, logics, intelligence, and statistics.

For example, if the boss of this website is buying a house, will he be convinced if the realtor trying to use power-moves on him, elicit (fake) competition, and build a strong emotional bond with him?

I do regard Lucio as the authority of this website.
However, something feels weird by calling Lucio, "the boss of this website".
It may come across as a bit patronising.
What do you think?

In some cases, calling someone boss can be a sarcastic way of pointing out that you do not appreciate their authority or dominant behaviour.
In other cases, people use it to manipulate others by appealing to their ego.

Saying "in my humble opinion" together with stating the points as facts while quoting the links to academic citations also comes off as smart-alecky.

The last question is a leading question.
It implies sales skills are about using power moves and manipulation.

If the objective of the post was to encourage contributions and other perspectives, I would feel more comfortable if the opinions were stated directly.

I may be reading this whole thing wrong so would like a second opinion.

Again, I truly apology if you feel offended by any of my words. In fact I do sometimes offend people in real life, even if I rarely make any comments on a specific person. Your comments did bring me up somewhat because now I realized that some wording might be offensive, and sometimes I need to elaborate more on my true intentions and meanings.

@ratdodo
selffoe, I wanted to give you a longer answer.
But let me resolve the personal aspect of the discussion and say all good between us.

As Lucio says, no offence was taken.
It was not personal feedback.
I wanted to outline how certain things were interpreted by myself and potentially others as well.
If we disagree on some of the nuances or interpretations, that's completely fine.

Maybe let's continue the discussion sometime later!

selffriend has reacted to this post.
selffriend
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on March 26, 2021, 9:18 am
Quote from selffoe on March 25, 2021, 4:42 am
Quote from Matthew Whitewood on March 22, 2021, 10:41 am

The boss of this website was not sure why Elon Musk was a good salesman: Elon Musk: The Emotional Idiocy of A Genius | The Power Moves

In my humble opinion, we need to first recognize the following facts:

1. High-income or highly educated individuals are more rational (https://www.nber.org/papers/w16791)
  2. Group is more rational than individual (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022103103001793?casa_token=sgGeZn1EvkEAAAAA:3TCbGb718awcLki-7pzyHlttaqnz4E4mj4O16sY-B3oYsLLfIYWQJA2O-VHZSMSJCylaZ_kICWo)
  3. Large institute is more rational than individual consumer.

Psychologically manipulating consumers or building an emotional bond with the consumers might work well for average individuals, for example in the retail industry, gambling industry, car and housing market. But for the deals between larger institutes or highly educated individuals, people are more convinced with rationality, logics, intelligence, and statistics.

For example, if the boss of this website is buying a house, will he be convinced if the realtor trying to use power-moves on him, elicit (fake) competition, and build a strong emotional bond with him?

I do regard Lucio as the authority of this website.
However, something feels weird by calling Lucio, "the boss of this website".
It may come across as a bit patronising.
What do you think?

In some cases, calling someone boss can be a sarcastic way of pointing out that you do not appreciate their authority or dominant behaviour.
In other cases, people use it to manipulate others by appealing to their ego.

Saying "in my humble opinion" together with stating the points as facts while quoting the links to academic citations also comes off as smart-alecky.

The last question is a leading question.
It implies sales skills are about using power moves and manipulation.

If the objective of the post was to encourage contributions and other perspectives, I would feel more comfortable if the opinions were stated directly.

I may be reading this whole thing wrong so would like a second opinion.

Again, I truly apology if you feel offended by any of my words. In fact I do sometimes offend people in real life, even if I rarely make any comments on a specific person. Your comments did bring me up somewhat because now I realized that some wording might be offensive, and sometimes I need to elaborate more on my true intentions and meanings.

@ratdodo
selffoe, I wanted to give you a longer answer.
But let me resolve the personal aspect of the discussion and say all good between us.

As Lucio says, no offence was taken.
It was not personal feedback.
I wanted to outline how certain things were interpreted by myself and potentially others as well.
If we disagree on some of the nuances or interpretations, that's completely fine.

Maybe let's continue the discussion sometime later!

Hi Matthew please do post the long comment if you still have it because I think I can learn from it. I actually learned a lot from your other comments on me and your other threads. If you prefer private, personal communication (as the comment is just about me and it is kind of personal), feel free to send me an email at selffoe@gmail.com

If you don't have the long answer, we could still have an informal, friendly, and personal discussion. I do think we could make friends and I wish to ask you a couple of questions.

Thank you again!

Processing...