Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

PreviousPage 30 of 37Next

Hi Lucio,

I have just purchased this course and loving it so far.

I have found that in the High Value Socialization module - Lesson 2 - Social Exchange II: Strategies, Techniques and Minsets, you have a duplicate #3 mindset / technique.

They are listed in the lesson as:

1: Switch to a WIIFT mindet

2: Keep some value undelivered, then ask

3: Leverage your future giving power

3: (again) Limit their losses (AKA Silver Medal Technique)

4: Protect their freedom and power (this also includes note 3.2 and another 4?)

5: Become a fair-value social marketer.

This obviously doesn't inhibit my learning in any way, I just figured it could be something you would want to know about. I only noticed because I've been talking a tonne of notes so far. Thanks again for the awesome course!

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Thank you so much Paaatt, fixed it!

And welcome here!

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
  1. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/low-power-behavior/topic/low-power-signals-stop-doing-this/: a) under 1.2. “Monitoring”: Looking at leaders to direct own behavior: “Underling 1: (startes at the banker)” [instead of "stares"]; b) under 1.4. Following others’ laughing-patterns: “Him: that guy was like “don’t let the door hit you on the vagina on the way out:” c) under 2.2 Rushing away: “Roberto: (is intimidated and wants to get out of there ASAP) another time, absolutely, we can sit down, talk, but right now I have an appointment, I must really go [(] rushes towards the door and his anxiousness escalates into a panic when he can’t open it right away)” [missing opening parenthesis “(“] d) under 2.5 Avoid leader’s gaze, “People who feel strong enough to criticize but not strong enough to look into people’s eyes are communicating a personal drive to get things done, but also that are not fully confident in their own power” [missing “they”] e) under #4. Signs of Low Confidence: “And you generally want to be both spot both of them in other, or strategically avoid looking like you are either low-confidence or low-power” f) “4.2. Make a joke and start laughing” [instead of “4.2. Making a joke and starting to laugh” in line with next paragraphs] g) there are two points “4.3” h) under 4.3. Looking away after “risky” comment: “Nixon: well, I am not a crook, and I’ve earned everything I’ve got (moves away from the podiu, nods up, crosses his arms)” [instead of “podium”] i) under 4.3. Angling one’s face away: “When you should standing behind your words (strong statement require strong gaze)” [missing “be”; and “statement” instead of “statements”] j) there are two “#5”; k) under 5.4: “Also keep on watching the video, notice how the read-head answer” [instead of “answers”] l) there are two points “5.5” m) under 5.5. Multiple Consecutive Calls/Reach-Outs: “In this case, I propose a Machiavellian strategy. It’s based on people’s values” [missing “.” at the end] n) under 5.5 Over-Joking …: “So my advise is: avoid it.” [instead of “advice”] o) under 5.6 Signals …: “There is zero tension on his arms hands. So they look like lifeless -powerless- appendages flopping towards the ground.” [instead of “arms and hands”]
  2. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/low-power-behavior/quizzes/case-study-denzel-washington-subimissive-or-dominant/: “Still, it’s a full control of the interaction. Whi not?” [missing “not” and “Whi” instead of “why”]
