Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blooming Seasonal Changes

I'll be sharing experiences, insights, ambitions and a little about me.

I'm relatively young near my 20s and I'm not quite sure where I'm going. Though that's okay with me.

After reading (monk mode) Lucio's post:

In a way I felt inspired to experience the monk mode myself  thus I started by killing all my entertainment usage such as K-dramas, anime and games. Albeit it was fun in the end it wasn't leading me to where I wanted to go as it constantly consumed my time with the endless scrolling and clicks that would soon be regretted. Long story short I had a addiction with gaming and anime in my childhood. I think embarking on this journey will be a new and fun experience. I think ideally I should balance my life but since I operate on 2 extremes of laziness and discipline. I'd rather just focus on one extreme as it's easier for me to function in such manner.

Purpose: To constantly grow as I've always hated stagnation and hopefully become a high quality individual such that I can be me a role model to my children in such a distant future 🙂 but also to find a high quality partner ;)...

My Plan:

->5 focus areas

-Studying

-Growth

-Being more present

-Health

-Balanced lifestyle

Release valves:

-Daily exercise during lunch breaks

-Social events with good mates

-Music and some silly dancing 🙂

-A nice steamy shower

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Rock on BrightDemon!

Yeah, if deciding between laziness and disciplines and you want to reach certain objectives, then you're better served with discipline.

Then, later on, you can add back some of the things you enjoyed, but more in moderation, and seek that good balance you talk about.

BrightDemon has reacted to this post.
BrightDemon
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from BrightDemon on February 18, 2021, 2:45 pm

Purpose: To constantly grow as I've always hated stagnation and hopefully become a high quality individual such that I can be me a role model to my children in such a distant future ? but also to find a high quality partner ;)...

Hello BrightDemon, congratulations for the self-honesty. Here are two posts that could be of help.

Values: external vs Internal

Values: the value of writing them down

I think there is Power in your goals. That means that you have a cause to serve: your future children. This will help you focus on the standards you have for yourself. Here is a video for you as well:

Joe Rogan: "Wow, my dad was a bad m###f###r, he really did what he had to do"

My Plan:

->5 focus areas

-Studying

-Growth

-Being more present

-Health

-Balanced lifestyle

I think this is very smart. My advice: stay at this for at least a year to see progress. I would also recommend to go from "-" to numbers.

1.Studying

2.Growth

3.Being more present

4.Health

5.Balanced lifestyle

For instance. These are areas but also values and intentions. I would spend time on making the things above concrete goals. Tom Bilyeu is the best and you can also check "OKRs". I don't want to drown you in information, though. So in short move from areas to goals and then prioritize your goals. Make your goals as specific as possible, with a date, numbers if possible. So you can know if you are on the right path or not. The number of goals is good, I would not put more. You also identified being present as very important. I agree with you. Then I would prioritize my goals. You want to give the most detailed instructions to your mind.

If you decide to follow my advice, I'm happy to give you a feed-back on the result and guide you further in case you want it.

Release valves:

-Daily exercise during lunch breaks

-Social events with good mates

-Music and some silly dancing ?

-A nice steamy shower

That is also very smart. You need to take care of yourself. In our productivist/consumerist age, the question (thanks to US culture) is often: "How can I do more? How can I work more?" I think it's all good and fair. However, remember that "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano and BrightDemon have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoBrightDemon

Thanks John and Lucio for the awesome advice!

Hopefully I can achieve that state of balance one day.

After learning about "OKRs" and reading John's advice,I realised that my approach wasn't systemic enough in the sense that I had no measurable progress of my Area of focus.Hence I decided to follow a Template from "Notion" in order to be more effective and efficient in regards to where I want to go.I also further clarified my why(purpose)->values, hows(system/plan) and what(end goal).

Essentially on the Template I have  from Areas to objectives to Key results with it reporting the percentile of progress with my inputted data and quartile dates with further filters and properties for further convenience.

If anyone is interested in Notion, it's essentially a versatile app that does a lot related to planning and the reason why I love it so much is due to the power of Templates and how flexible the app whether it's from taking notes in class to organising my life.I highly recommend it!

If you decide to follow my advice, I'm happy to give you a feed-back on the result and guide you further in case you want it.

That would be awesome! Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano

Monk Mode has been quite the experience with it's ups and downs in the sense that I lost all my entertainment usage, I gained something anew. I used to spend a vast majority of my time on entertainment but now that it's all being  invested into working on my Objective and Key results. Though don't get me wrong, I'm far from where I want to be but I'm grateful for the present yet at the same time I hunger for my ambitions. I'm enjoying this feeling of progress and further clarity in my life.

