Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

Thank you so much, John! Fixed.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

You're welcome!

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Quiz on Frames

The way hi sits and the conviction with which he speaks also serves him well to back up his answers with power and to stop Newman's own frames on their tracks.

he

That final joke also serves to say "we're totally different, and I don't approve of world's frames".

I don't understand.

People coming out of that tunnel knew he was there to pain them as evil money-stealer.

paint

Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you, John, fixed.

That final joke also serves to say "we're totally different, and I don't approve of world's frames".

That meant "I don't approve of your worldview", "world's frames" there was huge in a larger context of the way people see the world.

It was unclear indeed.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
  1. Lesson on aggressive body language: the levels of indentations of the TOC.

2. The youtube video is not embedded:

It serves to assert dominance without totally breaking rapport -or ven by increasing rapport, in some cases-.

3. It serves to assert dominance without totally breaking rapport -or ven by increasing rapport, in some cases-.

even

4.People in your sare those who are there to prop you up in power or to break your fall when you’re crashing down.

I don't understand.

5. In the dictionary: Power: power is the measure of an individual’s to influence or dictate decitions, influence or dictate other people’s behavior and, ultimately, to achieve goals and get what he wants.

decisions

Moving Past Aggression

Some people struggle to move past aggression because of the beliefs they hold. Once they can change their beliefs though, behavior will follow. So now we review common beliefs of aggressive people:

• I’m entitled to be angry = yeah, but anger doesn’t equal aggression, and aggression is not that effective

Of course you are entitled to be angry. The question is: does that give you the right to treat others rudely?

Are you also entitled to treat people like crap?

Finally, it all comes down to effectiveness.
Most people telling themselves they’re entitled to be angry are actually saying “I’m entitled to get what I want through anger and aggression”.
However, as we’ve seen, over the long run expressing anger through aggression will most likely decrease your ability of getting what you want.

• If I’m not aggressive nothing will happen = great excuse for not having control over yourself

Pushing people and intimidating others can often help you get things done in the short run.

Of course, again, it comes at a heavy cost for you in the long run.
Top performers who build successful organizations and hold onto power rarely are overly aggressive.

Steve Jobs was probably an exception, and one might even argue if he was successful because of his aggression, or in spite of it.
There is maybe a parallel universe where Job learned to convey his anger with fewer explosions, and he remained at the helm of Apple for 30 years straight, never having been sacked in the first place.

• Nice guys finish last = stop comparing yourself to extreme pushovers, it’s a cop-out

It’s not about where nice guys finish, because nobody says you must become a “nice guy”, whatever that means.
The question for aggressive people is where aggressive people finish. And it’s rarely at the top, while enjoying an overall good life with successful relationships around them.

• Honesty is the best policy = yes, but not as an excuse to yell and offend

Honesty is great policy indeed.

But honesty is often used by aggressive people as an excuse to be rude, to offend, to yell, and to demean.

I remember many years ago the mother of an ex-girlfriend of mine told me that “I was a pussy” because I was removing excessive chili pepper from my dish.
She often used that style of communication, and her usual defense was that “she was honest”.
That’s quite weak actually.

Honesty is good, aggression and offenses are rude. Don’t even try to mix up the two, it’s weak-sauce (self-)manipulation.

The paragraph above is present twice in the text.

Cheers!

PS: Please excuse the lack of civilities when I write in this thread, but I think you understand it's for the sake of time efficiency as this thread is purely technical. I'm quite sure you understand. 🙂

PSS: the graphics with the passive pyramid and aggressive at the top is golden!

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you, John, much helpful and appreciated.

Fixed them all.

Module 3.3

In work environments, checking up on people means to ensure the yare doing what they are supposed to do.

they are.

EDIT: Module 3.3  1.1. Video on Social aggression does not work.

Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Fixed, thank you so much John!

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman

Module 3.3: Video on Seductive Punishment does not work

Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you John, fixed.