Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Best diet, food, or nutrition for power

PreviousPage 5 of 10Next

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150728-chimps-nearly-wiped-out-monkeys

Even Chimps hunt for nutrients lacking in plants

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/diagnosis-diet/201903/the-brain-needs-animal-fat

@lucio

as survival is paramount for power...

this is a nice one from paleomedicina clinic in Hungary, it seems they are making great progress with many hard to treat disease:

Possibilities of reducing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and increasing natural resistance to the disease via nutritional intervention:

"We recommend a thorough examination of the following medical facts for the benefit of the Hungarian population. The purpose of this paper is to contribute to the efficient fight against the current epidemic of SARS-CoV-2 and to rapidly reduce the number of fatal complications.

The scientific facts we put forward have been known for a long time; although they have been confirmed by recent research, they have not been established in clinical protocols yet. Of course, this concerns the spread and course of infectious diseases. We are not infectologists, but our special field of expertise has been nutritional science and nutritional intervention for 10 years. Based on international literature and clinical experience we argue that there are some simple solutions that can be applied quickly and effectively in everyday life to slow the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and to drastically reduce the severity of complications.

It has long been known that an increased carbohydrate intake increases the risk of infectious diseases. It has also been known for a long time that an increased carbohydrate intake increases the vitamin needs of the body. This is well-established medical knowledge; it is included in textbooks on biochemistry and physiology written several decades ago. Current diets, however, are mainly carbohydrate-based or high in carbohydrate, which is the result of cultural trends and mainstream dietary advice. Unfortunately, this is not at all favourable in the current epidemiological crisis. The development of age-related chronic medical conditions in the elderly further exacerbates the consequences of insufficient carbohydrate-based diets. The seriousness of the situation is worsened by the fact that dietetics has repeatedly made recommendations based on flawed principles and there are no specific medical recommendations.

The reality of this situation is difficult to recognise because public health care does not have specific medical experience in comparing different dietary habits, this task is delegated to experts of dietetics; however, dietetics has no real clinical feedback. Catch-22.

In this critical and alarming situation, we would like to draw attention to the fact that changing diets can cause drastic changes in the course of the COVID-19 epidemic in both positive and negative directions. This partly explains the significant difference in mortality rates between countries and different cultures.

The consumption of carbohydrates significantly contributes to viral replication and increases the body’s need for vitamins. These two known facts alone significantly influence the development and course of the disease. Extensive carbohydrate intake may even interfere with the physiological function of the immune system, thus significantly reducing the body’s defence capacities.

This is due to known scientific phenomena. vitamin C and vitamin D are two key elements in the physiological functioning of the immune system. The human body’s supply of these determines the extent to which the infection affects the body and whether complications emerge. All studies to date have confirmed that the levels of these vitamins are significantly lower in case of infectious diseases and chronic medical conditions, which severely worsens patients’ chances of recovery and pose further health risks. This is what makes the elderly the most vulnerable age group. However, many studies have also shown that additional intake of these vitamins through supplements is ineffective and does not affect morbidity or mortality. These physiological and immunological phenomena can be traced back to the following factors:

As for vitamin C, there is the so-called Glucose-Ascorbate antagonism due to structural similarity between vitamin C and glucose molecules. Even if the blood plasma contains a lot of vitamin C, it cannot efficiently enter cells if it is inhibited by the concomitant presence of glucose, which is a competitive antagonist. As a result of this phenomenon, the ascorbic acid content of cells and the blood glucose level are inversely proportional: the higher the blood glucose level, the lower the cellular ascorbic acid level. This is especially true for cells involved in immune defence, which ideally may accumulate up to 100 times the level of ascorbic acid in the blood. High levels of vitamin C in immune cells are key to effective immune function. As a result, a high-carbohydrate diet will inhibit the function of vitamin C, so the reduction potential of vitamin C, which is the basis of immune response, will not prevail, resulting in a “weak” immune response.

Vitamin D can be biologically inactive and active. The conversion of an inactive form to an active form is catalysed by the enzyme 1-alpha-hydroxylase predominantly in the kidney but in other cells too. Even the smallest increase in fructose levels in the kidneys blocks the enzyme 1-alpha-hydroxylase, which makes the inactive-active vitamin D conversion impossible. This phenomenon fundamentally affects the physiological function of vitamin D. Fruit consumption may significantly reduce or even stop the conversion of vitamin D to its active form for a long time; all other food containing fructose can do this. This requires a radical change in the interpretation of the physiological effects of fruit consumption.