  3. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/domination-showdown-winning-when-stakes-are-high/, a) under #3: “You: Hi, I see we’re back to this (= you already tried, and now you’re getting pusshing / wasting my time) Look, maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough the first time out, so let me explain better. The reasons why I’m doing what I’m doing are… (<– you avoid being too curt or harsh, but seeks bridges and, importantly, give them a chance to stop while saving face)” and “You: Look, I felt your tone the first time out was borderline rude, and I appreciate respectful communication. But seemingly, it wasn’t clear enough. So let me make it clear it now and hopefully we can go back to collaborating like the respectful people I believe we can be” b) under #5: “Go meta: explain why you had to enforce your boundaries, why you did wasn’t cool, etc. (in this course you will learn how to do so with collaborative, highly effective frames)” c) under 1. Losing With Power: “A very manture, humble guy, he even admits the mental insecurity that leads him to over-fight, sometimes.” d) under Showdowns in Dating: “I recommend two techniques when you reach an impasse and you don’t want to give in: 1. Turn it into a friendly game (it takes the sting out of the denial) 2. Frame it as like you were joking an go first (the “I was joking frame” allows you to go first without losing any power and dominance points) 3. If you win and she feels bad, reward her and move on quickly (it keeps bad feeling to a minumum and moving on quickly prevents “festering”)”
  4. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frames-101-understanding-frames/, a) under Frame Example: “Her frame is that number an important step. My frame is that the number is meaningless, just a first small step”. [missing “the” and “is”] b) under One-Uppings: Overview: “One-upping affects power dynamics in a way that transfer power to the one-upper, either by increasing the one-upper power’s, or by decreasing the receiver’s power” [transfer instead of “transfers”] c) under The Win-Lose “Me-Ups” VS Win-Win “We-Ups”: “So this slightly more complex system, we call the one-ups “me-up / you down”, because they selfishly pull the attacker up while pushing others down.” [missing “in”] d) under Humblebrags & Self-Frames: “Robbins: (…) It’s not been 30 years I’m doing this (…)” [instead of “now”] e) under Frame Power Multipliers: “1. Personality-level conviction: knowing or believing that you’re a good persona, and a high-value person”; there is a blank line between 1. and 2; there are two numbers “3.” f) under Frame Steps: “What do you now?” [missing “do”]
  5. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/mindsets-strategies-gameplan/: a) under Negotiating Frames: “What does a great persuade do, instead?” b) under Pacing & Leading: “If you show with your verbal and non vebal behavior that you respect people, then you further 10x your persuasive power”. c) under Pacing & Leading to Regain the Lead: “Amira: I was just going to ask that question (paces / bridges. Indirectly sub-communicates that she needed no reminder from Natalie). Jackie how is your capacity this week? Alison is this project like the re-investments one you did? (retaks the lead)”, and ““I was just going to ask that question” is a form of building on her frame, but it also indirectly say “let me run this meeting and stop butting in”” d) under Questions to Power-Protect & Buy Time: “And in the meanwhile, you cal also use that time to think about your next moves” e) at the end, “Notice that “turning the tables” here at two levels” [missing verb “works” or similar]
Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Boom!

