Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

PreviousPage 36 of 37Next

Error 1

High-Value Socialization

The graphic at the bottom of the page. 'Your' and 'value' are spelt incorrectly.

Error 2
https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/social-success-principles/

Graphic halfway down the page - 'everyone' spelt incorrectly

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

BOOM!

Thank you so much Rogue!

Fixed one right away, and the other one I'm sending to the designer to be fixed ASAP.

Rogue has reacted to this post.
Rogue
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/foundations-of-self-development/topic/foundational-steps-of-social-power/:

1. Under 4.2: “2. Setting the rules of engagement: once a frame is set, it guides the relationship within the winner’s rules” [missing closing “.”]
  2. Under 4.3: “Successful people succeed because they keep track of who gives and takes, who empwers them, and who disempowers them” [“empowers”]
  3. Under 4.3: “They are strategic about their giving and taking, they know when someone is disempowering them, and they corrective actions (we’ll learn that in this course).” [“they take corrective actions”]
  4. Under 4.3.4: “Winners and social strategies don’t let others disempower them.” [“strategists”]
  5. Under 4.3.4: “When you let others disempower you, you lose social status and everyone’s respect (including your own)” [“missing closing “.”]
  6. Under 4.4: “10. Kindness / pleasant disposition (remember: that is a form of well as value and, often, it requires investment)” [“value as well”]
  7. Under 4.4: “then your investment is part of a virtuous cycle and quickly move towards collaborative and win-win” [“moves”]
  8. under 6.2: “When children rebels in their teens” [“rebel”]
  9. under 6.6: “And they don’t even much status or personality-based power” [“even have much”]
  10. Numbering of paragraphs starts from 4, should be 1
  11. Paragraph 4.3.4 should be 4.3.2 (and 1.3.2 after renumbering all above paragraphs)
  12. Paragraph 8.2 should be 7.2 (and 4.2 after renumeration of above paragraphs)
Lucio Buffalmano

BOOM, awesome, thank you so much Bel, fixed it now.

Bel has reacted to this post.
Bel

I understand now that the numbering of paragraphs is in sequence with the page immediately preceding that; what had led me to think that it was to restart was that the previous page also had a paragraph number 4.

Lucio Buffalmano
Quote from Bel on November 15, 2022, 10:54 am

I understand now that the numbering of paragraphs is in sequence with the page immediately preceding that; what had led me to think that it was to restart was that the previous page also had a paragraph number 4.

Yeah, exactly!

Wanted to make a note to share that as well, but there was a gap between me fixing the issues and writing that thank you note and I forgot.

Bel

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/high-value-socialization/topic/social-exchanges-i-the-economics-of-social-success/:

1. under High-Value People: A Profile: "Lots of people pleading for help send her poor CVs that only waste her time" [missing closing "."] and "She feels they only care about what she can do for them, without giving anything back" [missing closing "."]
  2. under Value Takers...: "I’m an honest person, don’t corner me into this BS where I feel obliged to say “yes” and put my reputation on the line" [missing closing "."] and "Value taker: “Please, please, please… " [space between three dots and "]
  3. under First Impressions: "And it’s the lower value person’s job is to make sure that he shows himself as a giver. Or, at least, not as a value-taker." ["job to"]

I know we're splitting the hair here btw!

Lucio Buffalmano

BOOM!

Thank you so much, Bel!

Any best-in-class course that wants to be "premium" needs not just premium content, but also premium and flawless presentation of the material, so the hair-splitting is most welcome and super useful.

Fixed it now, together with the infographics that Rogue mentioned earlier.

Bel

At https://thepowermoves.com/courses/power-university/lessons/high-value-socialization/topic/strategies-techniques-mindsets-foundational/:

1. under 1. Switch to...: "Be careful not to express the  WIIFT in a way that frames people as selfish". [a space too much between these words]
  2. under 2. Give some...: "Remember from the previous lesson the example of that girl whom I said “I’ll let you know ASAP”? ["girl to whom"] and "Its’ because I didn’t trust..." ["It's"]
  3. under 3.: "Your work is so helpful that I also share it with my friends" [missing closing "."]
  4. "I’m sure other readers would also love some offers like that ( <-  frames ... value-giving)" [missing closing "." both at end of sentence and at end of comment]
  5. "He might not share The Power Moves’ anymore." ["Moves"]
  6. "You haven’t given anything yet, but you can “pre-suade” them with your future value-giving powe" ["power"]
  7. "You give them value, your leverage increase, and they are incentivized..." ["increases"]
  8. under 6. Become a a “fair-value social marketer”: green infographics: "Aligns interests, gives, assess, asks, strategize" ["assesses" and "strategizes"]
  9. "When you’re here, you proactively sell and market your contribution to making sure they’re fairly valued and appreciated". ["make"]
  10. "However, if you plan of going place in life" ["places"]
  11. "After I linked to him, I showed it to him via text. and gave him 3 reasons why I added good value to his business." ["text, and"]
  12. "you must keep an eye if the relationship can ever truly be win-win with them". ["on whether"]

Now I think I get the "fair value marketing" part! I think I just couldn't when I started.

Lucio Buffalmano

Boom!

Thank you so much, Bel!

Fixed it now.

And about this:

Quote from Bel on November 23, 2022, 7:22 pm

Now I think I get the "fair value marketing" part! I think I just couldn't when I started.

Consider that I extended and improved that part.
And that was in large part thanks to you and our interactions on the forum, so really thank you for that.

Bel
PreviousPage 36 of 37Next
Processing...