Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New TPM logo: feedback?

As you might have noticed, lots of changes under way :).

So I've also thought to revisit the logo.

And potentially add a new tagline.

Tagline

For the tagline, I thought:

"Fly with the eagles"

It's the briefest one I can think of, while covering many recurring themes in TPM, including:

• The power of the most famous "bird of prey"
  • The self-development process of going from standing to "taking off towards the skies"
  • The logical, rational, and strategic approach of "looking at things from above"
  • The philosophical and mindset aspect of using power and strategies for a good life, as in "staying higher, not allowing the turkey to drag you into their low-level scratching / nasty power games"
  • The approach of developing power not as an option, but as a need, as in "you need to be able to soar higher to stay away from the turkeys"

And, finally:

• When things turn sour, the Machiavellian and strategic approach of the "resolute power move".
    Striking once and for all from the above, avoiding long and drawn out lose-lose battles

What I Told the Designer:

I'm thinking of an eagle rising up from the name, as if to say "this brand helps you become a powerful eagle flying into the skies"

And I took this design from their portfolio:

And told them "something like this, but more aggressive".

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

And this is what I've gotten now:

Concept 1

Typo apart, the lines around "fly with the eagles" is a good idea.

Not as I imagined with the eagle flying from the brand.

But maybe it can get there removing the circle and pulling the eagle down,

Concept 2

This one looks very "royal", which isn't bad.

But again I'm looking at 2 different things: the name / tagline, and an eagle on top.

I'm missing the symbiosis between brand, tagline, and eagle, all together.

Concept 3

Interesting approach of putting the bird on the side.

I think this could work better if the bird was on top, next to "the", and maybe looking upward.

Concept 4

Interesting concept, different form all the previous ones.

But I'm not a big fan of this, too many moving parts that are not coming together to form a whole.

Overall

I think we're already a step ahead of the current logo.

That's good.

But at first, I wasn't too impressed by any of the designs.

Thoughts... ?

What do you think?

I haven't given detailed consideration.

The colour matching with the website could be critical.

I was also thinking about curving your tagline around the bottom of the circular eagle logo in the first design.

I think the first design captures the essence in a simple manner.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on July 9, 2021, 7:32 pm

And this is what I've gotten now:

Concept 1

Typo apart, the lines around "fly with the eagles" is a good idea.

Not as I imagined with the eagle flying from the brand.

But maybe it can get there removing the circle and pulling the eagle down,

I looked at those designs yesterday and took some time to think about them. And, I'm with Matthew on this one.

In terms of making the logo more inclusive with the website name, why not ask the designer for something like this:

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

BTW, rereading Lucio's feedback on the logos (albeit this is a guess), it seems he initially liked and saw the most potential in Concept 3. His thoughts on that logo felt the most positive out of the bunch when I read back over them.

So, pulling the design element he also liked in Concept 1 (namely the lines), here's something else I thought of:

And, again, I used that "old school" technique of creating more symbiosis by crafting the logo into the website name itself.

Matthew, I'm curious man, does this new design change your mind at all?

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood

Your modified design of 3 looks good :).

I suppose the square logo would be the P. (For LinkedIn, Instagram where square logos are useful)

I wasn't really set on any design.

Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Ali Scarlett on July 11, 2021, 3:19 am

BTW, rereading Lucio's feedback on the logos (albeit this is a guess), it seems he initially liked and saw the most potential in Concept 3. His thoughts on that logo felt the most positive out of the bunch when I read back over them.

So, pulling the design element he also liked in Concept 1 (namely the lines), here's something else I thought of:

And, again, I used that "old school" technique of creating more symbiosis by crafting the logo into the website name itself.

Matthew, I'm curious man, does this new design change your mind at all?

Awesome idea, Ali, thank you so much!

I sent it to the designer.

Plus what I had originally thought, which was putting the eagle next to the "The" and above "Power Moves", as if it was emerging from "power moves" and about to take off.

Let's see what comes out of it.

Matthew Whitewood has reacted to this post.
Matthew Whitewood

I'm starting to like these.

If you got any thoughts, let me know:

And:

And:

And:

I think this one would be it easy to crop out a square logo.
The bird and P combined would make a good square logo for social media channels in my opinion:

I think the word "eagles" is misspelt to "edges".
Unless you mean "edges" in the sense of

We are flying on the cutting edge of power dynamics.

My vote would be 2 then 3 can't decide between them, not sure I like the "fly with the eagles" though seems a bit extra and takes away from the strength of the title

I have never created a logo in my life don't even have one for my business after years, so take my opinion with a grain of salt lol

Lucio Buffalmano
Processing...