Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TPM upgrade feedback (2021): what do you think?

Yes, I consciously removed that option.

I don't think it affects logins of previous FB/Google users since they were still based on emails.

New user registration is so far disabled as I don't want to either add or look into the best options for anti-registration spam.

Later I'll probably add a free product with some lesson previews and/or quizzes, and that can be one way to add new users without purchasing a product.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Ali Scarlett on July 8, 2021, 9:43 pm

(...) but right now, I miss the old TPM website.

Anonymous: "The status quo hates change. Even though the status quo was once the new frontier."

Chances are that I simply need to do better at accepting change. So, I'll do my best to offer any feedback or help I can that might make the TPM upgrade even better.

Very curious about this one after a month and a half.

Back then I replied that forcing oneself to accept change can be a trap, because change can mean going backward.

So now that some time has passed: do you still feel the same, Ali?

Do you still think it was -or something was- better with the previous theme / course?

Yea, it's growing on me.

For context, the issue back then was that the new theme was so new that it had no conceptual fluency with me. I was referring people to TPM quite often and I had an image in my head of what the website looked like that I was referring them to.

So, when the website's look completely changed, so did the image in my head. And, I had to rebuild that conceptual fluency with TPM from the ground up because it was like TPM had become a completely different website with its switch to a completely different color set (from white and blue to black and gold is a pretty big swing :).

That being said, after some collaboration on the logo, book covers, and interacting with the forum more (over some reviews, journal entries, and interactions with other members), it's starting to feel like home again.

Speaking of, the home page is still a bit of an adjustment—I've been on this journey with TPM since 2019. So, that's going to take a little longer than a month and a half to get used to.

But, for the most part, I love it. And, I can see now that this was all certainly a step in the right direction. (Especially the course, but the course looks so good now that I don't think it was ever in question :).

Got it, thank you Ali!

Love the concept of "conceptual fluency", it makes a lot of sense.

Processing...