Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New reviews (TPM resources list updates)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Couple of new "bomb reviews":

Both may enter the "best of" lists, and the Gervais Principle even more than one.

John Freeman, Kavalier and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
John FreemanKavalierAlexBelleaderoffun
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

I'm reading: the review from the Gervais Principles: chills down my spine. This is my organization.

Lucio Buffalmano and leaderoffun have reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmanoleaderoffun
Quote from John Freeman on July 27, 2022, 8:19 pm

I'm reading: the review from the Gervais Principles: chills down my spine. This is my organization.

Must feel good that you're out of there 🙂

If you have any further notes or observations on how Gervais Principle described your former organization I'll be super happy to read.

Almost out! 8 months to go. Sure, I'll make some comments here.

• The Unplugged Alpha, a typical red pill book, not bad (mostly addresses some foundations of dating / intersexual dynamics, if you've been around this website you know this stuff)
Kavalier and Alex have reacted to this post.
KavalierAlex

the book of the courtier book cover

The book itself is long and the wisdom is too dispersed so I wouldn't recommend reading the full original version.

HOWEVER...

Once you condense it, then it's a little centuries-old gem.

Just to mention one, the concepts of "law of least effort" and social ROI first originated here (plus, Robert Greene took more than one "law" straight from Castiglione's book).

Plus, several great techniques and ideas for both men and women.

Ali Scarlett, John Freeman and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettJohn FreemanlilsimKavalierAlexBel

Come to think of it, The Book of The Courtier was genius in one important way.

The courtier of Castiglione focuses BOTH on personal development, including ethics, AND on getting the most out of it with unabashed strategies and techniques (including Machiavellianism).

It's somewhat similar to the concept we have here of "fair value marketing", but it's larger as it applies to a general mindset and approach to life.

I'm thinking this may be part of the Eagle construct, to focus on both adding value, becoming the best you can be, AND reaping the most benefits from your hard work and value you bring.

Ali Scarlett, John Freeman and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Ali ScarlettJohn FreemanKavalierBel

New "best nutrition book":

Which is quite telling, since it isn't even focused on nutrition, but fat loss -and still managed to provide the best overview on nutrition I've read/listend/watched thus far-.

Albeit I had decided to only focus TPM on "on topic" resources, I thought that giving more space to one of the very few books (and authors) who provide accurate information was more like a public duty.

Bel has reacted to this post.
Bel
PreviousPage 2 of 2
Processing...