Thank you so much Bel!!

Matthew Whitewood and ZenDancer have reacted to this post.
Matthew WhitewoodZenDancer
  1. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/high-quality-frames-the-eagles-abc/: a) under 1.2. Ignore The Nastiness: “That’s why sometimes you see stars hiding and ignore everyone: because almost every random guy is taking from them.” [“ignore” instead of “ignoring”] and “When you ignore them, their frame,s or the nastiest part of their frames, you soar higher -the eagle’s approach-.”; b) under 2. Refuse…: “Refuse to enter their frame with open and drect verbal refusal”; c) paragraph “2.2.3. Partial Refusal” instead of “2.2.2. Partial Refusal”; d) under 2.2.3: “The trap of the covert frame here is that whatever one say, he fully believes in.” [instead of “says”]; e) “2.7. Minimalist Disagree & Refuse”: should it be “2.7. Minimalist Agree & Refuse”?; f) under 3. Framing Buffet: “For example, if they attack you, you can ignore the aggressive packaging of their frame and do not defend” and “Ariana: you keep making mistakes (highly disempowering frame), it’s not Arihana, it’s Ariana (laughs)” [“Ariana” instead of "Ariadna”]; g) under 3.4: “You: my main interest though is less with the whole gender as a monolithic block and more about which specific subgroups of men are more likely to repress. And I think it’s mostly men who cluster around the average who have a bigger incentive to control women. You know, it’s a normal law of power dynamics: if a guy has a lot of options, or if he feels secure and doesn’t need anything from anyone, then why would he want to control a woman? He has no need, because he knows that he ca nfind a woman he likes and who WANTS to be with him.”; h) under 3.5: “As we’ve seen, often the highest power, most effective thing you can do is to remove words, and limit your involvement to only what further your most important goals (higher ROI).” [“further” instead of “furthers”]; i) under 4: “Not not only it’s a useless, drag-down complaint (small strike against her), but also a potentially dangerous frame. You don’t want to descend in a competitive frame battle as to who’s fault it is early on in an interaction -remember that early interactions are fragile!-.” [“who’s” instead of “whose”]; j) under 4.2: “You can use this technique with all leading questions, and we will examples of leading questions later.” [missing “see”]; k) under 5: “As much s you can’t shoot and destroy water, you can’t shoot down a philosopher’s frame, because it’s formless.” [“s” instead of “as”]
  2. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/4-common-mistakes-to-avoid/: a) “As a general rule, to use frames effectively, you should think of them within the overarching strategy we introduced in the first module (ie.: add value, avoid being or framing yourself as a taker, go for win-win, frame it as win-win, e)” [different font color at end of sentence]; b) under 2: “Donkey: no, sorry, Kevin Bacon wasn’t in Footloose” [“e” is smaller font]; c) under 3: “And worst of all, it’s when you are reacting to a dominant frame by:” [“it’s” instead of “is”]
  3. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/high-dominance-frames/: a) under 1: “Frame imposing consists of accepting nothing but one’s own frame as it is, with no interest in negotiating. The frame is backed with much conviction, and pushed it with much willingness to impose it on others”; b) “Enter, the bulldozer of frame control. Frame imposing consists of: – If you first state the frame, you  state it with full conviction and certitude” [a space too much between “you” and “state”]; c) under 1.3. Poise Imposing: “Andrea: (sarts selling herself. Now as she seeks her approval, she has likely given Miranda also judge powers over her)”; d) under 1.4. Passionate Dominance: “And if the stars aligne, then you can also become a charismatic leader.”; e) under 1.5: “You: Oh I see, if that it the issue, I am happy to help you[.]” [“it” instead of “is”, and missing dot at the end]; f) under 3. Authority Frames: “Authority frames are delivered from a position of higher authority, power, knowledge or wisdom that allows the speak to impose his frame, or win a debate.” [“speak” instead of “speaker”]
  4. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/high-tech-techniques/: a) under 1.2: “In those case, it’s better not to escalate frames and cut your losses instead.”; b) there are two numbers “5.2”; c) under 5.2. Frame Shocking For Control: Becoming the Leader: “And you can also use frame shocking to grab people’s attention before you say or do something you want people to pay attention.” [missing “to” at the end of sentence]; d) under 5.2. Frame Shocking & Inverse Psychology: “But if that hasn’t worked so far, probably it won’t work if you tell simply tell them again.”
  5. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/machiavellian-frames/: a) under 1. Machiavellian Agenda-Setting: “ - Ask questions about their worst behavior - Aks them to the person who hates them most - Ask them everyone is there” [“Aks” instead of “Ask”, and missing “when” in last sentence]; and “Even better, ask as if it pained you to do dig”; and “You: look I’ve never asked this, but what’s with A.?.”; and “1. Thread-expand on your enemey’s value-taking behavior”; b) under 2. Manipulative Reframing: “Him: OMG, he is so romantic and does so many things for you. For most couple, it would be considered as really needy but it’s great to see how you take care of her so much.” [“couple” instead of “couples”]; and “He’ also following your lead and conceding. He’s entering and reacting to your frame. And of course, he’s losing power for expending more effort.” [“He’” instead of “He’s”]
  6. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/attack-frames/: a) “However, there are situation when attacking is a fair option.” [“situation” instead of “situations”]; b) under 1.: “But beside passion here is there is also out of control emotions, including:” [“here is there is” instead of “here there are”]; and “So I recommend more you learn how to defend against these frames, then using them.” [should it be “So I recommend you rather learn how to defend against these frames, than use them directly” or similar?]; c) under 2. Mirroring: “Michale repeats Mo’s words and expands on his frame.” [instead of “Michael”]; and “Some of the worst manipulators will accuse you of doing exactly what they are doing. And of course, it’s possible you’ve never even done it what they’re accusing you of.”; d) under 4. Shame Attacks: “Shame attacks attacks that combine high emotions, often anger and disdain, with an overcharged judge dose of the victim being “not good enough”; and “From a psychological point of view, shame attacks are sometimes used to for extreme virtue-signaling”; and “You can always expect the sheep and crowds to get more…” [missing end of sentence]
Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Boom!

Thank you so much Bel, this is super helpful.