The real physiological effects of artificial vitamins have been the subject of heated debates. An extensive survey carried out by the Danish government revealed that the vitamins needed by humans were found in animal offal. Additionally, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the earlier view that vitamins disintegrate when exposed to heat, that is during cooking, is a misconception; it is true only for vitamins in plants. Animal offal (containing vitamin C with up to 50 to 100 times higher concentration), surprisingly, has a very high heat stability, meaning that the vitamin C content does not decrease during cooking.
These are scientific facts, which, although discussed in the literature, are not yet widely known. Their practical implementation is basically non-existent in current nutritional recommendations, especially in a clinical setting.

Canadian authorities and experts conducted research into the H1N1 outbreak; it was clearly established that the highest risk factor was extensive carbohydrate intake and most people severely affected by the virus were diabetics.

Unfortunately, ketosis is an unknown concept in clinical and medical practice, even though a team, led by Professor Miklós Julesz, conducted relevant research between 1930 and 1960. Ketosis is the exact opposite of a carbohydrate-based diet. Here, we would like to draw attention to a very recent study that has shown that non-carbohydrate-based energy recovery, i.e. ketosis, can provide protection against infections. The specific physiological process is also known.

The above facts are based on physiological and biochemical knowledge. Obviously, there is a reason why they have not gained ground widely in the clinical mindset.

Now, in this crisis, it may be time to reconsider basic nutritional principles in order to manage COVID-19 and protect the population. This requires an unorthodox approach, which sooner or later will be inevitable.

What can and should be done in the current situation:

According to the scientific facts mentioned above, a decreased carbohydrate consumption significantly reduces the risk of serious infections. The daily consumption of a small amount of animal fats (10 dkg, ca. 3,5 ounces) is important for our vitamin and energy balance. The most effective sources of vitamins, as argued, are pieces of animal offal, which need to be implemented regularly in the diet.

Traditional Hungarian diet and gastronomy are suitable for this and are familiar to Hungarian people.

There is no doubt that this knowledge is contradictory and astonishing, but it is scientifically and clinically validated.

We would also point out that this simple methodology tends to meet superficial evaluations and is usually rejected without consideration. Such scientific and generally human behaviour is called “Semmelweis Reflex” in international literature. We don’t need to explain why.

The scientific validity of our statements is to be understood in light of the results of relevant human clinical and animal trials.

Of course, we think that the epidemiological measures taken by the Hungarian Government and the Operative Team are of great importance.

In order to effectively combat the current epidemic, and in order to rapidly reduce the risk of fatal complications, we recommend a thorough examination of these facts. We are ready to pass on the knowledge accumulated throughout our nutritional intervention practice."

Quote from Stef on August 25, 2020, 10:33 am

@lucio

as survival is paramount for power...

LOL, agreed, it's hard ot argue with that...

... UNLESS, you're pulling a martyrdom power move 😀

Jokes aside, my personal issue with any nutrition expert or study is that I have limited personal knowledge and very little personal experience to fit into a larger narrative.

To make a comparison, it's very different from social dynamics, where I have far more knowledge, far more experience, and can personally test many different theories and techniques.

For example, some days ago we mentioned Roosh V.
When Roosh V said you must approach women indirectly, or you "scare the cat", I knew that was a bunch of BS because I personally experienced the opposite countless times.
And when he said that he started conversations with women asking how many USB ports their laptops have, I had enough social reference points to know that must have likely been a rather awkward conversation for the woman.

But in nutrition... I'm personally more lost.
When someone tells me "don't eat fruit", and most mainstream advice is that fruits are good... I don't know who to trust. So, personally, I do keep eating fruits -especially apples, bananas, berries-.

Stef has reacted to this post.
Stef
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Yeah it is reassonable.

in nature fruit is only available during specific seassons in most of the world (summer), and almost no fruit (unless you store it) in winter.

in a way part of the problem is that nowadays we have acces to everything allways and some stuff was supposed to be consumed during limited periods, and the fact that modern fruit have been breeded to be way higher in sugars than most fruit is in its natural state.

I live in a tropical country and do eat some local fruit in seasson like mangoes, but personally the less plants I eat the better oral health and digestion.

From years of obsessive research I can tell something with a high level of confidence: maintream nutritional advice sucks and usually is the opposite of truth.

they promote a diet for slaves virtually.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Hmmm, it sounds like you've taken more time on this than I have, Stef.

Do you eat 3 meals a day?
Sometimes I feel it's such an overkill to go for breakfast, lunch, dinner. You're like spending the whole day cooking/eating. But once a day might be too little to sustain some muscle mass.

Lately I do like a 20 hours fast, and then during a window of around 4 hours in the evening I eat all what I want. (fasting/ feasting)

I am not too strict about it, but recently the idea of eating out of my 4 hour time-frame feels digusting to me.

I love the simplicity of this way of eating.

Right now I am not doing low carb at all (because eating carbs is fun, more so during the lockdowns when there is not too much else to do)

yet I prioritize getting high quality animal protein and nutrient dense foods (mostly offal like liver or egg yolks, sardines, etc) at least 4 or 5 days per week.