Blunders:

-Excessive Running: I have a running partner such that I practically run 5x/ week however it's taking a toll on my body, practically to the point of overtraining such that my functionality is toned down since I'm tired->Hence the excessive rest periods of me laying on my bed but really I feel like it's another unnecessarily barrier for me to function in a tired state on my weekends 🙂

My Solution: Tone down  the running and invest that time into something more productive or find another release valve, I might join a sign language club instead to replace some of my running activities as I'm an avid runner.

-Entertainment Relapses: I find myself drawn to entertainment usage subconsciously and have slipped on a few occasions.

My Solutions: Using my Ksafe more (it's essentially a safe that does not unlock no matter what until the set time has passed)->lower "decision fatigue" due to locked devices , adding Filters on my devices  and becoming more aware of my cravings in regards to entertainment. I'm not a workaholics by any means, this is just a temporary measure to conquer another mountain before I learn to balance and at then some point I hope to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I've also deleted all my book tabs and downloaded  games to reduce such Cues from triggering me into a binge state of entertainment.

I'm also trying to become more analytical of my social interactions such that I can increase my Emotional intelligence as that's more of a social goal of mine in health as I dislike the feeling of being dense but hey I'm only human with my own flaws 🙂 .After all there have been times where my lack of emotional Intelligence leading to some  awkward situations... :p

Lucio Buffalmano

Monk mode has brought my life to new intensities where I'm able to do things much faster but it has been tough as one of my close friends misunderstood the situation as me avoiding him only to further be clarified through an online letter after all it's a given that I'm not active on my socials unless it directly relates to my objectives/Areas...It's tough in that regard...Not being able to keep in contact with close friends but hopefully they will understand 🙂

I guess my life right now could be described as constantly studying and  if not I'm reading an book "Thanks for your Feedback" and if I'm not reading I have my weights nearby for spontaneous exercise.Obviously there's more stuff but I guess that's just one way to describe it! It feels like an endless cycle...I'm not surprised after all these changes are perhaps revolutionary to me...Though don't get me wrong,I'm also resting through naps and using my relief valves so it's not too bad 🙂 I look forward to my destination but at the same time I know to enjoy what I have now. I think I'm starting to build momentum now as the past few days have been tough in the sense that I haven't adapted to such huge changes but hopefully the snowball effect starts kicking in 🙂

I'm not gonna lie, there have been those moments where I felt like giving up on this mode...In moments like these I like to remind myself of why I started in the 1st place and where I want to reach... 🙂

WOW,I must say.Experiencing Monk Mode has been a wonderful experience but I notice at times my relief valves aren't effective enough or that I need to do them more as today I felt back on my old unhealthy habits but I'm glad that I took this route regardless.I think I tend to slowly slip back to my old and healthy habits over time gradually but I must say there is more sense of control in a way regarding to my old habits which is nice.I'm gonna give myself one day to reset and hang out with some good old mates.I hope I can continue to make monk an habit and get more efficient at utilising it. I could also potentially start small with monk mode rather than causing a massive change in my schedules but personally I like the massive changes and hope to become more consistent with it.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman

Hi guys...I have the chance to become an Executive Assistant but it comes at the cost of stopping my High School Education. Hence I feel  extremely conflicted on what to do as I might have to leave my family because of it...I have tried offer for a win-win situation but they don't seem to understand...This is my one chance..it could be my make or break...I could earn potentially up to 6 figures given proper commission...Afterall my family wants to save face as a son without proper education would be deemed a failure but this might be my one chance to increase my financial resources  immensely...Will I this will be the end of my family life...I might have to take this leap to pay back my family...be it 2-3 years...Honestly I'm conflicted but this is my dream...I want to head there but my parents don't particular seem to understand me...

You know I'd never thought I'd be offered an job as an executive Assistant maybe I don't know my potential value...Though in many ways it has caused distress and conflict within my family as it's a full time job which means I would have to put a stop to my education which something that I wouldn't mind to be honest as I can always repeat year 12 but maybe not a job offer...As the days go by I wonder If I can be the hero of my life enough to make a 360...Since that day...a lot has been going through my mind...I wish to grow far beyond to provide value to others and people within the TPM forums perhaps to some degree I'd love offer value but perhaps I have not nurtured enough to reach that point...Though I think I'm getting there...Perhaps at times I miss the simplicity of life and perhaps past ignorance towards responsibilities but that isn't how extreme ownership works 🙂 ...but I'm not alone...as my friend stated

look, I've got your back

your family has got your back

mine has your back

you aren't alone

The results of my grades frustrate me yet maybe I could be looking at it differently in the sense that I should be proud of my hard work, after all I'm giving it my all...I'm not stagnant...

Processing...