Going through PU, slowly, and learning so much. It's a pleasure to be able to return at least a bit of the value you are giving me:

1. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/topic/self-defense/: a) under 1.2: “to make the power-aligning even more effective you can agree and thread-expand on the behavior” [first letter not capitalized]; b) under 2.2: “Keep the frame on the individual, cut out the external power (“frame individualization”): “it doesn’t matter what your parents think, this is about us, about you and I. Are you traumatized by this whole experience? [missing closing ]; c) under 2.3: “A soft version of this the “moral framing” can be found with manipulative negotiators.”; d) under 3.2: “That’s why, to stop the buck, you want to be meet people at their same level”; e) under 4: “It consisted of rejecting their frame, and shaming them by going higher” [“consisted” instead of “consists”] and “1. Refuse their frame 2. shame them … 3. cementing the frame” [“shame” instead of “Shame”, and “cementing” instead of “Cement”]; f) under 5. Frame Blocking: “When you see a frame coming, you can see multiple techniques.” [“see” instead of “use”?]; g) under 6. Meta-Framing: “Simply by explaining their games, you show a very high level of social intelligencce.”; and “when you chastise someone for being a nasty f*ck, the self frame is that you’re not a nasty fuck himself, and you do not accept nastiness -the type of eagle we talk about here-“ [“himself” instead of “yourself”]; h) under 7: “John also as an example when he used in his life after he came up with the structure” [“as” instead of “has”]; i) under 9: “(calls out the covert power move of “I’m just asking what these other people want to know).” [missing closing “];
  2. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/frame-control-techniques/quizzes/frame-control-quiz/: a) answer to first question (“Her question “what you want it sex, right?” is a one-up, one-down, or one-across?”) appears to be incorrectly tagged to the button for “One-down”; b) answer to second question: “Why is he asking that, what does he mean, is she worried, is she ---” [missing end]; c) answer to last question: “It’s becasue the raw social power that this man exemplifies.”
  3. at the page https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/intro-workplace-power-dynamics/topic/conflicts-of-interest-at-work/: a) “As a rule of thumb, there is more potential for conflict of interest at work than in most any other social exchange (including sexual ones)”; b) under Boss vs. Employees 3: “1. It increases your status Puts in the fast promotion track” [missing “you”]; c) under Owners vs. Employees: “They make the company’s interests” [“make” instead of “serve”] and “But while you are always empowered with more knowledge and skills, the company does not always and equally gain n all circumstances.”; e) under Old-Guard VS New Generation: “The people telling them is actually saying “look at ethically I’ve played the game and appreciate me for it”. [instead of “saying these things are” and “at how ethically”]; and “So throw them a bone, make them feel good, then frame yourself as a hard worker who “wants to be like him”, and you’ll be good to go”. [instead of “them”] and “And all the other  senior guys jumped on the chance” [missing closing “.”] and “It was my mistake, of course. the mistae was in framing the request.” and “(see what a Machiavellian power move? You make power-align with them”; f) under Individuals VS Team: “That picture says a lot about the interests of conflicts at work.” [instead of “conflicts of interest”] and “there is less money to go around for your next salary increaes.” and “But make your warmth descend from a position of superiority, as if you were already their leaders.” [instead of “leader”] and “the likelihood that your colleagues will have to shine and being” [instead of “be”]; g) under Execs VS Stakeholders: “Then, when the ship risks going down, you’ll see all the captains trying to ransack the ship, and leave everyone else to hold the bag.” [instead of “leaving”]; h) not a typo but an observation, related to the phrase “When that is the case, from a purely Machiavellian perspective, it’s best for you to work to help the bosses line up their pockets and interests, and that will help you make a great career. Then you can move somewhere else before that ship will start sinking (bad management doesn’t make for great companies)”: I would add here that one must be very careful, because many psychopathic bosses especially try to cause their employees to do illegal acts to then be able to blackmail them and hold their careers on the line.
Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Boom!

Thank you so much again, Bel!

Can't wait to be done with SU to start fixing all of these, they will really make a positive difference I think.

Quote from Jack Leśniewski on November 10, 2021, 2:05 pm

(...)

Finally managed to fix it, thank you again Jack!

Quote from Bel on November 16, 2021, 1:26 pm

Hi Lucio,

small things I noticed while going through Power University:

(...)

Thank you so much again, Bel!

Fixed it all now.

PreviousPage 30 of 37Next
Processing...