On this diet my muscle mass actually seems to have increased and I am on a very lazy period, doing almost zero physical activity.

I used to weight 145 pounds, now I weigh 160 but I dont feel like my belly is bigger or anything, female friends have told me that I am looking more "muscular".

the reasons may be:

• I eat a lot of cholesterol and saturated fat (testosterone, like Vitamin  D, is derived from cholesterol, and testosterone is paramount for muscle anabolism, sometimes even more than weight-lifting per se). Cholesterol is paramount for all animals cells, its unjust demonization has been one of the greates cons of the century. and all animals try to be full of saturated fat, even the cows that eat only grass are full of saturated fat, thats where butter comes from!
  • I eat a lot of animal tissue and muscle tissue similar to our own muscle tissue, with all the aminoacids in their more bioavailable form. Animal protein is higher in leucine than plant protein, and leucine is the most anabolic of all aminoacids (e.g. rat milk have 10 grams of leucine per 100 grams and baby rats grow like 10 times their original size in a couple of weeks or some shit like that vis a vis human milk that only got like 1 grams of leucine per 100g and we take years to grow a proportional amount in comparisson rats.)
  • All the other micro-ZOO-nutrients in abundant amounts.
  • Low insulin periods from the fasting, even lower if some day I go very low carb or full keto. (high insuline seems to tell the body: "time to store fat and maybe waste excess muscle mass, since muscle mass is energetically costly and we dont need a lot of it to do all wee need to do to survive and reproduce as as tool using species"), for the body muscle mas is like a luxury, and luxuries are for kings, like "the king of the jungle" the lion, who by definition is a top predator on a mostly carnivore diet. (it is almost as if too much plant food signal periods of scarcity, like if you were on an starvation diet, starving from animal nutrients)

Fat and ketones seems to be a much better energy source than glucose for all the tissues that can oxidize fat or ketones, in one experiment people in nutritional ketosis where able to be under water without breathing for double the amount of time, just because the brain was getting more energy from ketones in place of using glucose, with no additional training whatsoever.

Granted: there may be a period of adjustment to any change in diet, and for some people this periods may be very harsh.

Any question, from any of you guys, on this topic, I am most than happy to share my research and results and get your feedback, so feel free to ask me.

Lucio Buffalmano

From a power moves point of view, look who always have had "hunting" like their sport: the kings and royalty.

Slaves and peasants are supposed to eat mostly a plant based diet, even Plato supposedly reccomended feeding slaves plant based diets.

Nowadays the conspiracy is to trick the slaves and the poor into believing that plant-based diets are actually healthier than animal-based diets.

And in many cases they have succeded!

Quote from Stef on August 27, 2020, 7:07 am

The reasons may be:

• I eat a lot of cholesterol and saturated fat (testosterone, like Vitamin  D, is derived from cholesterol, and testosterone is paramount for muscle anabolism, sometimes even more than weight-lifting per se).
  • I eat a lot of animal tissue and muscle tissue similar to our own muscle tissue
  • All the other micro-ZOO-nutrients in abundant amounts.

Thank you so much for sharing this, Stef!

You say "feasting whatever you feel like", but it seems that you are still mostly sticking to your, let's call them, "pre-approved" foods, is that right?

What would be some types of food that belong to those three categories?

My first priority is to get animal food in good amounts at least 3 to 5 days of the week, (protein plus fat, things like egg yolks, fried-in-butter chicken livers, sardines)

Dairy I only eat on the weekends because I dont digest it too well, and I try to eat it without mixing it with other stuff.

Then from the plant kingdom (for fun or pleasaure since I dont believe you need to eat any plant at all to be healthy given you have acces to sufficient amounts of a variety of high quality animal food) I would eat fruits and stuff I find easy to digest, even if it is not the "healthiest".

I preffer to drink a lemonade with table sugar to a brocolli if the brocolli give me gas or any discomfort at all, so in that regard I listen "to my digestion". Cause I dont think any plant nutrient or possible benefit is worth discomfort, farts, or pain.

for more info I recommend reading this website:

https://carnivoreaurelius.com/blog/

To drink I preffer coconut water, like half a liter per day or one coconut is enough  (if i had acces to blood maybe I would drink that too, blood is after all our original food when we are babies in the womb, and it is enough to create a new organism from scratch!!! given that blood is especially enriched during pregnancy, but all blood and animal tissue carry nutrients in their animal version, what herbivores do is very hard to achieve and costly for the body: transform plant tissue into animal tissue, so in a carnivore diet you actually end getting more animal nutrients and needing less)

Lucio Buffalmano
PreviousPage 5 of 10Next
Processing...