Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

PreviousPage 35 of 37Next

Hello Lucio,

the title of PU content update thread: "content" instead of "contet"

Cheers!

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you, John!

Yeah, you're right.
The thing is, it's Anon's original post and generally I prefer to have a strong reason to go and edit someone else's post without prior consent.

Correct grammar is important, and so is spelling.
Still, also considering that many people read almost-correct words as if they were correct, I'd somehow wait for his return and confirm with him -he often comes and goes, so I think there will be a chance-.

If you or someone else disagree or has a different opinion, happy to read and consider.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

For me, I don't mind, it's a detail. I notice it every time, but it's not bothering me. I did not notice whose thread it was, hence the feed-back (I thought it was yours). I think it's adding value, it makes the person looks better and the title is more readable. It's changing one letter, so it's not a major change. It's up to you, my intention was to help.

Here: #116, "fundamental strategies" instead of "strategiest"

Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from John Freeman on October 8, 2022, 6:06 am

For me, I don't mind, it's a detail. I notice it every time, but it's not bothering me. I did not notice whose thread it was, hence the feed-back (I thought it was yours). I think it's adding value, it makes the person looks better and the title is more readable. It's changing one letter, so it's not a major change. It's up to you, my intention was to help.

Thank you John, fair enough, you convinced me -plus Anon seems a reasonable and cool guy who is probably also OK with that-.

I fixed it now, plus added "discussion" to the title to highlight the contribution and importance of the community input in developing PU.

John Freeman has reacted to this post.
John Freeman

I fixed it now, plus added "discussion" to the title to highlight the contribution and importance of the community input in developing PU.

Great idea! Value-adding I think. 🙂

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/power-university-welcome-lesson/:

a) under "The 4 Stages of Development": the infographics for stage no. 4 repeats the word "what" twice: "I often get what what I want".

b) under "Phase 1": "Most people have at least some areas where they’re fully seeing everything yet" ["they're not fully"]

BTW: in light of the "growth frame" principles, I would consider removing the mention of "the author" from this sentence.

c) under "Challenge 1": "And Power University will help you with from the very first step" ["with this from"]

d) under "Challenge 2": "And good should be good for most situations -and don’t be too wrong for all the others-." ["not be"]

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/power-university-welcome-lesson/topic/how-to-make-the-most-of-power-university/:

a) under "3. Go In Order": "The lesson are generally laid out to go from:

1. From..." [suggest removing the first "from"]

and "high-level strategies are what some may refer to as “general principles” or as the more marketing-oriented folks may even call “laws”" ["or the"]

b) under "4. Leverage...": "Think it over: what’s happening, who’s winning, the best strategies to achieved the desired results…" ["achieve"]

c) under "5.3": "these are lessons you may skip (or come back to it on a second run)." ["come back to on a"]

Lucio Buffalmano

BOOM!

Thank you so much Bel!

Super helpful and fixed it now.

Bel has reacted to this post.
Bel

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/foundations-of-self-development/topic/foundational-steps-of-personal-empowerment/:

1. Under 1.4: “But as long as you keep the core belief, you have the right mental framework of an empowered man /woman.” [a space between man and /]
  2. Under 1.6: “Will to power and personal success can -and often are– be value-adding, so you don’t need to shy away from it.” [“can be -and often are-“]
  3. Under 1.6: subparagraphs are numbered 5.2 and 5.3 instead of 1.6.2 and 1.6.3
  4. Under current 5.2: “Only when you can listen and acknowledge your dark side, you can begin to shape it.” [“listen to and”]
  5. Under current 5.3: “You can’t be socially powerful if all you do is hiding behind a social lie of “niceness”” [“hide”]
  6. Under 2.3: “Install a CCTV camera at your place” [“I” in “Install” is not bold like the rest of the letters]
  7. Under 4.2: “3. Middle-class, shoulders most of the work (time-wise, at least), and pays most the taxes” [“most of the taxes” or “most taxes”] and “(resources) shield you from prostituting your mind and frees you from outside authority–any outside authority.” [“free”]
Lucio Buffalmano

BOOM!

Thank you so much, Bel, fixed it now.

Bel has reacted to this post.
Bel
PreviousPage 35 of 37Next
Processing...